Pages:
Author

Topic: It's ok if your profits are less - page 10. (Read 1963 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 135
July 08, 2020, 03:01:48 PM
I agree with you with everything you say and frankly it is very difficult for us to know the movement of the market and the price that the currencies will reach and there are many people who sold their currencies at a little high price and after the sale process the price rose more but I see that there is no problem with this matter so getting A little profit is better than not getting a profit at all, so there is no need to be sad if we sell our currencies for a few profits.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 605
July 08, 2020, 02:45:20 PM
Though my target was around 0.003 ETH I decided to sell all of it for 0.002 ETH per coin since I was assuming that the price will fall down again.
Actually once you start trading more seriously just place orders on a price you believe is the best price and if the price goes beyond the value just never mind it because you cannot determine what would be the peak value so you make a price in mind and just sell on that.

If I would have sold it today I would have got 3.2 ETH. So I basically got 1.2 ETH less than what I could have got.
But, at least you doubled your investment since it went from 0.001 ETH to 0.002 ETH and that should be okay it might go 0.01 ETH in coming time but that is just greed so in my opinion you made the right call.

As a day trader I often sell BTC at a particular price and then regret like I could have waited a little more but that is life and we can't get carried away by knowing the price in hindsight.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
July 08, 2020, 01:50:19 PM
I know this feeling very well. I usually trade very less in the form of crypto currency pairs but can tell you this from stocks exchange. In there I usually go for intraday trading where morning it’s time to buy and as noon surges I go for selling though it’s hard to have hiked prices in a day. But many times I end up selling at point where the price was not capped but it moves beyond it at the end. It feels so frustrating and one doesn’t get happy about the profits that earned but starts thinking about the profits that they might have gotten more. May be it’s our nature to have more and more.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
July 08, 2020, 01:34:21 PM
For me, it is okay to book small profits unless otherwise that small profit is enough to cover my exchange fee because the opportunities are getting in other cryptos are really unlimited; moreover I do not have time to bother about whether it is small or big profits as I will start looking for next trade once I book profits. I guess traders who trade based on technical analysis will not worry about small or big profits as their technical signal will indicate where to exit then traders need to react for that. So, no room for them to concern about small profits whenever they need to book.

Only when you trade based on your intuitions then you may bother about what will happen or if I wait more, will there be more profits or anything like that. I do not trade based on my emotions and inner thoughts hence I never need to have any hesitations on when to book and when to hold.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
July 08, 2020, 01:28:42 PM
I had been holding 1000 Eidoo coins since a few years and was wishing the price rise high so that I make a hefty profit out of it.
But I was feeling bad of the fact that despite holding it for a few years the price didn't rise much.
Lately the price went from 0.001 ETH to 0.002 ETH and I was happy that the price increased at least a little.
Though my target was around 0.003 ETH I decided to sell all of it for 0.002 ETH per coin since I was assuming that the price will fall down again.
I got the 2 ETH by selling all the coins and I saw the price today and it was 0.0032 ETH per coin.
If I would have sold it today I would have got 3.2 ETH. So I basically got 1.2 ETH less than what I could have got.

But this is what I want to highlight. Though I could have got more profit I am not sad since I got at least a little profit.
I know I would have been more happier if the price would have decreased after I sold but I am not sad that it instead increased.
So guys, it's ok if your profits are less. You are at least making profits while things could have gone the other way around.

I understand the angle you are coming from but it can't always be a desired exit point. One important factor is to take profit, be it @0.001 or at 0.002 or at 0.003 eth, profit were made, hence it cannot be termed less profits.

Instead we can say that we could have gotten much more profit, which doesn't work out that way for all tokens anyway
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
July 08, 2020, 11:23:27 AM
Profit is profit when it comes to trading, even if you did not have followed your plan you still have profited from it and this is what is important compared to you losing your money. Maybe the lesson for this is do not follow what you feel but follow what you have planned, the next time you buy and hold a crypto do not overthink about it but rather check about your plan and backup plan to see if the current chart is still a possibility if it's not then you should adjust your strategy, also do not listen to noise as it will always cloud your judgement.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
July 08, 2020, 11:05:42 AM
As you think, getting a little profit is more valuable and is the best decision, rather than having to wait a long time, we won't know what will happen later.
For anything, there are 50% chances. In my opinion as well, even it is little profits, it must be valuable compared to unable to selling or selling for losses for some emergency.
50% is a pretty big profit in my opinion. 20% -30% is also enough for a profit that is obtained in a not too long time.
circumstances where not being able to sell are related to many factors and that is to oneself with a psychological state that is not ready or otherwise. People who sell only for losses are people who waste money in vain even if it's in an emergency.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 586
July 08, 2020, 10:39:10 AM
Is this topic all about psychological aspects of traders? Because, our greed has no limit it will keep on looking for more and more regardless of how much you will be feeling to it. If you look for more profit than it should be possible as per the technical analysis and not as per our willingness/greediness. By greediness I'm not referring anything wrong but it is our another emotion which is the deciding factor whether we will be holding or we will be rushing to cash-out.

I just want to ask what is less profit and what is more profits?
If you do not have any measurement for this then you should go for in percentage calculation:

You may book profits in all your trade for example, at 5% profits then you should go for triggering stop-loss at same 5% losses. If you are having stronger technical analysis then you can set same things at 10%. This way you will never worry about less profits or anything similar to that.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
July 08, 2020, 10:30:17 AM
I had been holding 1000 Eidoo coins since a few years and was wishing the price rise high so that I make a hefty profit out of it.
But I was feeling bad of the fact that despite holding it for a few years the price didn't rise much.
Lately the price went from 0.001 ETH to 0.002 ETH and I was happy that the price increased at least a little.
I got the 2 ETH by selling all the coins and I saw the price today and it was 0.0032 ETH per coin.

But this is what I want to highlight. Though I could have got more profit I am not sad since I got at least a little profit.
I know I would have been more happier if the price would have decreased after I sold but I am not sad that it instead increased.
So guys, it's ok if your profits are less. You are at least making profits while things could have gone the other way around.
People consider less profits also as a loss at many instance but it is really a wrong perception towards profits making, we can make huge profits by making small profits many times so we need to have small profits margin for every kind of investment or if we have big margin then we need to keep holding no matter what is the current price until the market reaches your desired price.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 08, 2020, 10:26:34 AM
What are the backing reasons for your speculation of rising high? Or just a wish? If you expect all your dreams to come true then I am sorry, no market works in that way.

You must have worked on their future plans and developments along with how effective those will be in attracting new investors and from these you might have estimated some possible short term upper limit to exit. Please not all these are just estimation and anything might have after you exit or just around when you plan to exit. You must be lucky that you exited with profits. I hold many tokens which were delisted from exchanges before I decide to sell them.

Though I could have got more profit I am not sad since I got at least a little profit.
This is how our basic psychology works; we want prices to increase just after we bought and if we plan to buy then we expect prices to fall so that we could buy cheaper. Please do not let your emotions dominate you. Just enjoy your profits and make sure you again invest your profits into some other highly potential thing so that you keep multiplying your capital which is meant for trading.

As you think, getting a little profit is more valuable and is the best decision, rather than having to wait a long time, we won't know what will happen later.
For anything, there are 50% chances. In my opinion as well, even it is little profits, it must be valuable compared to unable to selling or selling for losses for some emergency.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures
July 08, 2020, 10:17:36 AM
Edioo is a wallet and exchange project that is quite successful and has been registered in binance which is now upgraded to pNetwork Token (PNT).

I joined this Eidoo project from the very beginning they launched the Eidoo Bounty on this forum. I got a number of tokens from an article that I made.
The current price of this Eidoo listing on the exchange is around $ 2 and reached the highest price of $ 7.21 in January 2018. I really enjoyed the benefits provided by this Eidoo token.

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
July 08, 2020, 08:52:25 AM
I think you just played it safely, and that is just good.

I know that you could earn more if you waited but you will never predict that, right? No one knows how will the price moves so you just grab what you can do and work with what you have. Still, that is a nice message though.

The other thread talks about how people run away from this investment but with this kind of posts, you will also be motivated to be patient, that is just the thing people needed to stay here since it will bear fruit in the near future.

Sometimes, we really need to do these kind of actions to minimize our losses and become secured with our profit. Don't push yourself to the limit because there are opportunities that will become wasted once you insist to do that even if you know that there is a risks in trading.

If you keep on doing that, you will practice what we called good decision making, but still practice also your technical analysis so that you do what you need to do in trading.

It is really not that easy at first to earn a huge profit, especially that the price is not on the trend. But in terms of investments, you should really always do the risk management or minimizing the risks. I know that all of us are struggling in trading, but we should be really happy on what we have earned either profit or a lesson in trading.
Activity: 504
Merit: 33
July 08, 2020, 08:10:46 AM
At the end of the day no matter how much the amount of profit is it's profit and most of the time it's better to start taking profit early, you are a trader after all and you should not have the same mindset as investor who waits more for more gains, it's all about the greed most of the time and if you let it, it will make decisions for you and you're not going to like the results that you get from that way of trading because you are going to lose many good 2-5% gains hoping for 20-30% profit to come while if you had just a bit patience with a couple of little profits you could get to that 20-30% with taking less risks.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
July 08, 2020, 07:55:52 AM
This is the same scenario I got before in holding some altcoins and waiting for it to accumulate good profit. At some point, my assets hit a dire price and that time I thought it will not recover from its price so I hold it waiting for a miracle to happen then one day I was alerted because it's price goes 40x from its all-time low price and I profited around 2x from my buying price. The thing is the pump continues and it reached its all-time high. Unlike you, I have a mixed emotion of disappointment, Happyness, Sadness, and regrets into myself that I rushed selling that hopeless asset. But in the end, I can't do anything to revert it so I choose to be happy and take the profit I got from it. Thinking of myself to be lucky enough that I did make some profit of that asset.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
July 08, 2020, 07:41:21 AM
...So guys, it's ok if your profits are less. You are at least making profits while things could have gone the other way around.

One successful trader explained his profit in trading by always closing orders early. Today you got a profit and should be happy about it. After all, everything could have turned out differently, and today the price could decrease and you could get a loss from such a transaction.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
July 08, 2020, 07:35:34 AM

The lesson here in terms of doing trade is once you get at least 1 to 5% earnings, I could say it's good to be consider.
Compare of not earnings for every trade you made. For me 1% profit daily is enough at least I have 30% profit monthly were it is
not bad at all.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
July 08, 2020, 07:32:00 AM

Ever regret that you didn't sell it while the price was a bit higher?
If you did you could have bought more than 1000 back for your bag. That 1000 EDO could have been worth more than $6K back 2017.

Its okay to have less profit than having a loss but to have wasted years for it may not be worth. Anyway, if you have waited this long then maybe you are also willing to wait for a little longer to see it fly up again if you believe there will still be bullrun one day.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
July 08, 2020, 07:16:30 AM
I know that $50 profit after years of waiting is really not worth it but that is good for now than nothing. Besides, you'll be lucky enough to get in the time of selling because anytime it can be changed by then. This is what it simply means about holding, you can't expect its price to rise and that makes you also think of making a hefty profit later.

I'm glad to see that you are not a greedy person to always think more and there is contentment inside. Most holders think differently as what you have done, most of them are thinking much and really optimistic but the situation is not really good at this time especially for altcoins. That is why we have to make a safe exit than nothing left at our hands.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
July 08, 2020, 07:06:45 AM

They call it "Small progress is still a progress."

No matter how big or small your profit is but still it is a "profit". It doesn't mean that if you get a small profit, you are not an effective trader. Sometimes we need to understand things that trading is not always a win win, we need to learn how to accept and be happy on that amount of profit that we earned.

Just work hard and do more efforts in order to you to gain much larger profit the next time you trade. Also, be more wise and intelligent in making your decisions and grab the opportunities if you think that it will benefit your investments.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
July 08, 2020, 06:53:25 AM
Much better than nothing at all. We just start practicing ourselves to be grateful on whatever profits we achieved. Even if it’s just $1.00 or below, it’s still profits.

However, if we lose on a trade, there’s still something that we can be thankful for. If we lose on something, we learn from the experience and gives us the opportunity to get better in our decisions when trading cryptocurrencies.

This is what I’ve been telling myself no matter if we profit or lose in cryptocurrency trading. Just be grateful.
Pages:
Jump to: