Pages:
Author

Topic: Just a remark about Bitcoin, Gold and Water... - page 3. (Read 582 times)

Activity: 734
Merit: 109
Kind of difficult to connect it that way?
Is that a figure of speech? 
How did you end up going there?
There is a lot to compare it with but I never once thought about "water".

How about data? It is the new gold of this age.
Internet is all over the world and so does bitcoin.

About data?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory
And think an ICE. It can retain its 3D figure. It means for me also - the ICE, the water can REMEMBER Cheesy - Check a path in the forest after snow...

And, if you have children - this movie is a MUST. Or?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4LMpSDccc
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
Kind of difficult to connect it that way?
Is that a figure of speech? 
How did you end up going there?
There is a lot to compare it with but I never once thought about "water".

How about data? It is the new gold of this age.
Internet is all over the world and so does bitcoin.
Water can be cheap - if it is much more, as we need, but if it isn't there, where we living, it can be very expensive also.
About clouds. Yes BOTH are stored in clouds - and BOTH has a limited amount in our Globe.
The price of the water can dramatically change also, as Bitcoin.
BOTH has some connection to the laundry...
BOTH can be stored in cold reservoirs... In cold wallets or in the Antarctica...
BOTH are well transparent, BOTH can be used anonymously, BOTH are used through whales, BOTH can be colored, ...
I hope this is a little more information. But any other opinions?
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
I do think it would help you elaborate the remark because everyone have their own opinions about how we could connect them but , more or so I do think water is not something that we can compare Bitcoins with , you cannot go outside and get some Bitcoins from the nearby Bitcoin lake and still use it 😂 .
Funny thing aside I do think it is more comparable to gold as being a store of Value which does increase and decrease with respect to time and comes with a limited supply , needs to be mined ( way differently ) but is more volatile.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
I think, Bitcoin is similar to WATER. In the Nature, there is water in the clouds, not gold Cheesy
Any opinions? Wink

I don't know what you are trying to drive out, but there are no similarities whatsoever.

Isn't it water is abundant and it is 'natural'? While bitcoin is man-made and has limited supply. So I think you got your analogy wrong in the beginning.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Well the gold often mentioned is more "shiny stuff" that lay around the surface imo, just if someone else considered it valuable.

Gold in the ancient times was on the surface of the earth and in caves... But for obvious reasons it isnt anymore. Howvere, I don't think gold has much of a purpose anymore (don't think it can do much platinum can't).

Water is also kinda worthless so the anology doesn't really follow I don't think... Most of western europe have springs and lakes that carry drinkable water (not sure about the rest of the world).
I think, Bitcoin is similar to WATER. In the Nature, there is water in the clouds, not gold Cheesy
Any opinions? Wink
Pages:
Jump to: