Pages:
Author

Topic: Jeb Bush courts evangelicals, defends religion in public life - page 2. (Read 1403 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
"...news flash to the world, if they’re trying to find places where there’s big space between me and my brother, this might not be one of those," Jeb Bush said.

Yeah Jeb you confirm what everyone already knows and that is you and your brother George are one and the same nutball. If I can borrow a famous quote from Dubya and add a slight twist to it. Here ‘ya Jeb! "Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool "us" twice... We can't get fooled again!"
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Jeb Bush: I, Too, Would Have Authorized Iraq Invasion

“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” Bush told Fox News' Megyn Kelly in an interview scheduled to air Monday.

But he acknowledged that the "intelligence that everybody saw, that the world saw, was faulty," adding that after the invasion, the U.S. ought to have focused on securing and stabilizing Iraq in order to shield its people from sectarian violence.

“By the way, guess who thinks that those mistakes took place as well? George W. Bush. Yes, I mean, so just for the news flash to the world, if they’re trying to find places where there’s big space between me and my brother, this might not be one of those," Jeb Bush said.

More...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/10/jeb-bush-iraq-hillary-clinton_n_7251872.html
Activity: 630
Wonder if Jeb realises the implications of having Dubya (the butcher of Baghdad) advise him on the Middle East Wink

I would have invaded Iraq’ like my brother did - Jeb Bush

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/jeb-bush-i-would-have-invaded-iraq-like-my-brother-did/

When Dubya was being sold to retarded voters the story was that it didn´t matter if he was dumb as a doorbell and crazy as a loon because he´d be bringing with him all those wonderful and experienced folks that had worked with his father. You remember, an all crazy cast of neocons. The following disasters are still history in the making. And I´m sure that this new Bush screwball will bring more of the same. The only question is will it be worse than the next Clinton nutcase.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Brilliant. Consulting W for advice on anything having to do with international relations, especially the Middle East, is like consulting Dr. Mengele on medical ethics.
Well so much for Jeb being the smart one of this vile family.
This is shaping up to be one of the greatest U.S. presidential reality shows ever. Both Dubya and Bill Clinton´s corpse will be back in the limelight. Wonderful.
legendary
Jeb: George W. Bush is a top foreign policy adviser

Washington (CNN)Jeb Bush cited his brother, former President George W. Bush, as one of his main advisers on the Middle East in a private meeting in Manhattan on Tuesday, according to three people who attended the off-the-record event.

The comment came as a shock to some who were in the room because Jeb, a likely presidential contender, has taken pains to publicly distance himself from his brother and his controversial policies, particularly in that area of the world.

In a national security speech in February, Bush said, "I am my own man," and he has insisted he would develop his own policies on foreign affairs if he decides to run for president.

His comments behind closed doors indicate a closer connection to his brother. After a previous dust-up about who was counseling him on world issues, Jeb was asked Tuesday about his foreign policy advisers. That's when he listed his brother.

The Washington Post reported that Jeb cited his brother as an adviser on Israel, however, four sources confirmed to CNN that the comments were focused on foreign policy more broadly. Three of them said Jeb noted his brother was an adviser on the Middle East.

One of the people in the room jotted down Jeb's comment as such: "What you need to know is that who I listen to when I need advice on the Middle East is George W. Bush."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/07/politics/jeb-george-w-bush-adviser/index.html

What could possibly go wrong?
legendary
LYNCHBURG, VA. — Looking to win over skeptical evangelical voters, Jeb Bush pushed back Saturday against what he said are modern intrusions on religion as he lauded graduates and their families at Liberty University, a Christian college popular on the path to the Republican presidential nomination.

“Fashionable ideas and opinions – which these days can be a religion all by itself – have got a problem with Christians and their right of conscience,” Bush told an audience of 34,000 in the school’s football stadium.

“That makes it our problem, and the proper response is a forthright defense of the first freedom in our Constitution.”

Some evangelicals view Bush warily, questioning whether the former Florida governor and likely candidate for the Republican presidential nomination would provide a suitable bulwark against gay marriage, illegal immigration and other issues key to conservatives.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2015/05/09/266130/bush-courts-evangelicals-defends.html#storylink=cpy

Keep in mind that Liberty University forces all students to attend when a speaker is in town, so that is pretty low for the administrators at this so-called Christian University to subject their people to such a person as Bush. The establishment part of the GOP has been courting (using/stringing along) evangelicals for decades now and in the end, they always are used as the useful idiots that they are. I certainly don't take seriously when a Bush or their democratic equivalent mentions the Constitution.
Pages:
Jump to: