Pages:
Author

Topic: It is just a matter of time - page 2. (Read 3769 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 281
June 16, 2014, 03:06:37 AM
It might get back to 600$ , but that could take another year or two.

Just cracked $600. Wasn't even 24hrs.

This is really funny  Smiley
Seems we are in a consolidation period and the value will go up soon.
Yup Fonzie is an absolute idiot.  I would not even use his opinion on how to spend monopoly money
Buo
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 16, 2014, 03:01:06 AM

This is really funny  Smiley
Seems we are in a consolidation period and the value will go up soon.
Activity: 84
June 16, 2014, 02:40:38 AM
Inflation is not a valid argument to support taking a high risk on a speculative asset. There are plenty of other assets to invest in to beat inflation such as real estate, inflation bonds, and stocks.

That's a nice list of risk free non speculative assets you got there.

Real estate is heavily taxed and risky since you often end up buying @ 10-20% more of the market price, it's illiquid and very costly to maintain

Inflation bonds don't protect against real inflation because they follow government numbers

Stocks can deliver well

The only true defense against inflation is gold/silver. And bitcoin if it goes mainstream one day.

All other assets are investment and currently in a bubble. I would not buy them now.

Why do you rule out natural ressources, other precious metals, google, altcoins, land, art, wine, swiss franc, high dividend stocks?

you are right. These are good. Except for google/ high dividend stocks. Don t bet on something tied to the economy right now.

I really like land and art.

But my point was, that the only true defense against inflation has always been gold/silver. Bitcoin ( and altcoins obv ) could become another once they would be mainstream.

Quote from: joshraban76
I'm sorry, but I'm against "bitcoin if it goes mainstream" sentence.

It will go mainstream, we are not in a race or in a hurry.

You mixed very speculating asset and protection against inflation.

Currently, bitcoin is just at the beginning of the S curve (adoption of new technology). You can t compare it to gold. So many things could happen that will rule it out of the world right now. That s why it is a very high speculative asset.
I have a lot of bitcoins and i m bull, but better stay rational than fanatics.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
June 16, 2014, 02:07:40 AM

thanks for bringing that gems of stupidity out from under ignore cover Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
June 16, 2014, 01:15:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
June 16, 2014, 12:49:29 AM
2) It becomes a mainstream form of payment.

Can only become if people start receiving their salaries in BTC. Otherwise, they are too lazy and ignorant to convert, I mean average sheeple Joe.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
June 15, 2014, 09:19:01 PM
"keep calm and hodl", I like that philosophy.  Real words to live by if you ask me.  That should be the mantra for all the panicky folks.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
June 15, 2014, 09:03:16 PM
Wall street has already gotten into btc they have just been relatively quiet about it. Look at Second Market. When they get more involved, it's not like you can expect an announcement, they just little by little keep dumping money into the market..
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
June 15, 2014, 02:48:43 PM
Hope the community does kill Bitcoin before we will reach that level.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018
June 15, 2014, 01:50:30 PM
Inflation is not a valid argument to support taking a high risk on a speculative asset. There are plenty of other assets to invest in to beat inflation such as real estate, inflation bonds, and stocks.

Real estate is heavily taxed and risky since you often end up buying @ 10-20% more of the market price, it's illiquid and very costly to maintain

Inflation bonds don't protect against real inflation because they follow government numbers

Stocks can deliver well

The only true defense against inflation is gold/silver. And bitcoin if it goes mainstream one day.

All other assets are investment and currently in a bubble. I would not buy them now.

Why do you rule out natural ressources, other precious metals, google, altcoins, land, art, wine, swiss franc, high dividend stocks?
Activity: 252
June 15, 2014, 01:50:26 PM

Stocks can deliver well

I'm sorry, but I'm against "bitcoin if it goes mainstream" sentence.

It will go mainstream, we are not in a race or in a hurry.
Activity: 84
June 15, 2014, 01:45:37 PM

Stocks can deliver well

Activity: 252
June 15, 2014, 01:19:37 PM
At last !!

This is what I'm saying from ages.

Just give time some time and bitcoin will go viral.

It's a step by step and we are going in the right direction.

It's not HYPE that will die soon. This is an business system.
legendary
June 15, 2014, 01:11:28 PM

Stocks can deliver well
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2014, 12:32:30 PM

legendary
June 15, 2014, 09:35:10 AM

If inflation gets totally out of control to the public eye you can argue that Bitcoin, a digital currency that cannot be inflated by the State will benefit from it more than the other assets

If we go sub 500 this will be the first time ever that there was a bull trap of this magnitude, involving a crossing of major 3D/1W indicators occured, the bull market was denied, and the bear market was re-entered. It will truly be a first time experience for all bitcoiners and there will be nothing in bitcoin's past you could compare it to and comfort us with.

Indeed but maybe it would be a short bear trap and we will go back quickly to 700 then higher
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 15, 2014, 09:08:16 AM
It has been a tough year for us Bulls.

But the reality of the situation is that bitcoin fundamentals have improved massively this year and its just a matter of time before:
1) Wall Street gets in bitcoin
2) It becomes a mainstream form of payment.

Look at the charts and you will will see that bitcoin's price is characterized by bubbles.  We can't say when the next one will be, only that sooner or later another bubble will happen; it may be 1 month from now or 1 year or 10 years. But one day another huge rally will happen.

Until then, keep calm and hodl Smiley

Dear Blatchcorn.

I am writing to you to enquire whether you are the fuck aware or not, that being a Bitcoin bear, or bull, is a stance that one should take according to market action, or whether you actually believe being a Bitcoin bull or bear, was akin to supporting your local football team?

Do you sir, view your Bitcoin market stance as a form of patriotism?

Do you understand that it is perfectly acceptable and indeed desirable, to switch allegiances over to the winning team in this particular battle?

Yours sincerely

MatTheCat.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
June 15, 2014, 08:58:49 AM
Go sell your bitcoin for them then  Tongue
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 15, 2014, 08:19:07 AM
Activity: 353
June 15, 2014, 07:57:22 AM
With trillions of dollars printed by the fFed, even more by PBOC,  negative interest rate by ECB,  time is on the bitcoin side.
Pages:
Jump to: