Pages:
Author

Topic: It's impossible to invest in crowded ICOs - page 2. (Read 1467 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358
I agree. If you don't have big money in your pocket,
You should wait for obscure gems and need to go in earlier.
You should search more.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
The level playing field is gone for now and big money is being dumped into these ICO and so is the reason it is impossible to get into a promising ICO by an average individual and since there are no regulatory body over looking these things nothing can be done unless you wait for them to be listed in the exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
I recommend everyone to look at the BAT price evolution to learn what happens when an ICO gets obviously cornered by huge whales that have more than 50% of the total supply.

If it goes up and explodes in price, then it shows it's still a good idea to hold some even tho it's basically a scam, if you can profit it's not fully a scam anymore.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Consider Dcorp ipo. It is good idea and team, legit
legendary
isn't the tezos one unlimited? that makes it even more of ridiculous proposition than the other ones. this is all gonna come crashing down at some point. it won't be allowed to continue.

I don't know the conditions of the Tezos ICO yet, but granted, if the ICO is unlimited, it's absolute nonsense because it's going to create a massive pump and dump where people drop loads at the very beginning for an ideal price.

I believe the Bancor ICO was trying to propose some sort of solution for the ICO so it was posponed.

I think it's going to be impossible.

Now on the BAT ICO:

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/basic-attention-token/#charts

Price is at $0.16. What was the price at the ICO? Total supply is 1,5 billion, I don't see how this isn't going to crash unless it becomes a top 5 coin which I doubt.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
isn't the tezos one unlimited? that makes it even more of ridiculous proposition than the other ones. this is all gonna come crashing down at some point. it won't be allowed to continue.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Yeah, same happened with Boscoin where the small investors couldn't get their transactions through compared to the large investors who purchased a bulk of coins. The same thing repeats with other big ICOs too that complete their target within few hours. Even if you set a big gas limit, still they will manage to be faster than other individuals.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Large institutional investors are able to get orders in for stock IPOs before the general public,
and crypto is turning into the same thing.
Investors realized its easy to make money in the crypto sector and its getting harder for the small buyers to make money.
legendary
Look at the Mysterium and BAT ICOs: absolute mess. Only big whales were able to buy because they pump gas prices to make to impossible for the average guy to get any coins. Now they control most of the supply.

I wanted to try my luck in Bancor, Tezos and maybe another ones, seeing that a lot of ICOs have delivered good ROI, but I suspect it's going to be impossible and we the common folk is going to be doomed into waiting the token to hit the exchanges to buy any.
Pages:
Jump to: