Pages:
Author

Topic: Israeli-Palestine conflict escalates - page 2. (Read 1737 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 19, 2012, 01:07:23 PM
I know Israel has done things to the Palestines that they have every right to be pissed off about but doesn't anyone else actually get a bit fed up with how the Hamas leader keeps calling for peace and then minutes later there are reports of missiles being fired into Israel? It's the political equivalent of the "Why are you hitting yourself?" gag, normally I wouldn't be too bothered about this kind of stupidity but they keep dragging civilians into it and don't seem to give a fuck which pisses me off.

If you want to kill each other for stupid reasons and you're determined to fine, but don't go dragging people who have nothing to do with it into your problems and be a selfish cunt about it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
November 19, 2012, 02:14:01 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/18/us-palestinians-israel-hamas-idUSBRE8AD0WP20121118

Obama is quick to respond but tentative to intervene as the conflict escalates (A tendency that is being mirrored by leaders around the world including many EU nations).

I am also noticing that most people who are commenting on these stories across the various news sites are convinced that the media is being biased against their 'side of the conflict' (if you will). What surprises me is that in most of the articles I've read there appears to be little to no bias in either direction, just a statement of what happened, how many died, and what various nation's responses were. It seems that instead of taking into account all information and THEN making a decision, most people seem content to simply refuse any information that goes against what they already believe (or rather what they've already been told to believe by their political parties).

I have always been a proponent of a 1 state solution, or the Lock-in solution.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104359/i-mean-come-on
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
November 19, 2012, 12:39:53 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/18/us-palestinians-israel-hamas-idUSBRE8AD0WP20121118

Obama is quick to respond but tentative to intervene as the conflict escalates (A tendency that is being mirrored by leaders around the world including many EU nations).

I am also noticing that most people who are commenting on these stories across the various news sites are convinced that the media is being biased against their 'side of the conflict' (if you will). What surprises me is that in most of the articles I've read there appears to be little to no bias in either direction, just a statement of what happened, how many died, and what various nation's responses were. It seems that instead of taking into account all information and THEN making a decision, most people seem content to simply refuse any information that goes against what they already believe (or rather what they've already been told to believe by their political parties).

Pages:
Jump to: