Pages:
Author

Topic: Japan’s GMO Plans to Sell 7nm Bitcoin Mining Boards Using Token Sale - page 2. (Read 1911 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Not a silly idea at all my man.

Bitmain Antminer L3+ and BW.com BW-L21 are 28nm node process ASIC chip miners.

Innosilicon A4+ LTC Master is a 14nm node process ASIC chip miner.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Currently all scrypt miners are in 28 nm node

Antminer L3/L3+ and Innosilicon A4/A4+ are 14/16 nm node (probably all 14nm as I'm pretty sure they're all TSMC-manufactured chips).

I'm pretty sure the BW.COM scrypt miner I remember seeing an announcement about was also 14/16nm.

Where do you get the silly idea that CURRENT scrypt miners are still on the 28nm node?

I doubt we'll see a 20TH SHA256 miner, or a 800 MH Scrypt miner, or a 50 GH X11 miner before the next node hits - there doesn't seem to be that much room left on the current nodes for that much higher efficiency - though the Scrypt and X11 miners aren't pushing 1500 watts hard so it's POSSIBLE someone will built a "bigger" miner that hits those numbers there.

I would bet AGAINST a SHA256 miner at 20TH though, unless someone builds a "monster" like the Spondoolies SP50 was going to be, or it's a custom design for internal use in a LARGE farm and probably NOT air-cooled.

Activity: 200
Merit: 100
7nm will be ready by end of 2018 or early 2019.
Perhaps for very low power mobile device such as phones, probably. Not for high power-dense devices. The tech is simply not up to handling high power density. The problem with current 14/16nm node miners is not so much production related (though that is huge) as it is these node are not robust enough to handle thousands of hashing cores running full tilt all the time. 'Normal' chips such as CPU/GPU's have a lot of support circuitry in each chip that spends a fair bit of time idle.

Samsung's much touted use of '10nm' in the latest Galaxy and iPhones is a huge misnomer vs what IBM, Intel, AMD, etc would call 10nm. The only '10nm' chip is the ARM processor SOC (System On Chip). The only part of that chip that uses 10nm gates is the cache and sram memory in it. The rest is 14nm circuitry.

When do you think next 10nm Litecoin miner be released? Maybe next year?

Currently all scrypt miners are in 28 nm node so before 10 nm they will go for 14/16 nm node because the scrypt mining market is not so big and to develop 10 nm node it takes around 150 million US$ and for 7 nm node it takes around 270 million US $ so it is highly unlikely that we see a scrypt miner on these nodes but sha256 miner on these nodes are likely to be in late 2018
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
br1mcoin : Savings & Wealth Creation Coin x11 Algo
Not so fast...
it will be year 2020 maybe we will see 7nm online mining..

until then, we may see SHA256 at 20TH, Scrypt miner at 800Mh/s or X11 miner at 50Gh
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'm estimating VERY late 2019 or sometime in 2020 for the first miners on a "10nm" or "7nm" node.

Activity: 140
Perhaps for very low power mobile device such as phones, probably. Not for high power-dense devices. The tech is simply not up to handling high power density. The problem with current 14/16nm node miners is not so much production related (though that is huge) as it is these node are not robust enough to handle thousands of hashing cores running full tilt all the time. 'Normal' chips such as CPU/GPU's have a lot of support circuitry in each chip that spends a fair bit of time idle.

Samsung's much touted use of '10nm' in the latest Galaxy and iPhones is a huge misnomer vs what IBM, Intel, AMD, etc would call 10nm. The only '10nm' chip is the ARM processor SOC (System On Chip). The only part of that chip that uses 10nm gates is the cache and sram memory in it. The rest is 14nm circuitry.

When do you think next 10nm Litecoin miner be released? Maybe next year?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

Activity: 140
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
This really REALLY needs to be continued where the pile of GMO 1st got plopped - in the 7nm thread That is where the contents of GMO's pile of crap and why it is crap can be properly referenced by those those intelligent enough to read...

Even more to the point is that the Topic itself needs to be moved by the mods to altcoin discussion area as it deals with Tokens aka -- altcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
The stench of bullshit is so strong it was hard to even read the entire article. Talking about 5nm and 3.5nm chips? Riiigghhtttt
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Hmmmm, a PCIe card edge connector can handle 300 watts?  The MB this card is to be plugged into can deliver 300W to the PCIe slot(s)?

Really?  Huh    Roll Eyes
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
here ids the source  : https://news.bitcoin.com/japans-gmo-7nm-bitcoin-mining-boards-token-sale/
- this is the the highlights of this products :
Each card will be able to mine at a projected 8 terahashes per second or more with a power consumption of only 300 watts

it is more power effecient than the leading bitmain s9 antminer today if we need to a 16 tera hash it will only need 600 watts of power compare to a 1 kilowatt s9 miners. but the only problem is the sale is thru token or ICO sale. so this project is not for everyone as Japanese ICO regulation means stricter customer KYC requirements.
Pages:
Jump to: