Pages:
Author

Topic: Jesse Liver-no-more - page 3. (Read 13946 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 05, 2014, 07:17:10 AM
Introducing the JLTradingCoin on ClearingHouse (clearwallet.co).

I have created a ClearingHouse token with 100,000 total tokens and put 50,000 of them on the ClearingHouse Exchange. I will start the exchange rate at 1 VIAcoin for 1 JL coin. Going forward though I believe I will have to set the NAV based on each days asset appreciation and depreciation.
To purchase JLTRADINGCOIN's you first buy some VIA coin at Bittrex or Poloniex and then transfer into the clearwallet.co ClearingHouse site address. From there you just purchase as much JLTRADINGCOIN as you wish (at first I will stress that you should only send a minimal amount because I am going to figure out the best way of doing distributions, withdrawals and deposits) and I'll do a daily sweep of new buys and try to do a twice-weekly sweep of any JLTRADINGCOIN token sell orders.
My plan for now is to do a bi-weekly distribution of profits. All you have to do is hold JLTRADINGCOIN and the ClearingHouse system will automatically distribute VIAcoin to your address.

You Must Agree to these Risks before purchasing JLTRADINGCOIN:
1) This trading plan could absolutely fail and your principal could be lost. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY AN AMOUNT THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE. I will not run off with your coins but I make no guarantee that I will be successful at this endeavor.
2) Due to the conversion to VIAcoin that is required, this endeavor is reliant upon the VIAcoin exchange rate staying steady.
3) I make no guarantees of performance whatsoever. Past performance is not a guarantee of future success. Do not forget that.
4) If something happens to me or incapacitates me I will be unable to purchase back anyone's JLTRADINGCOIN's if they want to withdraw. Additionally, I may be unable to do daily sweeps of any new buys. Additionally, if something severe happens I do not currently have a back-up plan yet in place. I will work on educating a family member of mine who is also heavily-invested in Bitcoin though, so he knows how to access my ClearingHouse account to perform any withdrawals.
5) I am not a financial advisor and make no claims as such. This topic on bitcointalk was solely made for educating and this JLTRADINGCOIN is solely an experiment in connecting a coin to trading activity.
6) I hate to do this one, but you must essentially think of this coin right now as a donation to me. Again, I will not run off with your coins (I am in fact in the process of pursuing someone who did run off with many of my Darkcoins, re: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0;all) but to make this 'legal' I must insist that you treat this as a donation to me and I will treat any distribution and withdrawal back to you also as a donation to you. Having said that I hope you understand how much I do not want people to purchase large amounts of JLTRADINGCOIN right now. This is a fun and interesting experiment which one day could be huge!
7) I will post all trades after the fact now as soon as JLTRADINGCOIN's get bought.

Here we go!

JL

Edit: I will give the VIA coin address tomorrow where any purchased JL tokens go to. Additionally I will outline my fee for ''managing " and other things I forgot to mention above.

First things first, I'm not selling any more JLTRADINGCOIN's until I can get the hang of things. Proceeds grew to just over 1 BTC pretty fast and I would like a couple days to figure this whole process out and get a rhythm on it before it gets ahead of me.

Second, as far as a true donation "fee" for me goes, I'll stick with a flat 5% of profits when I pay them out bi-weekly (every other week). I will also have a high-water mark like I mentioned whereby I'm not taking a "fee" unless we're making higher-highs and sending out profits. So I don't get any true benefit here unless the thing performs. I think it makes sense to post trades after-the-fact versus during just because I don't want to give any 'nefarious' folks a chance to dump on the JLTRADINGCOIN longs on purpose.

Lastly, I think since a couple of you are 'large fishes' so far in the JLTRADINGCOIN, instead of maintaining a twice-weekly window for withdrawals it'll be easiest at first to just PM me that you want to do a withdrawal and what amount. I'll try to post the VIA buy at the JLTRADINGCOIN NAV then on ClearingHouse within 24 hours but likely sooner. I typically check out my PM's at least once a day and usually multiple times a day; same with this board. Eventually it'd be cool to just let the ClearingHouse market exchange takeover for doing that (ie if you wanted to sell JLTRADINGCOIN you'd post a sell and wait for someone else to fulfill your sell. It would likely be at a discount to NAV).
And with regards to withdrawals, the JLTRADINGCOIN will need to be priced at a NAV (Net Asset Value) that makes sense; so if profits go up and there are more assets for the same amount of JLTRADINGCOIN in the market, your JLTRADINGCOIN's are worth more than the 1 JL to 1 VIA exchange and if there are losses, your 1 JL would be worth less than 1 VIA.
It would be cool to post a daily NAV of what exactly 1 JLTRADINGCOIN is worth in VIA. For now though it's pretty early to do that. Currently, though, since I liquidated the VIA earlier today and again a couple hours ago at higher VIA/BTC prices than where VIA/BTC is at now, there is a small gain of 2% (NAV is 1.02) and it's completely due to exchange rate benefit because I haven't taken on any position (yet) with the exchanged BTC.
Anyhow, I don't know about you guys but this is pretty freaking interesting so far. And it's only day one...

And I just sent over the last 200 VIA buy-in, so that's 2,440 VIA withdrawn today and 2,414.887 JLTRADINGCOIN's purchased (I think 20 or so of my own personal VIA that I'm using to pay ClearingHouse fees was withdrawn somewhere in there. Oops, oh well, no biggie).
JL

This sounds very interesting and I would definitely like to purchase some JLTCs

Do you know when you will be opening shop again?

Cheers
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
September 05, 2014, 05:22:13 AM
Have been watching this thread for a week. Trying to do some analytics my self.. you seem alot more talented though. Will probably buy me some JLT.

Keep it up!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 05, 2014, 04:49:35 AM
Okay good for me.
Activity: 338
Merit: 255
September 05, 2014, 03:05:03 AM
First things first, I'm not selling any more JLTRADINGCOIN's until I can get the hang of things. Proceeds grew to just over 1 BTC pretty fast and I would like a couple days to figure this whole process out and get a rhythm on it before it gets ahead of me.

Well again, it shows two good things in my book, one having responsibility and the other a systematic procedure attempt. Again, both I like.

Second, as far as a true donation "fee" for me goes, I'll stick with a flat 5% of profits when I pay them out bi-weekly (every other week). I will also have a high-water mark like I mentioned whereby I'm not taking a "fee" unless we're making higher-highs and sending out profits. So I don't get any true benefit here unless the thing performs. I think it makes sense to post trades after-the-fact versus during just because I don't want to give any 'nefarious' folks a chance to dump on the JLTRADINGCOIN longs on purpose.

Sounds reasonable, agreed.

Lastly, I think since a couple of you are 'large fishes' so far in the JLTRADINGCOIN, instead of maintaining a twice-weekly window for withdrawals it'll be easiest at first to just PM me that you want to do a withdrawal and what amount.

You mean that we have to request the retrieval of the profit from the dividends of the successful trades or it is in case we want to sell our shares (the JLcoins themselves)?

Eventually it'd be cool to just let the ClearingHouse market exchange takeover for doing that (ie if you wanted to sell JLTRADINGCOIN you'd post a sell and wait for someone else to fulfill your sell. It would likely be at a discount to NAV).

I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone is even thinking about selling, we haven't even started lol.

Well this is how it should be IMO.
And with regards to withdrawals, the JLTRADINGCOIN will need to be priced at a NAV (Net Asset Value) that makes sense; so if profits go up and there are more assets for the same amount of JLTRADINGCOIN in the market, your JLTRADINGCOIN's are worth more than the 1 JL to 1 VIA exchange and if there are losses, your 1 JL would be worth less than 1 VIA.

Correct, but when will you start doing the correction in price, after [insert number here] successful trade operations closed? or what kind of formula would you apply to change the price, if you are meaning the JLCs that you still have on stock?

It would be cool to post a daily NAV of what exactly 1 JLTRADINGCOIN is worth in VIA. For now though it's pretty early to do that. Currently, though, since I liquidated the VIA earlier today and again a couple hours ago at higher VIA/BTC prices than where VIA/BTC is at now, there is a small gain of 2% (NAV is 1.02) and it's completely due to exchange rate benefit because I haven't taken on any position (yet) with the exchanged BTC.
Anyhow, I don't know about you guys but this is pretty freaking interesting so far. And it's only day one...

Watch VIA volatility. Drives me crazy, got to re-position so many times in this last 48h. Highly manipulated and hard to TA IMO.

And I just sent over the last 200 VIA buy-in, so that's 2,440 VIA withdrawn today and 2,414.887 JLTRADINGCOIN's purchased (I think 20 or so of my own personal VIA was withdrawn somewhere in there. Oops, oh well, no biggie).

Should be easy to check!

- Regarding my particular case, I am still waiting to see how this all mature, if i feel comfortable with the system you develop for sharing the dividends, I would invest another equal quantity or so in short term, who knows middle/long.

Oh and mastercoin didn't even enter in the club... I expect him to purchase way more than I am doing hehe.

Eth.
September 04, 2014, 10:26:58 PM
It is good that you acknowledge the trust that people is open to put on you, I am hoping it will give you a reassurance feeling, that will go no doubt with some weight of responsibility.

Judging from your posts I guess that is what you feel, and that is exactly how it should be, meaning all goes on naturally hehe..

Eth.

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
September 04, 2014, 08:58:30 PM
What's your thoughts about Stealthcoin?

The price is increasing like crazy.

I had a small piece of it on 7/27 and sold for 3x a couple days later (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8059340).
It's incredibly thinly-traded (1 BTC can make that thing pop). I saw it's pop a week ago up to 4k, my guess then and now is that a large whale group decided to make Stealth their pump-and-dump flavor of the month because it's exhibiting all volume signs of heavy buyers with some significant selling every now and again. In fact, it looks to have had a pretty significant bout of selling about an hour ago which could loom over price for awhile. I wouldn't say we've seen the top; I liked their dev team for a reason and I'm sure if price breaks down now on heavier volume it'll be back up eventually.
JL

There's some kind of bot that fills the order book with tiny sell order's of 20 XST.
So that we can't see the order book completely, and when the price moves, you only see BUY orders in the market history :/
Activity: 212
September 04, 2014, 08:22:37 PM
Bought 25 JLcoin Smiley

Watch them graphs :p

Also, thoughts on ShadowCoin?
Activity: 208
September 04, 2014, 06:36:15 PM
What's your thoughts about Stealthcoin?

The price is increasing like crazy.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
September 04, 2014, 06:14:09 PM
"donated" 550 VIA.. let's see how this goes.. GL and I believe in you JL
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2014, 12:17:29 PM
Really short-term one here:
Darkcoin's been making higher-highs and higher-lows for the past 12 hours; looks like a breakout's imminent. A breakout would be above .00535 and would target .0055 initially and then .0058 and then who knows what; falling below .0049 might negate this trend.
I'm already quite long DRK so won't go long(er) but will watch.
JL

Edit: These prices are based on MintPal for their high DRK volume.

Both targets (.0055 and .0058) were easily reached on DRK.
It is short-term do-or-die time now for DRK though.
My guess is these circled trendline resistance markers, at .0065 and .0072, will be hit soon, maybe even within 24 hours. If DRK just bounces into them and continues to consolidate again it wouldn't be horrible but if it bounced off them and fell on volume that would be a different story. Luckily there is a conglomeration of support/trend lines below us now at .005.
Hopefully, to continue this move, it breaks them or at least stays very close to them before finally breaking them on huge volume.
FYI if it broke these trendlines my first target would be 0.013 due to the inverse head-and-shoulders pattern which has been developing over the past couple weeks/months.

JL

Looks like we ran right into .0072 trendline here. Give it some time to break above that.
And I'm working on reconciling the JLTRADINGCOIN addresses; it seems the ClearingHouse system lets you create and add coins however it doesn't let you destroy coins. So if I wanted to do a 1% distribution right now it would end up under-paying JLTRADINGCOIN holders due to there being too many coins owned by my originating address. I believe I will send out the remainder of coins (ie many more coins) to the addresses who bought in order to correct this and the starting NAV will go from 1 VIA = 1 JLTRADINGCOIN down to 1 VIA=.0005 JLTRADINGCOIN's or so.
JL

You can test things out safely at testnet.clearwallet.co. PM me your testnet address and I will send you some testnet coins.
September 04, 2014, 05:17:30 AM
Check your PMs btw )

Eth.
September 04, 2014, 05:17:03 AM
Reported in VIA forum, IRC , XCH forum, no answers.
Anyway I found the glitch, looks like I cannot do transactions for more than certain amount at once

If i split the orders, it goes through.

Eth.
legendary
Activity: 984
September 04, 2014, 05:04:49 AM
10 Via invested, good luck!

I am getting an error all the time that i try to purchase, mh am i missing something?

Look above for my error window, have u seen anything like that?

Eth.

No, sorry, everything went fine for me.
September 04, 2014, 04:53:12 AM

I am getting an error all the time that i try to purchase, mh am i missing something?

Look above for my error window, have u seen anything like that?

Eth.
legendary
Activity: 984
September 04, 2014, 04:26:41 AM
Activity: 938
September 04, 2014, 03:13:16 AM
Introducing the JLTradingCoin on ClearingHouse (clearwallet.co).

I have created a ClearingHouse token with 100,000 total tokens and put 50,000 of them on the ClearingHouse Exchange. I will start the exchange rate at 1 VIAcoin for 1 JL coin. Going forward though I believe I will have to set the NAV based on each days asset appreciation and depreciation.
To purchase JLTRADINGCOIN's you first buy some VIA coin at Bittrex or Poloniex and then transfer into the clearwallet.co ClearingHouse site address. From there you just purchase as much JLTRADINGCOIN as you wish (at first I will stress that you should only send a minimal amount because I am going to figure out the best way of doing distributions, withdrawals and deposits) and I'll do a daily sweep of new buys and try to do a twice-weekly sweep of any JLTRADINGCOIN token sell orders.
My plan for now is to do a bi-weekly distribution of profits. All you have to do is hold JLTRADINGCOIN and the ClearingHouse system will automatically distribute VIAcoin to your address.

You Must Agree to these Risks before purchasing JLTRADINGCOIN:
1) This trading plan could absolutely fail and your principal could be lost. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY AN AMOUNT THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE. I will not run off with your coins but I make no guarantee that I will be successful at this endeavor.
2) Due to the conversion to VIAcoin that is required, this endeavor is reliant upon the VIAcoin exchange rate staying steady.
3) I make no guarantees of performance whatsoever. Past performance is not a guarantee of future success. Do not forget that.
4) If something happens to me or incapacitates me I will be unable to purchase back anyone's JLTRADINGCOIN's if they want to withdraw. Additionally, I may be unable to do daily sweeps of any new buys. Additionally, if something severe happens I do not currently have a back-up plan yet in place. I will work on educating a family member of mine who is also heavily-invested in Bitcoin though, so he knows how to access my ClearingHouse account to perform any withdrawals.
5) I am not a financial advisor and make no claims as such. This topic on bitcointalk was solely made for educating and this JLTRADINGCOIN is solely an experiment in connecting a coin to trading activity.
6) I hate to do this one, but you must essentially think of this coin right now as a donation to me. Again, I will not run off with your coins (I am in fact in the process of pursuing someone who did run off with many of my Darkcoins, re: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0;all) but to make this 'legal' I must insist that you treat this as a donation to me and I will treat any distribution and withdrawal back to you also as a donation to you. Having said that I hope you understand how much I do not want people to purchase large amounts of JLTRADINGCOIN right now. This is a fun and interesting experiment which one day could be huge!
7) I will post all trades after the fact now as soon as JLTRADINGCOIN's get bought.

Here we go!

JL

Edit: I will give the VIA coin address tomorrow where any purchased JL tokens go to. Additionally I will outline my fee for ''managing " and other things I forgot to mention above.

Right after I sold all of my VIA? Sad Any chance of joining in with other coin, DRK for example ? Thanks JL in advance.
September 04, 2014, 02:29:56 AM
Getting this error while trying to purchase asset.

Eth.
September 04, 2014, 01:33:59 AM
Count me in... my wallet is still synchronizing, as soon as I can I will get some of those assets.

Eth.
September 03, 2014, 11:35:42 PM
Taking a medium-term position in BTSX-BitSharesX on Poloniex here in lower-6000 sat range. Volume is now tight and price has a beautiful base. Huge potential building up. Definitely could be a brand new niche in the Cryptos world they have going there.

Thanks for input so far, too.
JL

Total coins are 2 billion, what kind of price do you think the coin could have in its maturity?

Eth.

Truly hard to speculate on BTSX's, or any crypto's, price at maturity. If BTSX fulfills a better, more efficient way of running an exchange and bank then what exists already, then the sky's the limit.
JL

Well I consider you a really skilled TA guy, of course my question would be a bit hard hehe.

What I mean is the fact that the 2B is quite a big qty of coins, but it decreases daily with transactions (not sure how it works exactly), so all this factors kick into the already difficult task.

Anyway your call was great.

Eth.
September 03, 2014, 01:20:58 PM
Taking a medium-term position in BTSX-BitSharesX on Poloniex here in lower-6000 sat range. Volume is now tight and price has a beautiful base. Huge potential building up. Definitely could be a brand new niche in the Cryptos world they have going there.

Thanks for input so far, too.
JL

Total coins are 2 billion, what kind of price do you think the coin could have in its maturity?

Eth.
Pages:
Jump to: