Pages:
Author

Topic: Jihan blocks segwit on LTC: price crashes - page 3. (Read 6751 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Did you guys check the news? Jihan is now supporting segwit, the signaling is going on as we speak, or they signaling 1 block at least, I suspect they are setting things up and will start signaling it continuously until it locks in, price could surge a lot. Bought a bit myself, don't want to miss that.

Cobble has done a fantastic diplomatic job getting everyone on the table and reaching an agreement. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely with Bitcoin (or maybe fortunately, since I wouldn't like other than segwit activated without no other compromises)

What's clear to me is, LTC will benefit greatly price wise!

Possible theory. Ji buys LTC low. Ji supports seggy. LTC price soars. Ji sell LTC. Ji withdraws support for seggy. LTC price collapse.

Repeat and rinse all year.

Not enough gas in that tank, unless other pools conspire with him.
Though, Imho, he would if he could.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Did you guys check the news? Jihan is now supporting segwit, the signaling is going on as we speak, or they signaling 1 block at least, I suspect they are setting things up and will start signaling it continuously until it locks in, price could surge a lot. Bought a bit myself, don't want to miss that.

Cobble has done a fantastic diplomatic job getting everyone on the table and reaching an agreement. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely with Bitcoin (or maybe fortunately, since I wouldn't like other than segwit activated without no other compromises)

Possible theory. Ji buys LTC low. Ji supports seggy. LTC price soars. Ji sell LTC. Ji withdraws support for seggy. LTC price collapse.

Repeat and rinse all year.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
Litecoin price is going up because its being added to Coinbase, which will GREATLY increase its adoption and exposure. The only way SegWit has anything to do with it is if AXA/Bilderberg-funded Blockstream is pumping it to try to correlate a price increase with SegWit adoption.

Not sure you guys are getting it yet, but no one is buying your stories. First, the failure of Bitcoin Foundation and now SegWit is dying, I fear how desperate you guys might get. My guess is you'll eventually resort to outright bans (India?) and start arresting people for using it. That will also fail.

Enjoy your ivory towers while they last.

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact lightning allows cross-blockchain payments?

so if both activate segwit, you'll be able to make payments between LTC and BTC without needing a centralized exchange to exchange your coins, just type in the address and press send.

They already have something for that: shapeshift.io. And they aren't fucking around with the code, they just do it.

uhh.. no.  shapeshift is a centralized exchanged.   he is talking about trustless exchange without a third party...

...which is going to be AWESOME! Smiley 

This is a GREAT use case for LN.

I understand the difference, but the result is the same. If anything, we need more shapeshifts. Trustless exchange is like BitSquare. Both BitSquare and LN seem unnecessary to me.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Litecoin price is going up because its being added to Coinbase, which will GREATLY increase its adoption and exposure. The only way SegWit has anything to do with it is if AXA/Bilderberg-funded Blockstream is pumping it to try to correlate a price increase with SegWit adoption.

Not sure you guys are getting it yet, but no one is buying your stories. First, the failure of Bitcoin Foundation and now SegWit is dying, I fear how desperate you guys might get. My guess is you'll eventually resort to outright bans (India?) and start arresting people for using it. That will also fail.

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact lightning allows cross-blockchain payments?

so if both activate segwit, you'll be able to make payments between LTC and BTC without needing a centralized exchange to exchange your coins, just type in the address and press send.

They already have something for that: shapeshift.io. And they aren't fucking around with the code, they just do it.

uhh.. no.  shapeshift is a centralized exchanged.   he is talking about trustless exchange without a third party...

...which is going to be AWESOME! Smiley 

This is a GREAT use case for LN.

legendary

And like that, he's gone? Did you mean to link to that video?

Oh, btw, I just made your recipe for Yorkshire Puddings and they turned out great. Very light and fluffy.
Searing dropped the mic, that's what I was pointing out. LTC is surging and this coming addition on Coinbase will keep the segwit train moving forward in epic fashion.

lol...keep dreamin'!
Dude, my number one allegiance is to Bitcoin, first and foremost. It's just so obvious that at some point LTC was going to turn around after stagnation and the added advantage of segwit coming along w/ being eventually offered on Coinbase is bullish and it's playing out for the world to see. If you want to play the ostrich and not get a piece of this action, to each his own.

pfft...I bought thousands of LTC when it was less than a penny, but I'll sell every last one of them if they adopt SegWit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
Wake me up when LTC has a decent level of blockchain usage. The price is a speculative bubble, unless usage increases.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

Oh, btw, I just made your recipe for Yorkshire Puddings and they turned out great. Very light and fluffy.
Searing dropped the mic, that's what I was pointing out. LTC is surging and this coming addition on Coinbase will keep the segwit train moving forward in epic fashion.

lol...keep dreamin'!
Dude, my number one allegiance is to Bitcoin, first and foremost. It's just so obvious that at some point LTC was going to turn around after stagnation and the added advantage of segwit coming along w/ being eventually offered on Coinbase is bullish and it's playing out for the world to see. If you want to play the ostrich and not get a piece of this action, to each his own.
legendary

lol...keep dreamin'!
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

legendary

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

More info here:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/atomic-swaps-how-the-lightning-network-extends-to-altcoins-1484157052/

Also Coblee's post about it:
https://segwit.org/my-vision-for-segwit-and-lightning-networks-on-litecoin-and-bitcoin-cf95a7ab656b
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
The anti segwit moves keep crashing prices, but anti segwit deniers will still claim it has nothing to do with it.

https://twitter.com/peeticek/status/854091120812445696

At the same time, f2pool started signaling segwit on BTC, and the price automatically pumped to $1200

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/854231735386611712

Segwit support remains a solid reason of price increase.

So this is all about political agenda.  I wonder why they block segwit in Litecoin.  It would be best to let Segwit be activated in Litecoin and see the result.  I think they are afraid of Segwit since hey knew it is a game changer.  This definitely means what is happening in cryptocurrency is not about what is better but rather a political agenda for their own benefits.  

Such a boring insight, clean out your kaleidoscope.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

legendary
The anti segwit moves keep crashing prices, but anti segwit deniers will still claim it has nothing to do with it.

https://twitter.com/peeticek/status/854091120812445696

At the same time, f2pool started signaling segwit on BTC, and the price automatically pumped to $1200

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/854231735386611712

Segwit support remains a solid reason of price increase.

So this is all about political agenda.  I wonder why they block segwit in Litecoin.  It would be best to let Segwit be activated in Litecoin and see the result.  I think they are afraid of Segwit since hey knew it is a game changer.  This definitely means what is happening in cryptocurrency is not about what is better but rather a political agenda for their own benefits.  

legendary
Yes you're right, it seems that some mining pool's combined with ant pool are mining something else and all this mining pool's are from china
The chinese miner mafia is on the move.

I hope that in the end the future of bitcoin will prevail.

LOL...yeah, its a chinese conspiracy. Now THAT'S some tinfoil hat shit right there! You do realize that there are plenty of non-Chinese people mining in their pools, right?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Yes you're right, it seems that some mining pool's combined with ant pool are mining something else and all this mining pool's are from china
The chinese miner mafia is on the move.

I hope that in the end the future of bitcoin will prevail.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
legendary
yep, its gonna get real quiet on here....LMAO
Pages:
Jump to: