Pages:
Author

Topic: julianstantiago's moneypak scam - page 2. (Read 3161 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
May 23, 2013, 04:44:42 PM
I have invited John, their escrow, to join us.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
May 23, 2013, 04:42:20 PM
I just invited Mike T to join us.

legendary
May 23, 2013, 04:37:13 PM
...and it's gone!

(Pretend the South Park image is here)

He reported that MikeT "Scammed me out of 6 BTC while using escrow by redeeming the moneypaks before I received them"
May 23, 2013, 04:33:11 PM
Sorry boss, I don't see where that is in his profile.  Can you tell me who it is, I'd like to get to the bottom of this with the (phantom) person he "voted down".
legendary
May 23, 2013, 04:30:42 PM
Umm... Just check who he sent feedback on. The link to his feedback given/received is in his profile, and it says who he -1'd.
May 22, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
Julian sent first in a ~BTC0.95 transaction where he bought an MP.

Good communication, would trade again.

While what I said is absolutely true, the OP is starting to act shady today.  He came back to me to request a second MP and when I refused to send first he made some excuse about not wanting to make the deal.  This all came on the heels of a conversation where he said to me:

"I just got scammed so I'm a bit iffy. Can you send first this time?"

Which I can understand and I almost felt empathy for him, but I'm still not going to send to a noob "first", because that is INSANE.  

So after he pulled back on my retort that I would not be sending first I realized what was happening.  So I demanded from him in several PM's the identity of the scammer.  Here is what the OP wrote back to me:

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Viceroy on: Today at 07:09:25 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

"Why so you can drag it out on the main forums, have admins pull IPs, and make a big shit scene like you people like to do? No thanks."

I think that sentiment alone deserves a scammer tag,  There is simply no reason a person should want to "hide" the identity of a scammer.  

Further the OP stated:

"You, sir, are absolutely incorrect. I'll have you know that I did -1 his trust, but he threatened to get the admins to pull IP's and make a public post about it along with the guy who was doing escrow. I prefer to keep my business dealings private. That's more important to me than the money I was being scammed for.

The fact that without even knowing all the circumstances you jump to calling me a scammer shows how paranoid you are. I suggest you talk to someone."

There is no argument here.  He wants me to believe that revealing his IP address is a problem.  I suspect that the OP is either a CRIMINAL trying to launder money or a straight scammer.  

Unlike the OP I thought it would be GOOD for the community to know this story.

Ok, jules.. it's out in public.  You want to tell me what your reputation should be now?

MODS, please find out who julianstantiago -1'd so we can see if there is any truth to this.

Pages:
Jump to: