Pages:
Author

Topic: It make sense that why theymos was talking about the YouTube channel - page 2. (Read 498 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
I was playing with alexa ranking and thought to see the stats for BitcoinTalk. This is what I found.

Notice the graph is for last one year. The pick was from February - March and since then the graph started to drop. Till date it is standing on the lowest for the entire year.

It's obvious that the site started to get it's peak when bitcoin price was having it's ATH. However dropping the traffic could have two possible reasons.

1. The bitcoin price started to drop so visitors started to lose interest on bitcoinTalk

I doubt it though.

2. The new merit system introduced on Jan 24th.

I will kinda back this up.

Personally, I do not mind to kick out 100 (i.e) spammers to have 1 good forum member. If the traffic drop is for the 2nd reason then we should not worry about it.

Now, about the youTube channel - since theymos said...
...this might be a good way of attracting good new users...

If we check the traffic which are coming from social media then we will see the percentage is only 4.66% and YouTube is leading with 46.93%

In summary I think we need to improve the forum experience instead of worrying about forum traffic.

Thoughts?

PS: I was worried though when I spotted the alexa graph before having any deep thoughts.
Pages:
Jump to: