Pages:
Author

Topic: John C Dvorak poo poos bitcoin - page 2. (Read 3389 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
October 22, 2011, 04:23:12 PM
I think this analysis by Dvorak could equal his thoughts on the mouse.

Dvorak's most famous prediction came in 1984 as a writer for the San Francisco Examiner: "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a ‘mouse’. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Dvorak

This article by Dvorak seems to only point towards great things for Bitcoin.
k
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
October 22, 2011, 04:19:32 PM
I think this analysis by Dvorak could equal his thoughts on the mouse.

Dvorak's most famous prediction came in 1984 as a writer for the San Francisco Examiner: "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a ‘mouse’. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Dvorak
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
betwithbtc.com
October 22, 2011, 04:09:15 PM
He just compared Bitcoin to ridiculous, centralized virtual currencies that had no redeeming qualities, except that they had "cool" names like "Flooz" and "Beenz."  Bitcoin is a game changer, the implications of which even intelligent individuals like John Dvorak cannot comprehend because they're set in their old ways.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
October 22, 2011, 03:34:44 PM
+50% in 2 days

bitcoin is crashing

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 22, 2011, 03:17:12 PM
It read something like this to me

"Yada yada yada, taxes, yada, Beenz, yada, Flooz, yada, Bitcoin market crash, yada, government won't let anything like this succeed, taxes"

Kinda seemed like an opinion article written while he was on the toilet. Very short and lacked any substance.

+1

Indeed -- many commentators totally miss the point. A bitcoin is NOT just an entry in a central database somewhere, like with Beenz, etc.
A Bitcoin can't be counterfeited because it's near-impossible to do so.  Unless you're a government, and anything is possible for them...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
October 22, 2011, 03:15:35 PM
Hehehehe he has absolutely no idea why Bitcoin is different, and thus I'm not surprised by his analysis.  I'd be equally as skeptical of Bitcoin of it were just another Beenz.

The article even admitted he didn't know how Bitcoin worked... he's making guesses purely based on the recent price fall. This is a silly as guessing that Bitcoin will skyrocket purely based on a price increase.  Maybe he should accept Roger's $10,000 bet?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 22, 2011, 03:15:13 PM
It read something like this to me

"Yada yada yada, taxes, yada, Beenz, yada, Flooz, yada, Bitcoin market crash, yada, government won't let anything like this succeed, taxes"

Kinda seemed like an opinion article written while he was on the toilet. Very short and lacked any substance.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
October 22, 2011, 03:10:00 PM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitcoin-is-the-latest-alternate-currency-to-crash-2011-10-21?link=MW_latest_news

I'm not sure whether this is good or bad.  John C. Dvorak is notoriously bad at making tech predictions.  He has a very US centric point of view in this article and fails to discuss bitcoin's decentralized architecture (and how that makes it unique among previously failed attempts at digital currencies).  I my opinion, the question of whether we'll all be using trans national digital currencies is a matter of when, not if.  It may or may not be bitcoin, but it's here to stay in one form or another.
Pages:
Jump to: