Pages:
Author

Topic: Judgement Day is near folks! - page 2. (Read 1789 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 20, 2015, 04:35:22 AM
May I first ask what did you study? You're obviously not realizing how hard it is going to be to make an AI pass the Turing test, not to mention for it to go insane and start killing.
Stop being paranoid and relax. So far (aside from partially Watson) there has been no robot with an AI. They have just been coded with the desired instructions and can not act on their own.
They can only make mistakes due to improper coding/bugs/glitches.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 20, 2015, 03:17:50 AM
Well, those machines may have the weapons, but are still lacking the most important part: the strong (hostile) artificial intelligence behind their actions.

At any rate, I see no reason to believe an AI would necessarily move to exterminate humanity, or even if it did, that it would really need weapons such as those, and not just, say, the internet and human gullibility. Tongue

They are working on the AI right now as we speak.

http://www.bostondynamics.com

They are teaching them right now to mimic movements, learn to adapt to enviroment... It's coming folks, a few more years and skynet will be activated....

[...]

Unfortunately, there is a huge difference between machine learning (much of what you described), and the actual reasoning abilities a strong artificial intelligence will need. That isn't to say it won't happen eventually (and given the resources they have, perhaps through the military first), but that's probably still some ways further down the road - and again, I see no reason to believe such an AI would necessarily be hostile.

Look here DARPA's latest ATLAS robot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBnFPBV3f0

They are going to build a fucking T-1000 just like in the movies.

And they are not stopping, this technology is very dangerous, worse even than bioengineering, because while viruses are dumb, these AI's can really destroy humanity.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
July 20, 2015, 03:14:04 AM
Well, those machines may have the weapons, but are still lacking the most important part: the strong (hostile) artificial intelligence behind their actions.

At any rate, I see no reason to believe an AI would necessarily move to exterminate humanity, or even if it did, that it would really need weapons such as those, and not just, say, the internet and human gullibility. Tongue

They are teaching them right now to mimic movements, learn to adapt to enviroment... It's coming folks, a few more years and skynet will be activated....

[...]

Unfortunately, there is a huge difference between machine learning (much of what you described), and the actual reasoning abilities a strong artificial intelligence will need. That isn't to say it won't happen eventually (and given the resources they have, perhaps through the military first), but that's probably still some ways further down the road - and again, I see no reason to believe such an AI would necessarily be hostile.
July 20, 2015, 03:04:04 AM

We are seriously screwed, do you realize folks how big danger humanity is in right now with this evil technology research going on...

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
July 20, 2015, 02:34:16 AM

July 19, 2015, 11:15:38 PM
Hunter-Killer drone from Terminator 3 movie (2003)

FAKE/FICTION FROM A MOVIE!

EQUIPPED WITH MACHINE GUN AND MINI ROCKET LAUNCHER

Real prototype quadrotor used by military today

REAL AND USED BY MILITARY TODAY!

EQUIPPED WITH MACHINE GUN AND GRENADE LAUNCHER

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

Robot tank from Terminator 3 movie (2003)

FAKE/FICTION FROM A MOVIE!

EQUIPPED WITH MACHINE GUN TURRET

Real MAARS robot used by military

REAL AND USED BY MILITARY TODAY!

EQUIPPED WITH MACHINE GUN TURRET & GRENADE LAUNCHER

WE WILL ALL BE TERMINATED  Sad

Pages:
Jump to: