Pages:
Author

Topic: Just another noob wishing he jumped in the pool earlier - page 3. (Read 2966 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
OP - just sent a generous tip to each of your accounts to get you started.

j/k  Grin (my first post too and equally as noob)
Activity: 28
@shorena: what you mean with "tf2" money? Care to explain, if it is not a secret... Wink
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
yeah, read about BTC when 1 was worth ~ 13 USD. But I didnt buy any or started mining, then when they hit 100 I though well I should have bought @ 13, now I think I should have bought @ 100 ... well lets wait another year Wink

Grin Did you decide to buy any yet?

Would if I could, but I have decided to transfer my tf2 "money" to BTC after xmas.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Do you really have that many qt's on your computer?

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.

What? Name one.

Not really sure but someone told me that it happened before. I was talking about mining alt currencies from coinchoose and he (or she) told me not to download random qt's.

Quite right advice indeed. Downloading 0-day coin QT's could certainly place you at risk. This problem is further compounded by the botnet issue, which results in many legitimate non-virus containing coin programs registering as false positives on popular AV programs.

However, aside from Doge and Grain (both released within last 24 hours), the other wallets on my chain are well established and any reports of virii within would've propagated by now...or would they have?? o.0
Activity: 42
Although I am new to all of this, I can see potential to make a decent amount of pocket money from trading.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com

I do. Not sure why you would ask though, since there are now over 100 different crypto-coins currently active.

What? I was just wondering if you installed that many wallets on your computer because some crypto currencies have trojans hidden somewhere.

What? Name one.

Not really sure but someone told me that it happened before. I was talking about mining alt currencies from coinchoose and he (or she) told me not to download random qt's.
Activity: 13
Wish in one hand and buy BTC with the other, see which one fills up faster!

No reason to wish about changing the past, it can't happen.
yeah, read about BTC when 1 was worth ~ 13 USD. But I didnt buy any or started mining, then when they hit 100 I though well I should have bought @ 13, now I think I should have bought @ 100 ... well lets wait another year Wink

I still remember when they were <$1. What kills me is the years I had with my super-nice gaming rig before it died, in which it could've been making me money while 'idle.' Even at $1/coin - why wasn't I doing this???

Oh well, no need to hold on to past - we're all here now. Smiley

Here's what I'm trying to figure out - what is the USG/Fed's next move?

They could easily shut all this down just as easily as they did with online poker.

(Which, if at all the same, would mean a target date of tax day April 15 lol)

But, could they ever really shut it down? Public exchanges, sure...but bitcoin started in the underground, and I'm pretty sure driving it back there won't kill it at all.

What does anyone think about that?

What? Name one.
Activity: 50
I was unemployed when I heard about them last year. Wish I invested some of my redundancy money into mining gear. Now I am at the point where I just want some cheap hardware to mine as a hobby. I dont pay for electric, so just waiting to see if any hardware come about for a good price as I still want to make my money back in 6 months.
legendary
nahtnam.com

Grin Did you decide to buy any yet?
Activity: 85
Yeah I wish I had jumped in aswell. They took off several months after I thought they weren't going anywhere.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
Activity: 112

damn.. the other forums are really locked for new members... :/
legendary
nahtnam.com

legendary
nahtnam.com
Well if you are lucky you can win 0.20 BTC from here: http://freebitco.in/?r=3154 [Refferal, remove the "/?r=3154" if u wish not to be my refferal], i won a total of: 0.10 BTC + bits from there, its easy actually.

Check it out!  Wink

Cheers, clicked through with your referral. Won, 0.000000229 promptly lost it all on the 'multiply your btc' thing, lol.

Multiply your btc, NEVER use that, trust me it only takes your money away! almost NEVER won on that thingy, i only won 6/50 times, so do the math. Only bet 0.0000000001 if you are bored and try for the jackpot, otherwise dont use it.

Also won about nothin, managed to quadruple it up, realized it was still nothing, and quit lol.

Thanks for the good tips though all, most appreciated!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks.
Well if you are lucky you can win 0.20 BTC from here: http://freebitco.in/?r=3154 [Refferal, remove the "/?r=3154" if u wish not to be my refferal], i won a total of: 0.10 BTC + bits from there, its easy actually.

Check it out!  Wink

Cheers, clicked through with your referral. Won, 0.000000229 promptly lost it all on the 'multiply your btc' thing, lol.

Multiply your btc, NEVER use that, trust me it only takes your money away! almost NEVER won on that thingy, i only won 6/50 times, so do the math. Only bet 0.0000000001 if you are bored and try for the jackpot, otherwise dont use it.
Activity: 26

Check it out!  Wink

Pages:
Jump to: