Pages:
Author

Topic: Isn't bitcoin Money? Aren't there only 2 ways to earn bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 1964 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am here not for very long time, and I see that all topics regarding earning bitcoins are very hot, people love disusing earning bitcoins.

I am confused. As a human being, we all know how to make money.

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

If bitcoin is Money, then the ways to make money are the ways to earn bitcoin, isn't it? 

In a word, there are only two ways to make money/bitcoin, legal and illegal. Wink

I do love this saying, "In a word, Bitcoin is MONEY".

Bitcoin is a currency but it is not money. In order for bitcoin to be considered money the state must recognized it as a legal tender but until now there are no declaration of bitcoin as a legal tender or an official medium of exchange and thus it can never be considered as a money. Though there are countries that have adopted bitcoin but they treat bitcoin as a commodity with a value that is a feasible form of payment.

Isn't currency money?  For me, USD is a currency, HKD is a currency, and both HKD and USD are MONEY.

No, currency is different from money. Money stores intrinsic value within itself, fiat currency possesses buying power bestowed upon it by the government. Meaning a USD bill does not have a real value, it is only a piece of paper with writings and drawings, it only has a value because the government says so.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I am here not for very long time, and I see that all topics regarding earning bitcoins are very hot, people love disusing earning bitcoins.

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

If bitcoin is Money, then the ways to make money are the ways to earn bitcoin, isn't it? 

In a word, there are only two ways to make money/bitcoin, legal and illegal. Wink

Bitcoin is a currency but it is not money. In order for bitcoin to be considered money the state must recognized it as a legal tender but until now there are no declaration of bitcoin as a legal tender or an official medium of exchange and thus it can never be considered as a money. Though there are countries that have adopted bitcoin but they treat bitcoin as a commodity with a value that is a feasible form of payment.

Isn't currency money?  For me, USD is a currency, HKD is a currency, and both HKD and USD are MONEY.
2009 1 Ƀ = 0.0001 USD
2010 1 Ƀ = 0.07 USD
2011 1 Ƀ = 15 USD
2012 1 Ƀ = 7 USD
2013 1 Ƀ = 100 USD
2014 1 Ƀ = 600 USD
2015 1 Ƀ = 220 USD
2016 1 Ƀ = 1100 USD
2017 1 Ƀ = 1280 USD

From 0 to $1280, it took only 7 years, so I do believe that it could be $500,000 (prediction from Jeremy Liew & Peter Smith) by the year 2030.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

I have one more concern too:

Can bitcoin really protect our wealth?  Will there be one day that bitcoin is as trusted (or even more) as gold?

Isn't bitcoin Money? 

Pages:
Jump to: