Pages:
Author

Topic: Just 1 card, FREE electricity, budget, what would you get ? - page 2. (Read 1213 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Free elecricity? get an hd 7990 or an R9 390x2, they're gonna cost you but they're very very good. If they're not in your budget then look for R9 390(without the x2) or an R9 290, these can be bought cheaper than the rx 470 and do as well or even better, they're power mongers though

I am somewhat on a budget and YES free electricity where i stay so i don't care of it's a power monger.
Thanks for your advise, i will see what i can find (used) for a decent price !
Activity: 747
Merit: 502
Free elecricity? get an hd 7990 or an R9 390x2, they're gonna cost you but they're very very good. If they're not in your budget then look for R9 390(without the x2) or an R9 290, these can be bought cheaper than the rx 470 and do as well or even better, they're power mongers though
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
For startes, I have Free electricity and not worried about fan noise.
I have a PC that i would like to use for mining, just to start out, with 1 gfx card.

Question, What would be the best GPU to get on a budget ? (looking at used cards atm)

If this works out and i regain the costs on that card i would like to add a 2nd one, and so on.
I am aware of the risers that are needed  with multiple cards, and that is not a problem.

I did do a lot of reading, but most of the time people look into cards that are also power efficient and the ones they underclock the voltage, etc.
I don't care about electricity as it free.
The AMD or Nvidia choice isn't crystal clear to me as i read a lot of different stories, just as the older AMD cards that are still performing very well yet they
can be bought used for a decent price, that sounds interesting.

I would like to hear from the people with a lot of experience here what they would buy (just 1 card, free electricity) ?

Any advise is welcome !
Pages:
Jump to: