Pages:
Author

Topic: Its almost impossible to buy - page 2. (Read 301 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 1
April 24, 2020, 03:02:46 PM
Why not buy here in the forum, in a P2P mode?
Here you can find people buying and selling BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
There's a lot of honest people here in forum, you can check the reputation and a way to buy without need to KYC, you can use Paypal for example or another gateway, or even a Gift Card

But I'll be honest with you, do you think it's worth to do a lot of work, and have the risk with your country to buy a few dollars of BTC?
thanks for the advise .
and no its not really worth it . that's why people don't do it here . but its not illegal and if it's just small fees it's fine .
April 24, 2020, 02:56:22 PM
Where do the gift cards you can buy work? Are they Amazon.com cards for instance? I would've thought that would have to be the least painful option. I'd look on here first and deal with someone with track record. Paxful is US based so if they find out where you are you're going to have problems.
amazon gifts are us and uk . Thanks for the advise .
April 24, 2020, 02:50:19 PM
I believe you can try to buy peer to peer without KYC (Know your customer).

You can try localbitcoins.com , if you find someone.

alternatively, you can try to buy in this forum.
You can try in the board Currency Exchange. Maybe you can find someone from Iran there.

take a deep look in their trust profile, to see if the guy can be trusted or not.

Can't you really give your documents to some reliable exchange to buy bitcoin? Is it illegal to buy bitcoin in Iran?
Thanks for the advise I will try them . and as I said local exchanges only work in big amounts and I don't want to go through the whole process for something small (not sure if you get what Im saying sorry for the bad english) . no its not illegal to buy but there are some laws (and the whole idea is not to deal with anything that the government has its hand in it .) however mining recently became illegal
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
April 24, 2020, 02:35:43 PM
Why not buy here in the forum, in a P2P mode?
Here you can find people buying and selling BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
There's a lot of honest people here in forum, you can check the reputation and a way to buy without need to KYC, you can use Paypal for example or another gateway, or even a Gift Card

But I'll be honest with you, do you think it's worth to do a lot of work, and have the risk with your country to buy a few dollars of BTC?
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 24, 2020, 02:29:00 PM
Where do the gift cards you can buy work? Are they Amazon.com cards for instance? I would've thought that would have to be the least painful option. I'd look on here first and deal with someone with track record. Paxful is US based so if they find out where you are you're going to have problems.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
April 24, 2020, 02:19:27 PM
I believe you can try to buy peer to peer without KYC (Know your customer).

You can try localbitcoins.com , if you find someone.

alternatively, you can try to buy in this forum.
You can try in the board Currency Exchange. Maybe you can find someone from Iran there.

take a deep look in their trust profile, to see if the guy can be trusted or not.

Can't you really give your documents to some reliable exchange to buy bitcoin? Is it illegal to buy bitcoin in Iran?
April 24, 2020, 02:04:47 PM
Hello everyone
not sure if this is even the right place in the forum to ask this but anyway.
so I always had a fare bit amount of information about the whole of cryptocurrencies and whats what .
so recently out of having nothing else to do I tried to set up a wallet and buy a few amount of btc (like 20 or 30 bucks ) . its nothing serious and I don't really care about the business side of it . so I tried to buy and guess what you need ID . well I have to tell you I'm from Iran .
so yeah OFAC ban , sanctions , phone restrictions and etc .. you name it we have it.
and even local legal sellers are controlled by government and they also verify you and thats even worse . not to mention they only work in high fees .
although you can find individual dealers by digging in telegram and thats easy but they have high rates and no trust .
so after 2 days the only way I found was this : buying giftcards here is really easy amazon razer mint itunes visa master etc and its legal and there is no need for ID.
paxful also doesn't need id for less than 1500$ ( I need a temp phone number for verification but that's easy )and it seems there are a lot of people who trade for giftcards on paxful . after that I can transfer the coins to another wallet from paxful ( however I heard people had problems for verification even for that ) . this way you can get about 15$ from a 20$ redeem code and that rate is not good but it's doable.
wanted to know if anyone can think of another way or some trusted place like a telegram group or something where you can do this without a third party like paxful . THANKS
Pages:
Jump to: