Pages:
Author

Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL: Paypal/eBay ACCEPTING Bitcoin! - page 2. (Read 4254 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 13, 2014, 06:44:12 PM
Tittle is misleading, good news but misleading.

Yeah, we are not quite there, bitcoin should be fully integrated into ebay, there is really nothing preventing this except politic.
Bitcoin is perfect for ebay scammers.

Fixed that sentence.

Ebay is already full of scammers as it is.

If other measures are not put in place the adoption of btc will only make it easier.
I think you are probably right about people scamming on ebay with bitcoin. I think it would create incentives for people to try to buy/sell (or hack) accounts with a lot of trades and auction something off that is high value. Since it is generally difficult to tell the value of past trades it would be difficult to tell what is happening.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 13, 2014, 12:13:21 PM
Exactly, scams in ebay happen daily. Dont kill the messenger.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
September 13, 2014, 10:09:10 AM

Yeah, we are not quite there, bitcoin should be fully integrated into ebay, there is really nothing preventing this except politic.
Bitcoin is perfect for ebay scammers.

Fixed that sentence.

Ebay is already full of scammers as it is.

If other measures are not put in place the adoption of btc will only make it easier.
Activity: 7
September 13, 2014, 08:46:46 AM
This news was so huge and viral that now it's just old and the traders aren't affected by it anymore.

You know, I heard Tiger Direct was accepting bitcoins too but when I checked out the other day I did not see the option to pay with BTC. Could it be they just accept it so they can get the business of crypto miners and don't really want to in general?

If they are paying to exchange it immediately, that probably sucks the profit out of it. I never really realized how high the fees were at Coinbase until I purchased a significant amount. Must they butt rape us so?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
September 13, 2014, 07:32:24 AM
It will still pass lots of time that something will actually happen. There was only promises so far.

they need to rush it or they will lose the opportunity to earn lots of $.
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
September 12, 2014, 02:26:28 PM
that was possible before too, with a CC with BTC like Xapo.

there is just little demand for that. i guess, first when people find out that $500 for a BTC is like the highest possible price, they will start trading it and not hording and BTC is going to survive a little longer.
Activity: 350
'Slow and steady wins the race'
September 12, 2014, 12:54:33 PM

Bitcoin is perfect for ebay.
Actually bitcoin would make it very easy to scam on ebay. In order for the buyer to be sufficiently protected when buying on eBay the buyer needs to have the ability to dispute the sale within a certain amount of time if the product they buy does not arrive or is defective.

Also you can use whatever method of payment you want to and the seller agree to when you buy something.
This is true. The seller is able to accept any form of payment he wishes. He will likely not receive much interest in his auction if he only accepts a payment method that is difficult to use.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
September 12, 2014, 12:14:19 PM
It will still pass lots of time that something will actually happen. There was only promises so far.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 12, 2014, 11:40:58 AM
That was a huge news, bigger than the Dell / Overstock ones!
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
September 12, 2014, 09:15:45 AM
Paypal/eBay CEO made it official today that the company will start accepting bitcoins as payment! Another big victory for bitcoin. We should see a rally this week!

http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/ebays-paypal-accepting-bitcoins-via-coinbase.html

I really hope that this will happen soon.
Such thing will really impact value and popularity of bitcoin a lot.
Bitcoin is on the way to become mainstream Smiley
Activity: 991
September 11, 2014, 10:39:28 PM
Activity: 322
September 11, 2014, 10:03:28 PM
When this officially happens, i'll but champagne with BTC and celebrate as the trend towards ATH starts again.
Activity: 308
September 11, 2014, 09:58:19 PM

Actually bitcoin would make it very easy to scam on ebay. In order for the buyer to be sufficiently protected when buying on eBay the buyer needs to have the ability to dispute the sale within a certain amount of time if the product they buy does not arrive or is defective.

Also you can use whatever method of payment you want to and the seller agree to when you buy something.
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
September 11, 2014, 06:53:26 PM
This news was so huge and viral that now it's just old and the traders aren't affected by it anymore.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
September 11, 2014, 05:46:24 PM
so easy to spend bitcoin but hard to get them, how is that cool and nice? Price will just go down more
September 11, 2014, 04:27:24 PM
Great news, I told it also to my wife who doesn't know almost anything about bitcoins.
Activity: 336
www.DonateMedia.org
September 11, 2014, 03:06:54 PM
Niiiiiice Smiley
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 11, 2014, 03:03:52 PM
Yaaay.  That wasn't so hard was it?  Now we just need to blow this service up so other large business take notice and follow suit!  I"m going to have to take a step back and clear my mind to really process this bit of news.   Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
September 11, 2014, 11:58:28 AM

September 11, 2014, 11:57:00 AM
Pages:
Jump to: