Pages:
Author

Topic: Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for me - page 2. (Read 1140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Because they have enemies that promissed to wipe Israel from the map, and at least once they did it. Also they are strongly outnumbered.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
...math, you can trust math.
there are too many people on this planet who despise Israel, I understand they have to serve. I think it is also important for individuals to learn how to survive, "antisemitism" is not over, quite the opposite, it is on rise, and they know it.

But I hate to be forced into military training. Im against it. It should be everyones free choice.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
why it's that hard to conceive? fyi, south korea is the same. anyway, it's because there's so much heat around israel, north africa, and the rest of the middle east. you have hamas, iran and other groups that want to take out israel, so they have to defend themselves somehow.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for men and two years for women. why ?
They have the need for people to have to serve. The US used to have a draft that made most young men at the time serve in the military because we were at war.
since Haamas is at war with Israel they need a lot if soldiers to fight for their country and religion.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Israel requires its citizens serve in military when they turn 18, 3 years for men and two years for women. why ?
They have the need for people to have to serve. The US used to have a draft that made most young men at the time serve in the military because we were at war.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074

I think because of Israel small population. If Israel has bigger population the volunteers would be enough.

If my country all is reserved, from high school we trained 4 years 2 - 3 hours per day called Citizens Army Training which will be conducted by mostly ex military instructor. Then at college we are train 4 - 5 years again its called ROTC which is both physically hard.
Activity: 266

I have a skype friend who lives in israel and he just went to serve in the military. He describes it as a "man" thing in his society. You go in to become toughened and turn into a man. That's besides the moral aspect of it, however. I don't know why.
Activity: 434
Pages:
Jump to: