Pages:
Author

Topic: It's time for a Bitcoin sign in sign language - page 2. (Read 3406 times)

legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
It has to be practical, easy to do since people will possibly using it throughout most of their day.

Think "Bit" and "Coin"

I almost like the sign that the Room service guy does for a Tip in Home Alone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae2oNrFz2J0

That actually is the sign language sign for money. But I saw that in the US it's different. Sign language has different dialects depending on the geographic location. But I think the sign you are referring to (and the one from video 2) is recognized around the world.

Or a way to use bitcoins if you are blind, maybe a talking wallet?

That would actually be great, also because that would probably mean that bitcoin adoption has become widespread (until then those kind of specific utilities will not become available/profitable).

I didn't see that your second video included that same sign for money. I like your two ideas, but they're kind of hard to do at first. Do you know what the sign for "Bit" is as in "Computer Bit"?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
It has to be practical, easy to do since people will possibly using it throughout most of their day.

Think "Bit" and "Coin"

That actually is the sign language sign for money. But I saw that in the US it's different. Sign language has different dialects depending on the geographic location. But I think the sign you are referring to (and the one from video 2) is recognized around the world.

Or a way to use bitcoins if you are blind, maybe a talking wallet?

That would actually be great, also because that would probably mean that bitcoin adoption has become widespread (until then those kind of specific utilities will not become available/profitable).
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
Or a way to use bitcoins if you are blind, maybe a talking wallet? That hopefully does not become self-aware/SKYNET
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

Think "Bit" and "Coin"

staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
Combination 'B' and 'live long and prosper'.

I can't do it!  My friggin hands are strange.
g83
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
Or the sign for bank followed by fuck off!  Grin

Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
Or the sign for bank followed by fuck off!  Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

+1
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Yesterday my girlfriend was practicing here sign language. She asked me if there was a sign for Bitcoin. As far as I can tell, there is no sign yet. As part of worlwide adoption of Bictoin, let's decide on a sign for Bitcoin in sign language!

We have two candidates:

The first starts with the sign for the letter 'B', then two vertical bars are drawn. These two signs together resemble the Bitcoin logo.
Video 1

The second sign also starts with the letter 'B', then the sign for money is made.
Video 2

What do you think should become the universal sign for Bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: