Pages:
Author

Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.. - page 33. (Read 37281 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?
Currently I see many MoneyToken bounty participants angry because MoneyToken at first said that Bounty participants dont have to do KYC, but everything had changed after the end of bounty campaign.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
If you have a little experience, the chances increase, because only through the experience you have got a wonderful opportunity to do something. Otherwise, nothing happens. You will simply lose all your money if you invest in a scam.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
It is not difficult to find a scam, it is enough to conduct a scam analysis. It includes analysis of white paper, search for similar texts, site analysis and team analysis.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
It is very difficult like you said since the scam project may be well planned with interesting and convincing whitepaper. I personally think the team should be a major criteria to predict whether a project is a scam or not.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It is almost impossible to do. Because they are well disguised. Even the most experienced can easily get caught in the Scam.
Activity: 168
Its very hard as some trusted bounty manager too do fall for this  just because most of them dont do much screening before accepting the project just because of the money they want to make...
Activity: 77
I believe you can avoid some scam bounty and the best way to avoid some scam bounty is to join bounties been manager by some good managers, there are many good bounty managers in the forum so join their bounty and you will avoid scam.
Activity: 24
Users from time to time don't get awarded the tokens or these are not much but that's crypto world and they might capture more in another occasion.
Activity: 336
That's true, Ive heard also that one of my friend, they do signature campaign for almost 2 months  and they don't get paid anything some of my friend also its been a year and they didn't receive payments from their signature campaign. its really hard to hard to detect if they're good bounty or not. Because in first theyre good project and then in the middle of their project its just got scammed away and we do give our time to do our task and we didn't get paid.
Activity: 98
It's hard to find out that a certain bounty campaign is a scam. Even the most popular bounty campaign that seems very legit but later on you'll find out that it's a scam. I experienced that once. I was in that campaign for almost 2 months then suddenly I found out that they are no longer active and devs cannot be contacted anymore. That's how it is. We just let it pass and move on.
Yes, I fully agree with you. I've been in the company for a month, but I do not have any doubts about my company's unreliability. The most important thing in my opinion is the table which should be updated every week and more telegrams to contact the site administrator. And do you think, if not secret.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
To choose a bounty campaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0
Your tips are correct, but confusing is one-why can not we join campaigns with bonuses run by Amazix managers? In the end, they have many successful projects, which they lead.
Activity: 280
Yes. It is true. Sometimes you cant say it is a scam even after a few weeks of doing bounty. Even after it ended. What I do is, check the background of the team handling the bounty.  And ask around. Like a common friend or be part of a community that do bounties too. It helps a lot to detect what is a scam and what is not.
Activity: 336
I used to experience this, after experiencing bounty scam for a few times, now I always do the first before before joining any bounty.
Activity: 224
There are many bounties campaign and sometimes they do not give us rewards. It's not an easy thing to detect scams, scammer today are smart and they learn too. They will do their best to scam others. Many scammers are well educated people.
Well I agree to find difficult proofs of honesty of ICO, but nevertheless it is possible. It is necessary to read not one rating website and will get acquainted with the idea of the company and already further to make the decision to participate in her or not. Most I can only anticipate it by looking at the first website, then see the activity of the community in the telegram, and the last I always follow the bounty that if already have many participants.
Activity: 58
There are bounty campaigns that are obvious scam because of their websites and presentations. Because if you analyze their websites and whitepaper and all of its presentations, you can see it's not presentable. But there are campaigns that looks promising and will end up scam too. So I guess, let's all pray that we do not encounter such that. But its unavoidable.
Activity: 156
It is hard to detect scam bounties but that does not mean that it is impossible to do so. The one thing that I have found that scam bounties have in common is that you can never find the people behind the project and when there is faces behind the project when you check with these people there is no evidence that they are even working with such a project
Activity: 280
I also experienced the same thing, most I can only anticipate it by looking at the first website, then see the activity of the community in the telegram, and the last I always follow the bounty that if already have many participants.
Activity: 135
It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

Bounty scam is usually not from the dev party and also the admin of the ico is not willing to pay bounty participants, but usually scam a bounty due to a number of technical things such as not the number of coin ico they are sold so they can not pay bounty participants.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
indeed for now it is very difficult to determine the project is really real or just a scam because now they have a website design, whitepaper is perfect for that we must be careful and to avoid it we join a bounty manager who already has a big name
The question a lot of people should be asking themselves is how experienced investors select where they want to invest. It is as simple as checking for the team to see if they can actually deliver, taking time to do some diligence on the project without wasting so much time on it, see if there is actually a product and how it can work in real life. With these things in check, there is no way anyone can be a victim of a scammed bounty.

Even experienced investors also may get slipped down but that must be an exceptional case as no one could be right all the times and for all 100% hence we need to be careful in another way. That another way must be diversification. Yes, we must invest at least two or more ICOs in order to suppress the potential risks. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Thats correct., nowadays its really hard to detect the scam projects, at first its looking good after all, its gone, been a victim of this type of bounty even a multiple times and my efforts were not paid off., its really really hurting me, just like savedroid for example, been promoting this project since the start of the campaign, just to find out after the promotion, that the project is not working, i mean you know, look at the status now of this project, seems like they are not working anymore for their customers.
Pages:
Jump to: