Pages:
Author

Topic: JadeBitcoinGadget - Windows Gadget for slush and deepbit - page 2. (Read 13771 times)

Activity: 282
Merit: 250
Will donate for BTCguild Support :-)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Source code?

Yes.. can we please have the sauce?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\JadeBitcoinGadget.gadget

that's where it is on windows7...
Well I didnt mean the location, I meant code... however!

I didn't even realize gadgets are easily readable. Derp on my part. Should have checked first.

Some are, but I am not so sure about the C# gadgets.  There may be associated assemblies with them.  There is a gadget [a quite nice one actually] for BTCMine that was written in C#.  Not being a gadget developer myself [although maybe I will give it a try since it is starting to look interesting], I cannot say the specifics for the sandbox (probably not quite a jail) environment that gadgets run in (if any which I think may be the case).  You have to trust the source of a gadget or take your chances.  This one however appears just fine Smiley

I would LOVE to see BTC Guild support as well.  I have been using BTC Guild and Deepbit most lately after BTCMine started having problems [and I likely won't use them anymore ... you can read why if you are curious].  However, like all pools, they are both having trouble right now, most likely to do with growth.  Slush has had similar growing pains in the past, but surprisingly is running a very stable pool right now.  So, depending on pool status, and personal preference at the time [i.e. pool size related to others and features], I may be using any one of these three pools.  It would be wonderful to have these thee pools represented well in one gadget.   The only alternative that I have seen doesn't really care much about any pool but deepbit and the useful stats from the other pools [i.e. worker stats] are missing. 
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?

Nevermind, I solved it like so:

Code:
var random = Math.floor(Math.random()*1111111111)
$.getJSON('https://mtgox.com/code/data/ticker.php?random='+random, function(json) {

EDIT:  And i see you also solved it in the latest version now.... i imagine by doing something similar Smiley  Stupid MS caching behavior...

Thanks for posting that fix
Now if I could only add the current duration time of slushes pool it would be perfict
Activity: 210
Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?

Nevermind, I solved it like so:

Code:
var random = Math.floor(Math.random()*1111111111)
$.getJSON('https://mtgox.com/code/data/ticker.php?random='+random, function(json) {

EDIT:  And i see you also solved it in the latest version now.... i imagine by doing something similar Smiley  Stupid MS caching behavior...
Activity: 210
Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hi,

Cool idea, but I uninstalled it. 

#1)  Pointless to not show all workers on 1 page.  If I need to click through all the pages to see the status of my workers, I might as well go directly to deepbit.  Could also be some sort of sort option, deadminers on top.

#2)  The amount of cash/hashrate kept doubling randomly.  I don't mind having TWICE the cash but was getting annoying Tongue

Activity: 19

Hey there Jade,

The names is currently listed with only "." in the name being between the account name and the worker name that slush's pool adds to create a full worker name. For example, my account name is Litt and worker name is A1, then my full worker shows in the account page so it looks like Litt.A1 There are no underscore or anything else involved in the name. I list all my workers according to the miner machine in alphabet then GPU in # so that when I go click on add new worker, I would only add A1, A2, and so on with a password. I hope this clears it up.

When I open the widget on the worker tab, I currently only have 5 pages. First 4 with full 5 on each page then the last 5th page with only 4 workers for the total of 24. They only show the worker part of the name such as A1, A2.. and list only the ones on the page one of the worker list on my account page on Slush's pool.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Thanks for your continued efforts. The widget is already quite awesome and I'm sure everyone from all the pools will want some support soon  Smiley

Hi Litt,

the "only show the worker part of name" thing is intented, but i cann put on the list to make it configurable.
The 24 worker things seems to be related to the way the data is delivered by the pool page. I only tested it
with local dummy workers, i think i have simply never seen what you have on your account page till now.
I am quite sure, that there is a nice solution. But for today, nothing will happen in terms of "coding".

Today is my birthday and i will try to get some sunbeams on my face Smiley

So please have a heart and wait a day.

Cheers,
Jade
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

On worker tab, when you have more than 24 workers then the second page of workers that isn't showing on the main page they will not show up on your widget's worker list.  Searching for the workers not on page 1 does not yield any results either.

Hi Litt,
can you please link some screenshots that visualize the problem? 
I added round about 100 Workers and it was fine with me. Do your worker
names contain more than one underscore or point?

Thanks for the info.
Jade

Hey there Jade,

The names is currently listed with only "." in the name being between the account name and the worker name that slush's pool adds to create a full worker name. For example, my account name is Litt and worker name is A1, then my full worker shows in the account page so it looks like Litt.A1 There are no underscore or anything else involved in the name. I list all my workers according to the miner machine in alphabet then GPU in # so that when I go click on add new worker, I would only add A1, A2, and so on with a password. I hope this clears it up.

When I open the widget on the worker tab, I currently only have 5 pages. First 4 with full 5 on each page then the last 5th page with only 4 workers for the total of 24. They only show the worker part of the name such as A1, A2.. and list only the ones on the page one of the worker list on my account page on Slush's pool.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Thanks for your continued efforts. The widget is already quite awesome and I'm sure everyone from all the pools will want some support soon  Smiley

qed
Activity: 196
Very nice gadget, would be nice to have BTC Guild support in it.

Here is the % of users (hash rates actually) coming from each pool. http://www.bitcoinwatch.com/
Sometimes it's showing as "other" pools when it fails the detection, as for example now -_-
Can you mod this to support Bitcoin.lc pool?

Afaik does Bitcoin.lc not provide an API for such stuff.
Start convincing those guys of changing that... maybe they simply forgot to "switch it on"?
Smiley
Jade
Activity: 53
Signed for a smaller version.
Show only mtgox $/btc, total hashrate and worker status.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Can you mod this to support Bitcoin.lc pool?
Activity: 34
would you share your version pls?
I prefer to not fork Jade's project. I'll do it, only if Jade not. Let's your request be an another vote for minimalistic UI. Jade, can you create more practical version? Small icons and width max. 250px.

On worker tab, when you have more than 24 workers then the second page of workers that isn't showing on the main page they will not show up on your widget's worker list.  Searching for the workers not on page 1 does not yield any results either.

Hi Litt,
can you please link some screenshots that visualize the problem? 
I added round about 100 Workers and it was fine with me. Do your worker
names contain more than one underscore or point?

Thanks for the info.
Jade
How often does the gadget (GET) / (REFRESH) your balance/stats?

Currently the data is updated every 30 seconds.
Slush caches the API result for 30 seconds if i remember correctly,
it would not make sense to do it more often.

Smiley
Jade
Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!
How often does the gadget (GET) / (REFRESH) your balance/stats?
How do we know that software like this doesn't grab your wallet and upload it off your PC?

It's simple. Look through the source yourself or trust the others ones who did Smiley
Windows Gadgets are zipped plain code.

Greetings,
Jade
Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!
love the gadget good work!
Hi there and thx for your wonderful widget. It's so far the most promising and the worker list seems very clean and intuitive if they work without minor bugs. I have a problem to reports using your latest 0.1.3. worker list.

On worker tab, when you have more than 24 workers then the second page of workers that isn't showing on the main page they will not show up on your widget's worker list.  Searching for the workers not on page 1 does not yield any results either. Hope this is an easy fix because all widget that came previously failed miserably at showing all worker stats in one easy place, but your design shows a lot of promise for a great solution.

Thanks again for your awesome widget.

EDIT: Forgot to add that this was for Slush's pool. I didn't rememer you added support for deepbit so wanted to make clear.

Hi Litt,
thanks for the flowsers Smiley
I will have a look at this bug. Man, what are you guys doing? 24+ workers? Wow!
Hard not to get jealous Smiley

Cheers,
Jade
Activity: 21
How do we know that software like this doesn't grab your wallet and upload it off your PC?
Pages:
Jump to: