Pages:
Author

Topic: Jonathan Ryan Owens locked Rebate, Zip.A, Alberto & BDT thread - page 3. (Read 10225 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Wat
Neither the Kronos hack nor the loss of Brian Cartmell's funds should be allowed to have any impact on GLBSE investors, regardless of who was responsible for those events.  The real concern at this point is whether - independently of those two events - any of the GLBSE-raised funds have been inappropriately spent, if so by whom, and how much of their investment can be recovered.

If funds have been spent on other projects from an IPO of bitcoinrebate or ZIP.A then  any profits from those should reimburse any loss. Maybe bondholders of failed projects could be compensated with equity in projects the funds were spent on.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Neither the Kronos hack nor the loss of Brian Cartmell's funds should be allowed to have any impact on GLBSE investors, regardless of who was responsible for those events.  The real concern at this point is whether - independently of those two events - any of the GLBSE-raised funds have been inappropriately spent, if so by whom, and how much of their investment can be recovered.

I think this is very much the core issue, there are three assets involved BDT, REBATE, ZIP.A from what I guess BDT funds have been used specifically for the funding of BitDayTrade, whether it's successful or not isn't really important, so I think that asset is ok.

Regarding REBATE, Alberto has said that he'll pay back 1K BTC and JRO told me on the phone that he will match him. Where the funds went? To whom? who knows

ZIP.A, I have no idea what is happening regarding this asset or where the funds are, I did get an email from JRO listing all the dev work that has been done for ZIP.A
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
In case there is any confusion I'm referring to "20Mission", http://bitcoinbolt.rememberi.es/category/jonathan-ryan-owens/ - http://20mission.com/, as bitcoin.me was concerned about in the Rebate thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1093996

Charlie,

Any comment or knowledge on whether funds were mixed to help launch that bitcoin/tech incubator building project?

My main concern is how this affects people's attitudes towards putting Bitcoins into GLBSE listings, of which I have one. Hopefully it gets resolved relatively amicably for investors.

I really don't think it should be up to the investors to figure out what percentage of blame lies where.

- Robert
Yes that's why I said "How they deal with the investors is what's important." Edit: I suppose for clarity I should have tacked on "at least until the investors are made as whole as possible"

I'm not saying anyone thinking of dealing with them in the future shouldn't consider the fact that they have devolved into open mudslinging, regardless of truth or accuracy. I'm merely saying the investors shouldn't allow themselves to be distracted from the core issue of where their bitcoins went and how they will be returned.

You shouldn't have to buy any story, that's for them to settle between the business partners. How they deal with the investors is what's important.

Actually, how somebody comports themselves is a fairly big part of business unless you're in say Somalia or somewhere similar there it only matters who has the biggest schlong.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
You shouldn't have to buy any story, that's for them to settle between the business partners. How they deal with the investors is what's important.

Actually, how somebody comports themselves is a fairly big part of business unless you're in say Somalia or somewhere similar there it only matters who has the biggest schlong.
legendary
Activity: 1050

thank you for being clever.

now someone of involved parties please answer the question: where are the money collected from investors on GLBSE?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Perhaps without disclosing any details you can just tell us your conclusions on the matter. Some of us only want to know tl;dr from someone they trust, without wasting any time on any details.

I know 100% for a fact Alberto is BitScalper

Bitcoin Rebate and Kronos is Alberto's projects as well, from what I understand John Owens got the bad end of the stick here,

I'm fortunate to have befriended John Owens when I was in San Francisco and he is a super nice guy who is trying to do alot for Bitcoin. He really had no bad intentions.

Any attempt of Alberto (or his pseudonyms) to spread FUD about John Owens is false and I can confirm this. He is attempting to push blame on JRO and make himself look less guilty.

-Charlie

Not directed at you, Charlie

But where the f... did all the money go from a fore mentioned  assets?

at the moment i'm not buying neither one of these guys stories, not JRO's nor Alberto's, until there is a solid answer to this question.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
WTF, so let me get this straight... MNW spent countless hours trying to convince everyone that leo/Coinexchanger/Maria was bitscalper and he was working with the real bitscalper on kronos.io all the time.

Priceless!

Yup see what kind of a scummy douche he is?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
WTF, so let me get this straight... MNW spent countless hours trying to convince everyone that leo/Coinexchanger/Maria was bitscalper and he was working with the real bitscalper on kronos.io all the time.

Priceless!
Wat
None of this reflects well on the people involved.
Charlie,

Any comment or knowledge on whether funds were mixed to help launch that bitcoin/tech incubator building project?

My main concern is how this affects people's attitudes towards putting Bitcoins into GLBSE listings, of which I have one. Hopefully it gets resolved relatively amicably for investors.

I really don't think it should be up to the investors to figure out what percentage of blame lies where.

- Robert
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Perhaps without disclosing any details you can just tell us your conclusions on the matter. Some of us only want to know tl;dr from someone they trust, without wasting any time on any details.

I know 100% for a fact Alberto is BitScalper

Bitcoin Rebate and Kronos is Alberto's projects as well, from what I understand John Owens got the bad end of the stick here,

I'm fortunate to have befriended John Owens when I was in San Francisco and he is a super nice guy who is trying to do alot for Bitcoin. He really had no bad intentions.

Any attempt of Alberto (or his pseudonyms) to spread FUD about John Owens is false and I can confirm this. He is attempting to push blame on JRO and make himself look less guilty.

-Charlie
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I have some information on this, but Im nervous of I release it in the forums it will breach the trust someone has of me.

However, the info I have can clear alot of this up and vindicate certain people.

Im having a moral dilemma now. Can anyone provide some guidance?
Activity: 868
There are a bunch of sockpuppets on reddit accusing BDT of being the thief responsible for the Kronos hack.  One previously promoted Yoon Yeonghwa's launch of posadoll.  Could MNW (a known sockpuppeter) be trying to sling mud on BDT?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/yc6rf/we_demand_a_public_apology_from_uthezenpadguy/c5ua667

Is MNW responsible for the Kronos hack, and sees the BDT hack as an opportunity to shift the blame?

It is, of course, possible that the actions of more than one person are responsible for the set-back of various projects.  In fact, that's what people appear to be claiming - that Alberto is responsible for some stuff which shouldn't have happened and that JRO is responsible for other stuff which shouldn't have happened.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Alberto saw hack first, IIRC. He took the action of locking the user's account and telling him he knows where he's located, as you may recall from an earlier Kronos thread. The team was not aware of the issue until the user posted that thread, AFAIK. JRO heard after I did, around the time Nef cancelled the Kronos IPO and the rest of that shitstorm was going -- I remember because I told JRO both those news items on the same morning phone call. The hack's not really the issue here, though, and I'm not taking a side against Alberto necessarily. Keep in mind, JRO didn't lose money from the hack, however. What really set the projects back, first off, was cash-mixing between ventures, and that allowed something much worse to happen, but that's pretty personal, and up to JRO as to whether or not he wants to release that.

I don't see much point in me getting involved, and suggest non-cynics refrain from getting too riled up as it may be more detrimental than helpful for those with money in, but of course feel free to do as you please.
Activity: 574
Alberto = Bitscalper as far as I am concerned. They are both from Italy, they both use the name jjfarren. This is 90% proof that they are one and the same. If we can have IP confirmation from the admins, that would be great too.

Evidence:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/out-of-frustration-i-built-my-own-trading-platform-for-doing-arbitrages-77195
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/showthread.php?t=78064&page=7
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/291-tons-ipad-competitors-popping-up-2.html
http://www.who.is/dns/bitscalper.com/

^^^

bitscalper.com   SOA   10 hours 40 minutes      exoware.mars.orderbox-dns.com. jjfarren.hotmail.com. 2012010406 7200 7200 172800 7200

Bitscalper=jjfarren=Alberto=Scammer
Pages:
Jump to: