Pages:
Author

Topic: Issue with Exodus app on mobile phone (android) - page 2. (Read 203 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
You are using your mobile phone in a way malware can easily be installed on it which is the root of the issue that you have with it. Stop clicking on ads, use ad blockers, avoid malware, visit the correct site and be careful of search engines like google.

I will advise you to reformat your phone. Make sure you have your seed phrase and important information back up.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
I don't really use Exodus anymore, but I have their wallet installed on my phone and I never had this issue before.

What happens when you tap "Fix" though? does that automatically uninstall the app? either way, their support team is very response, so you may want to contact them if the problem persists.
Activity: 238
Merit: 68
Freedom speech and decentralized places. 💕
Sup folks! Yesterday when I woke up i was gonna pay a bill so I started my bank app on the phone but when I did I got this message on my screen. (I put picture in the bottom)
I only had two options, to delete the Exodus app if i wanted to continue using the bank app or close the bank app (that of course won't work, I need to pay my bills.  Cool)

I been using Exodus for a couple of years and never had this issue before, I tried to restart the phone several times same thing came up.
Have anyone else had the same exp before? It's strange that it's just happens after a year of using the app, and the app is also downloaded from Google Play.
Maybe Exodus have some issue at the moment with their Android App? Or it could be some issue with my phone.
Or my phone got some shit inside it, witch I highly doubt since I never share anything or download any shit at any time, never.

But it was a bit strange and a little bit nervous to see the warning message first, I wonder why it arrived there? How can a app get infected just like that.  Tongue
First I thinking that my wallet was hacked, but all the bitcoin was still there. If you using Exodus on your wallet, I recommend you to check if you have any similar issues.

Anyway! The most important thing was that no bitcoin was missing, but anyway I instantly moved the bitcoin I had there to another wallet and deleted the app, then I tried to install it again and everything was back to normal, but I did not reset that wallet, I created a new one.

...And yes I know that a cold wallet is the best option, but been 100% without a hot wallet is impossible for me.
This thread should not be about what wallet is the best and safest, just about this particular problem at Exodus (or my phone).

Sorry for bad English and other stuff, I am not from a native English speaking country so I did my best.

Pages:
Jump to: