Pages:
Author

Topic: James Turk: You don't invest in gold, gold is money - page 2. (Read 277 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Gold has been considered to be money for millenniums. This doesn't seem to be changing in the foreseeable future, in my honest opinion. Therefore, I definitely don't disagree with the statement that gold is money, however in the current time it is definitely still a valid investment. It only depends on your definition of what an "investment" is, really.

But gold definitely hasn't really rallied for a long time, and seems to be consolidating and moving sideways exclusively recently.

It could definitely be a good time to buy some, but just like any asset, be prepared to hold it for the long run. Gold is probably more of a store of value for the long term, than a short term speculative investment.

Gold was considered as money in the past,but how about now?
If gold is really "money",can you buy food or pay the bills with a piece of gold? Grin
No,you can`t,because:
1.You will need a very little amount.
2.I don't think that any merchant will accept it as a payment.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
Hehe,this is hilarious maybe this man is unaware of change.Gold era as money became over when one of the former US presidents took gold off fiat money.Fiat money is no more backed by gold so how can gold be money now.Gold has lost its value now.The new era is here where gold will soon not be cherished as precious compared to some centuries ago.Now money is actually cryptocurrency.The best advice he should give any person who is concerned about the future is to invest in cryptocurrency.Gold to me now is just a precious ornament or better still metal not money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
Gold is preserve of wealth. After 100 years of industrial revolution, Gold has seen and survived many wars, economic crashes, 9/11 terrorist attacks, economic booms, technology revolutions and more..

Gold is universal accepted investment and most liquid (convertible to cash) asset. I was able to sell 100% pure 3 ounces Silver coin without a receipt. In fact I have also sold 2 ounces of gold without purchase receipt. That is the trust bullion dealers have in 100% pure gold and silver.

I have previously sold over £50k in gold at a bullion dealer with no paper work.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Gold has been considered to be money for millenniums. This doesn't seem to be changing in the foreseeable future, in my honest opinion. Therefore, I definitely don't disagree with the statement that gold is money, however in the current time it is definitely still a valid investment. It only depends on your definition of what an "investment" is, really.

But gold definitely hasn't really rallied for a long time, and seems to be consolidating and moving sideways exclusively recently.

It could definitely be a good time to buy some, but just like any asset, be prepared to hold it for the long run. Gold is probably more of a store of value for the long term, than a short term speculative investment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Thanks for sharing an interesting video. I haven't known about this expert but I agree with him in most aspects. I like his statement where he states that gold is money and I think that it is a reasonable opinion
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

James Turk, globally recognized expert on precious metals, joins Kuzman Iliev and Vladimir Sirkarov in the Boom and Bust show on Bloomberg TV Bulgaria to discuss a wide range of investment topics - monetary policy, the new reality of negative nominal yields, investment strategies for wealth preservation, what to consider when investing in gold and how to prepare for turbulent times.

Click here to watch this video and to read more:

https://jamesturkblog.blogspot.com/2018/05/james-turk-you-dont-invest-in-gold-gold.html

Pages:
Jump to: