Pages:
Author

Topic: Jamie Dimon bashes Bitcoin again - page 2. (Read 1372 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 103
September 22, 2017, 04:20:39 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/bitcoin-jpmorgans-jamie-dimon-lays-into-bitcoin-again.html

This time he says it is "worth nothing" because it was made out of thin air.  He also talks about the importance of government backing in a currency and says again that Bitcoin will "end badly".  And adds that more governments will move to shut it down.

I wish a reporter would ask him about the discovery that JPM was trading Bitcoin after he said he'd fire everyone he caught trading Bitcoin.
I've read this news too. This guy must be afraid of bitcoin's total success. He must be protecting a personal interest that endangers with bitcoin's victory.
Activity: 840
Merit: 504
September 22, 2017, 04:15:41 PM
And time to retire, bad mouthing Bitcoin while JPM buys Bitcoin on the dip is market manipulation! You guys better, Do not listen to this person. I'm already started ignore this shit.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
September 22, 2017, 04:14:04 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/bitcoin-jpmorgans-jamie-dimon-lays-into-bitcoin-again.html

This time he says it is "worth nothing" because it was made out of thin air.  He also talks about the importance of government backing in a currency and says again that Bitcoin will "end badly".  And adds that more governments will move to shut it down.

I wish a reporter would ask him about the discovery that JPM was trading Bitcoin after he said he'd fire everyone he caught trading Bitcoin.

This man again spitting this, I guess this is a form of coordinated attack against bitcoin but unfortunately for them, it wont stand and I guess we gave him the relevance because the last crash was credited to him which gave him the honor that his opinion really mattered in the scheme of things and with that, he saw it as an opportunity to launch further attack against bitcoin.

Earlier in the day, I read about a case filed against him and I now wish that should just go through and make him as a bad example to those who choose to run their mouth badly and now he is not only speaking for himself, but equally for governments.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 22, 2017, 03:39:42 PM
I have said it before and will say this again, you need to read things between the lines. They are not billionaires by miracles; they are there by brains, so they don’t put time into stupid comments unless it’s worth something.

It doesn’t matter what he said, there is always a different purpose for these things which not many are able to read.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
September 22, 2017, 02:09:06 PM
Well he could be right about governments. They definitely like to keep their money close, and want to know where it comes from and where it goes, and bitcoin causes a very big problem for them, so if it gets to big they will act. The thing is, unless you live in a very strict country, I don't think they will say it is illegal. But take a look to Venezuela, where mining is not even illegal, and they are still chased by the police.
So for me, most countries will find other ways to collect taxes from it. Japan is doing a fine job in using bitcoins, so maybe the majority of the world will be able to act like them.

Maybe they will follow Japan, but not at the moment. Think that most wait to see how will it be with them, after all they are first to fully adopt bitcoin in every day payment.
BUt tricky part will be government in all possible way, yes, they like to keep money close but we are in technological era and almost everything is send online, maybe they are considering and trying to create some alternate or some government blockchian, have someone consider this as option.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
September 22, 2017, 01:55:31 PM
Well he could be right about governments. They definitely like to keep their money close, and want to know where it comes from and where it goes, and bitcoin causes a very big problem for them, so if it gets to big they will act. The thing is, unless you live in a very strict country, I don't think they will say it is illegal. But take a look to Venezuela, where mining is not even illegal, and they are still chased by the police.
So for me, most countries will find other ways to collect taxes from it. Japan is doing a fine job in using bitcoins, so maybe the majority of the world will be able to act like them.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 22, 2017, 01:41:30 PM
Maybe banks start to loose clients and they feel endangered because of cryptocurrencies.
no mate its another strategy to invest silently inside crypto while they are holding peoples money they will place it inside crypto and safely
earned while the market of crypto is shaken bankers are just playing around and take advantage of it, that's how wise businessman thinks
so better to think before we react.

You have understood about it better because the this is the strategy business people for and try to hold the economical shares of the any project. He bought million worth of bitcoin and bashes the same means it is not good at all. Just fuck out these kind of the people.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
September 22, 2017, 01:33:15 PM
I wonder if he realizes the words coming out of his month are negatively affecting his own employees as well as JP Morgans customers? The first house in the usa was purchased with bitcoin.  The customer, agent, and title company said it was the easiest closing they ever did 10 minutes and money was available.  it was in Texas if u want to check me.  so he is very scared.  The banks would normally be right in the middle.  Jamie should be figuring out a way to embrace it not try to bully over it.  People are tired of being bullied by these greedy people.  This is perfect time to get in if u have been on the fence. 

Yes, I saw the story about the house being purchased with bitcoin a couple of days ago -- this was an important milestone. The story is here for those who want to check it:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/first-bitcoin-only-real-estate-transaction-completed-in-texas

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-20/somebody-just-bought-house-bitcoin

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
September 22, 2017, 01:28:30 PM
Maybe banks start to loose clients and they feel endangered because of cryptocurrencies.
no mate its another strategy to invest silently inside crypto while they are holding peoples money they will place it inside crypto and safely
earned while the market of crypto is shaken bankers are just playing around and take advantage of it, that's how wise businessman thinks
so better to think before we react.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
September 22, 2017, 01:25:53 PM
Who the hell is he? I don't know him but ugh, i already dislike him.
Same reaction! Who the frog is that Foucard?! 'Scuse my french.

Now he catched himself some Market Abuse Report filed against the very Mr. Dimon, from a company labelled "Blockwater" and that's ingenious. I am a sucker for branding. Sounding similar to that private military company run by former SEALs. Let us hope they are on occasion equally short tempered.

Unfortunately, he's regarded in the financial world as somewhat of a hero.  He's the CEO of JP Morgan Chase, a huge US bank, but is best known for standing up to congress during the "bailout" hearings of 2009ish when congress was frothing at the mouth to find a villian at the banks to pin that on.  But he's not a clean player, either, JPM has been fined for their actions in the financial crisis.  But, unfortunately, his status makes people listen to him.  He's pretty influential. 
Activity: 296
September 22, 2017, 01:13:32 PM
How can Jamie Dimon say that Bitcoin is worth nothing if it has a proof of work? Bitcoin miners spend thousands of dollars just to make 1 Bitcoin. He's just making statements like this to influence people to not buy and the bitcoin price will go down then his JP Morgan will invest in bitcoin. This man has no credibility and he is the real fraud.
He is really a fraud, he has been continually giving negative points about bitcoin, he may have a thought that by saying bitcoin to be worth nothing people will get scared and the price will drop down so that he can buy more coins, may be this can be the truth behind it.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
September 22, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
Who the hell is he? I don't know him but ugh, i already dislike him.
Same reaction! Who the frog is that Foucard?! 'Scuse my french.

Now he catched himself some Market Abuse Report filed against the very Mr. Dimon, from a company labelled "Blockwater" and that's ingenious. I am a sucker for branding. Sounding similar to that private military company run by former SEALs. Let us hope they are on occasion equally short tempered.
Activity: 299
September 22, 2017, 01:07:42 PM

In all seriousness,

Lets face it, the China events, the recent attacks by Dimon and other heads of funds and institutions, have taken a toll on cryptos.

The reality is, that these folks are out to destroy bitcoin before it destroys them. So as a pro Crypto Community, how can we be more proactive, to rebuttal these sometimes phony attacks and inform investors?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY
September 22, 2017, 01:01:19 PM

I love John McAfee's new name for him:  Jamie Demon.

Activity: 140
September 22, 2017, 12:53:51 PM
He bashes it to insight panic.  When in reality, he and his company are probably buying up everything they can with accounts that aren't linked to them.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
September 22, 2017, 12:51:13 PM
I think that people who already have bitcoin are a little bit informed about what they did with their money.
None of them is going to sell because some guy they probably never heared the name before gave an interview or two. At least I don't think so.
Everything Dimon can achieve is to stop a few people from buying.
Personally I don't think his fairy tales have much influence on the market.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
September 22, 2017, 12:24:04 PM
Once a large enough amount of traders (and the public) understand Bitcoin well enough (and it's differences with the dollar), Dimon might instead end up crashing JP Morgan shares. Or even the dollar....

If Dimon eventually crashes the dollar talking Bitcoin down, the Streisand effect might get re-named Dimon effect instead Cheesy

Jamie Dimon would probably be bankrupt and in jail by now if the government did not back the Banks and people like him.

The Banks were funded by Taxpayers money to keep their doors open. They already failed, and now they are pointing fingers

at Bitcoin. It is either that or he knows the government is going to back him again and fight with him against Bitcoin.  Angry
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
September 22, 2017, 11:11:52 AM

I bet this time no one will believe him.  He is like a dog that keeps on barking.  Anyways they said that he bought some bitcoins and maybe he wany to buy more bitcoin.  He just want other people to panic sell their bitcoins so the price will go down and it is an oportunity for him to buy more.
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
Alea iacta est
September 22, 2017, 11:08:20 AM
He clearly hasn't properly researched bitcoin or just feel threatened by it. I'm assuming it's the latter. I don't know who this guy is but it's probably a banker or someone who will be irrelevant if bitcoin and crypto currency become big.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
September 22, 2017, 11:04:16 AM

Overall, no impact. Let them voice out their thoughts or so called FUD. We have freedom of speech.

On the positive note, do they really think they can wrecked the moral of bitcoin investors by spreading negative thoughts. Are they powerful enough to do it? They are nothing compared to BCH developers which is way more impact than them in terms of creating FUD.
Pages:
Jump to: