Pages:
Author

Topic: Jaxx won't open - page 2. (Read 256 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
October 06, 2019, 02:57:33 PM
The problem also is, I'm not really good with stuff like this. Have no clue to "backup a wallet" anyway.

All I usually do when installing a wallet on my PC is write down the seed phrase on paper. But in this particular case I forgot this.

Can you please read my previous post and answer on that?
I'm giving you an alternative to make sure you have a backup of the wallet or the seed itself before trying to fix stuff (like reinstalling Jaxx). Why won't you do that?

What exactly do you want me to answer to? I don't use Jaxx. I can't answer if the wallet will be lost if you update it to a new version, or if you can get any data from the dev tools options. I'm suggesting you something I can work it to try helping you.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
October 06, 2019, 02:55:00 PM
So, I'm not sure if Jaxx already fixed that, but there was an vulnerability which let you get your backup seed from the wallet files. And since they didn't care about it, maybe it still works.

Can you backup your Jaxx folder and try this? https://vxlabs.com/2017/06/10/extracting-the-jaxx-12-word-wallet-backup-phrase/#demonstration

Or just try what I said above as it won't risk your current wallet anyways (you are just copying the folder and pasting it in another device, where Jaxx works).

The problem also is, I'm not really good with stuff like this. Have no clue to "backup a wallet" anyway.

All I usually do when installing a wallet on my PC is write down the seed phrase on paper. But in this particular case I forgot this.

Can you please read my previous post and answer on that?
legendary
October 06, 2019, 02:52:17 PM
So, I'm not sure if Jaxx already fixed that, but there was an vulnerability which let you get your backup seed from the wallet files. And since they didn't care about it, maybe it still works.

Can you backup your Jaxx folder and try this? https://vxlabs.com/2017/06/10/extracting-the-jaxx-12-word-wallet-backup-phrase/#demonstration

Or just try what I said above as it won't risk your current wallet anyways (you are just copying the folder and pasting it in another device, where Jaxx works).
October 06, 2019, 02:47:53 PM
Before I try all that, is there any way to find my backup phrase via a different route than opening the Jaxx Depktop version? I mean, for some reason it won't open but there has to be a way around it to still get to my backup phrase?

If not, then can you please tell me if the menu "view" and then "Toggle Dev Tools" could be of any use?
Will I be able to access my private keys or backup phrase via there maybe?

And last but not least: would it hurt if I go to the official Jax website and download the newest version (even though it should have already downloaded the newest version automatically I would assume)? Will it still recognize my old wallet after this or am I completely locked out then and there is no way anymore to restore my wallet? I'm a little scared to try this option.
legendary
October 06, 2019, 02:13:26 PM
Backup your Jaxx folder as advised above. Then go to your other laptop which is connecting to Jaxx, BACKUP the wallet that is in there (you should have done that for all wallets already), and then paste the whole folder (from this wallet that isn't connecting) in that one. See if it connects and if your wallet shows up.

If it does, backup it immediately. Never be lazy to the point of not safeguarding up your money. This is literally the first thing it shows up in most wallets, and they all say this is the only thing that can recover your coins if anythings happens.
October 06, 2019, 01:54:45 PM
Do you have your seed backed up?

If so, try reinstalling it.

Also, are you talking about the desktop wallet or the browser extension?

The problem is....I do not have the seed written down somewhere....very stupid, I know.

But even without the seed phrase Jaxx should be working. Just 3 hours ago everything was still fine. I opened Jaxx about 5 times earlier today and every time it loaded just fine. Now opened it already 10 times during the past 3 hours and it gets stuck at the blue screen.

I also have Jaxx on a different laptop (different wallet) and tested it out there. But there it loads just fine. Very weird and I have to say I'm worried.

I don't quite dare to upgrade to a newer version because I'm scared it might overwrite my old wallet and then I cannot open it anymore maybe.

Any ideas?

Talking about the desktop version btw.

Perhaps any things that might be of influence on the Jaxx loading?
Already tried:
-turning off firewall, did not help
-turning off VPN, did not help
-turning off wifi and switching to cable internt, did not help

Is there maybe something like a flash update or something else that could cause this loading problem?
legendary
October 06, 2019, 01:46:22 PM
Do you have your seed backed up?

If so, try reinstalling it.

Also, are you talking about the desktop wallet or the browser extension?
October 06, 2019, 01:41:40 PM
nobody?
October 06, 2019, 12:47:35 PM
Hello,

I was using Jaxx like normal all day today. And then all of a sudden when I open Jaxx it won't load anymore. The screen stays blue with the "Jaxx Liberty" logo on it and the text "your gateway to all things crypto"

But my wallet just won't open.

The same happens after restarting my pc.

Is this a common thing to happen to Jaxx? Temporary technical error or so? Any ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: