Pages:
Author

Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game - page 85. (Read 435353 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
1) People, stop quoting trolls.

2) @dooglus: Did you get a chance to look at the (quoted below) ideas to get more traffic/widen the player base?

[...]

Volume is a bit uneven: on some days volume (even without a whale) is well above 20k, on other days it hovers around 10k. Since individual profits (on average) depend on the site volume and the total amount invested, I'd say that right now, at 50k invested vs. 10k to 20k daily volume, we're doing okay, but could do better perhaps.

Is this something you are considering, dooglus? How to increase wagering volume, by getting the site more exposure? Or implementing features to bind gamblers to the site?

I remember someone in here posted (a few pages ago) an idea about 'badges' and 'achievements' gamblers can unlock. What do you think about it? Personally, I like the idea, if it's done well and doesn't look tacky.

What else... I remember someone suggesting earlier that the Chinese market for gambling is huge. So gettin the site translated into Chinese, and advertising it, could give a boost to volume.

donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.

the maths are the proof Sad

Is that all the math you offer? Really? You're that confident in your math skills Wink

The thing is that a brownian motion model predicts similar variance to that which we have seen. The max percentage would need to be ~ a tenth what it is now to reduce variance to something more predictable.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
i just feel a little bit sorry for people still invested on the site.....

oh well guess he doesn't need other people invested now
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
can't y'all see you are getting rolled by dooglus.

Nakowa =dooglus

He's been creating fake accounts
winning
now he's invested what he's won.

oh well he kind of deserves it to pull off something so clean.
Damn, why didn't someone else already think of that
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
can't y'all see you are getting rolled by dooglus.

Nakowa =dooglus

He's been creating fake accounts
winning
now he's invested what he's won.

to be at 176,377,000+ bets and to be at .11. C'mon guys have some common sense.

oh well he kind of deserves it to pull off something so clean.
donator
Poor impulse control.
@organo:

maybe this is what you're looking for? http://www.just-dice.bitcoinproject.net/

was set up recently by a JD user called "tiCer". I think he's trying to get the older data from doog atm to implement it.

If he can get the older data, then that's just what I'm after - thanks for the link.
legendary
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
monero
@organo:

maybe this is what you're looking for? http://www.just-dice.bitcoinproject.net/

was set up recently by a JD user called "tiCer". I think he's trying to get the older data from doog atm to implement it.
donator
Poor impulse control.
After the forum was down for a week recently, I decided it makes more sense to post the weekly stats on investment amounts to the blog rather than updating the OP of this thread each week.

So here's this week's info:

http://just-dice.blogspot.ca/2013/10/investment-amounts.html

Note also that I'll be reporting the investment amounts rather than the base amounts because the whole point is to prove that I'm holding the correct amount of funds.  The base amounts are higher than the actual invested amounts after the site has lost a bunch, so they're not useful for proving lack of fractional reserve.

Thanks dooglus - I think many investors are forgetting that particular possibility. A reminder every now and then is helpful.

While I'm on the subject of "helpful", do you have a feed for the change in site profit over time? Something in the same format as https://just-dice.com/wagered.txt would be handy. I'd like to try a GARCH model for site profits, conditioned on bet volume. It might not be possible but I won't know until I give it a go Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
After the forum was down for a week recently, I decided it makes more sense to post the weekly stats on investment amounts to the blog rather than updating the OP of this thread each week.

So here's this week's info:

http://just-dice.blogspot.ca/2013/10/investment-amounts.html

Note also that I'll be reporting the investment amounts rather than the base amounts because the whole point is to prove that I'm holding the correct amount of funds.  The base amounts are higher than the actual invested amounts after the site has lost a bunch, so they're not useful for proving lack of fractional reserve.
legendary
Here's an update after this week's commission:

legendary
I was curious about how investors will have done on the site if they invested at the start and never touched their investment since.  I wasn't forward thinking enough to make such an account for myself on day 1, but just looked through the DB and found an investor who did just that:

He invested 0.0107 on the first day, and as of right now has .0111 invested.  At the end of last week he was running a small loss, so long-term investors have just broken even this week.

Investors who got in a little later when the profit was positive will likely not be in the black yet.
legendary
Dooglus runs an auction thread and the money made goes to running the site and marketing expenses. Its not pay per click or anything like that, people just bid on the next weeks spots in the auction thread.

EDIT: https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=246989

The 'advertise here' ad is just a link to the forum auction thread.
The 'seals' ad is my affiliate link - they don't pay for the ad, but they pay me when people sign up through it and play.
The 'bit365' ad is the winner of last week's auction.

Sometimes people contact me asking for a price to buy an ad for a whole month, or whatever, and sometimes we come to an arrangement.  I never run more than 5 ads in rotation at a time, so you're guaranteed to get your ad displayed at least 40% of the time the page is loaded, and usually it's 66.67% of the time.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
Two questions about the ads at the top of the site:

- are they pay per click, pay per impression, flat-rate, or what?
- were does the revenue they generate go?

This is not a complaint, just questions : )

Dooglus runs an auction thread and the money made goes to running the site and marketing expenses. Its not pay per click or anything like that, people just bid on the next weeks spots in the auction thread.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

Does anyone know if Mechs is OK... I mean, sounds like a potential suicide-risk situation...

I am also worried about this. Has anybody heard from him? Has he been on the chat?

I wonder what he is up to Undecided. Im a bit worried, Id be devasted if I lost that  Cry

Hope he is alright!
legendary
Activity: 1470
How would I know? I'm just the guy parrotting suggestions he read before and liked Tongue
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Mandarin or Cantonese?
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
good day for the profits. Site is currently +1,920 btc

Pages:
Jump to: