Pages:
Author

Topic: Issues with programming, Bitcoin, Private Keys, and Public Keys - page 3. (Read 4913 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I took a look at your code and honestly I am not sure what you are doing.   As pointed out trying to reinvent ECDSA support is probably not a good idea.   There are a number of Bitcoin specific libraries but if you want to drop down a level both bouncy castle and openssl support all the ECDSA functions needed to implement a bitcoin node.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I'm not aware of one.  I had a hell of a time even finding a 256+ bit integer library as it was.  Do you recommend a particular ecdsa library?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
took a quick look.

Why aren't you simply using an ECDSA library?

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/74648b16c2692525

That is my C++ code where I'm trying to spit out a bunch of sequential private keys.  I know that's not a good idea, but if my program can't do it sequentially, its not going to work in any other manner either, so, I've got to start somewhere.

This program results in the proper X,Y coordinates for private key 0x03, but 0x04 and 0x05 both have the wrong Y values but proper X values, and 0x06 and on are both wrong X values and Y values.  This whole thing is very confusing and I am not getting it and have already put well over a week into just getting this far in this program (I don't exactly have the greatest knowledge or experience in C++).  Any help anyone could provide from looking at my code would be greatly appreciated.

If this doesn't really belong in this forum, please let me know.
Pages:
Jump to: