Pages:
Author

Topic: Japan hit by 7.3-magnitude earthquake - page 2. (Read 1264 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
April 18, 2016, 05:27:59 AM
The Japanese are used to these earthquakes. The number of deaths might be limited to a few dozen at the most. The building codes are strictly enforced, and as a result the damage to the property and humans might be very low. On the other hand, had this earthquake occurred in Pakistan or India, the death toll would have crossed 5-figures by now.

That's right. I think and I hope Japan will be safe mostly because of the high quality building they build. Too bad that other countries, poor countries suffer from the cataclysms of the Earth a lot.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
April 18, 2016, 05:08:35 AM
The Japanese are used to these earthquakes. The number of deaths might be limited to a few dozen at the most. The building codes are strictly enforced, and as a result the damage to the property and humans might be very low. On the other hand, had this earthquake occurred in Pakistan or India, the death toll would have crossed 5-figures by now.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 16, 2016, 07:54:29 AM
the strength of the quake is very large. I am still traumatized tsunami that happened several years yesterday. it was very scary. I hope the conditions countermeasures after the earthquake in Japan either. and hopefully the victims are given strength and security.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
April 16, 2016, 07:19:14 AM
Unfortunately this is the 4th or 5th earthquake to hit them in recent days, which experts in seismology believe the "BIG ONE" is coming to them soon. This would cause devastation well beyond Japan. God Bless all of those in harms way!

whoah!! thats scary our country is just below japan but fortunately we havent had any earthquakes yet. jsut hoping japan
doesnt have to go through a 9 magnitude again.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
April 16, 2016, 06:22:29 AM
Why have there been so many earthquakes recently? I wonder if this is a special year for earthquakes, or just a normal one.

Well no one can really predict how or when the tectonic plates that circle the Pacific ocean will start moving. It's energy being released from the very center of the earth and it causes friction when one plate rubs against another. When you get a string of them happening, it is naturally a major warning sign and you just have to hope lots of little ones let off enough steam to prevent the big one.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
April 16, 2016, 05:26:25 AM
Why have there been so many earthquakes recently? I wonder if this is a special year for earthquakes, or just a normal one.

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 16, 2016, 05:14:13 AM
I hope they are safe now, Mashiki sits near two faults and is also near Mount Aso, a huge active volcano.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
April 16, 2016, 04:56:42 AM
Hopefully no nuclear reactors in its path this time.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
April 16, 2016, 02:20:40 AM
A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.3 has struck southern Japan barely 24 hours after a smaller quake hit the same region and killed nine people.

Police on Saturday were reported as saying that at least six people had been killed. Authorities said hundreds of calls had come in from residents reporting people trapped inside houses and buildings on the island of Kyushu.

The fire and disaster management agency said 66 people were trapped inside a nursing home in Mashiki, the town hit hardest, and rescue efforts were under way.

The latest quake also appeared to have triggered a small eruption of the Mt Aso volcano on Kyushu. Public broadcaster NHK said smoke rose about 100 metres in the air. The Japanese Meteorological Agency kept its alert level at 2 on a scale of 5 for the volcano

More than 400 people were treated at hospitals after the quake, which shook the Kumamoto region at 1.25am local time on Saturday, followed by several aftershocks.

Japan’s meteorological agency issued but later lifted a temporary advisory for a tsunami of up to one metre high along the coast west of the epicentre.

Read more:  http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/15/japan-hit-by-74-magnitude-earthquake-tsunami-advisory

this is too scary to handle.. earthquake is the most horrible fact of nature.. but i am sure that japanese people are living in earthquake resistant buildings for that reason there will be no too much damage if a horrible earthquake happens..
Activity: 317
Merit: 317
April 15, 2016, 11:13:53 PM
Unfortunately this is the 4th or 5th earthquake to hit them in recent days, which experts in seismology believe the "BIG ONE" is coming to them soon. This would cause devastation well beyond Japan. God Bless all of those in harms way!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
April 15, 2016, 09:52:01 PM
A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.3 has struck southern Japan barely 24 hours after a smaller quake hit the same region and killed nine people.

Police on Saturday were reported as saying that at least six people had been killed. Authorities said hundreds of calls had come in from residents reporting people trapped inside houses and buildings on the island of Kyushu.

The fire and disaster management agency said 66 people were trapped inside a nursing home in Mashiki, the town hit hardest, and rescue efforts were under way.

The latest quake also appeared to have triggered a small eruption of the Mt Aso volcano on Kyushu. Public broadcaster NHK said smoke rose about 100 metres in the air. The Japanese Meteorological Agency kept its alert level at 2 on a scale of 5 for the volcano

More than 400 people were treated at hospitals after the quake, which shook the Kumamoto region at 1.25am local time on Saturday, followed by several aftershocks.

Japan’s meteorological agency issued but later lifted a temporary advisory for a tsunami of up to one metre high along the coast west of the epicentre.

Read more:  http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/15/japan-hit-by-74-magnitude-earthquake-tsunami-advisory
Pages:
Jump to: