Pages:
Author

Topic: Just in case - page 4. (Read 502 times)

Activity: 3010
Merit: 647
September 03, 2021, 04:07:09 PM
When people talks about diversity in crypto space they only point at big projects and small projects combined but no one ever talk about their life savings, I've seen people putting all they have into crypto and yes they have more than 5 coins in their portfolio but is this the smartest move?

Personally I think the smartest move is to have some funds offline as well, if you know what diversity means then you should be smart enough bro know that nothing is guaranteed, have some money 💰💰 offline and some online (crypto and other), putting all your eggs in one basket is bad and too much of everything is also bad

There's nothing bad if we make a good plan in carrying out investments, the crypto space is often said or described about large projects or small projects, because that's how the crypto space works and gives results for people who work on it.

It's not wrong if you also have offline and online money, this can be combined both in looking for maximum value, which makes us stupid when both can not be used properly at some stage of either result.
Well, i think its really a must that we should not only make online investments but also give chances for offline investments like those stable assets that can guarantee us sure profits. Unlike crypto although its definitely a source of huge profits but the security is very slim. So we also need to diversify our investments between online and real life.

There should be savings for emergency cases because it will surely come in the most unexpected days so atleast preparing for it can prevent us from panicking.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 876
September 03, 2021, 03:51:54 PM
When people talks about diversity in crypto space they only point at big projects and small projects combined but no one ever talk about their life savings, I've seen people putting all they have into crypto and yes they have more than 5 coins in their portfolio but is this the smartest move?

Personally I think the smartest move is to have some funds offline as well, if you know what diversity means then you should be smart enough bro know that nothing is guaranteed, have some money 💰💰 offline and some online (crypto and other), putting all your eggs in one basket is bad and too much of everything is also bad

There's nothing bad if we make a good plan in carrying out investments, the crypto space is often said or described about large projects or small projects, because that's how the crypto space works and gives results for people who work on it.

It's not wrong if you also have offline and online money, this can be combined both in looking for maximum value, which makes us stupid when both can not be used properly at some stage of either result.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 269
September 03, 2021, 03:13:21 PM
According to my principles. When I decide to become a crypto investor I divide my money. I always have my needs met before I invest. And certainly we must have physical money because this is very influential in our investment journey later. If we run out of money in the middle of the journey, we are forced to take investment money. So this is why it is important to have physical money.
Activity: 277
Merit: 5
September 03, 2021, 03:12:36 PM

You say quite rightly, the investment portfolio should be much more than 5 coins, especially if you managed to jump on the DeFi boom in 2020. The main support for investments now is technological solutions, only this fact will allow investors to bring stable profits. There are many such projects now among NFTs, but projects supporting cross-chain like Solana, Near, matic have much more chances. After all, new and new sites are being built on their basis, from games to defi. Summing up, we can say that now it is imperative to look at the technological component and not only technical analysis, and of course the diversification of funds
Activity: 1582
Merit: 264
September 03, 2021, 02:59:05 PM
~
It's their decision and let them be, OP. I can imagine some people here around my area selling everything to even buy some NFTs if they can't afford to get scholarship from other people. It's not a smart move of course. You already know what your life savings are for, and you shouldn't put it into something that would give you $0 or lower than what you had invested.

Offline funds? Do you mean paper money? I mean of course, it just circles back on why you shouldn't spend it all in crypto. How guaranteed are you to buy your needs with crypto near your area?
Activity: 560
Merit: 26
September 03, 2021, 02:47:45 PM
Only a naive person will make that kind of move. There is more to life the same way there is more to investments, crypto is not the only option and I'm certain that even the microstrategy to that a lot because no one knows the future of crypto here since it's not yet fully regulated, if you put all savings in crypto and then the atmosphere becomes restricted, what comes the of the next move?
That's why it's highly recommended that savings are channel into different investments, I have not just online investments but physical too.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 585
September 03, 2021, 02:34:39 PM
It's commendable, because that's what we do, not just about online funds in crypto. Because we also have urgent needs and don't have time to sell crypto holdings, especially when prices are falling. That way, your ownership of investment funds both in crypto and non-crypto, you only need to divide it into several parts as needed.
You have good financial management that has been divided into several independent financial groups when you need urgent financial needs, but it is better to increase your non-crypto fund holdings above 60% to ensure the needs of yourself and your family in the future.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
September 03, 2021, 02:02:05 PM

It's commendable, because that's what we do, not just about online funds in crypto. Because we also have urgent needs and don't have time to sell crypto holdings, especially when prices are falling. That way, your ownership of investment funds both in crypto and non-crypto, you only need to divide it into several parts as needed.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
September 03, 2021, 01:05:24 PM
Everyone should have a shavings and investment Cap. Or we can say Virtual money is for investment and Offline money is shavings which you can spend in your urgency or Family needs. Even they need more money they should spend the virtual money for the urgency. Because you earn money for only your living life. If you can not spend your earning in your urgency irl then the money is unvalued. It have not any worth.

And I always suggest to not invest all the capital you have.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
September 03, 2021, 12:35:49 PM

No matter how many coins you have in your portfolio it doesn't mean you have to invest your savings as an investment, the investment comes from savings but you should have something in your savings for your emergency needs depends on your networth and they choose whatever coins you think that its good to be invested.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
September 03, 2021, 12:25:46 PM

Ofcourse.
People should diversify their investments. And it's better to invest more in useful projects that can stand the test of time, and less on project that aren't really safe both long or short-term.
I would encourage anyone to invest in things that did not compromise on standards to be able to succeed in the market. I believe such businesses are worse or almost at thesame level as those who failed to deliver anything. The future consequences of the compromises would prove this right.  Your minds should be more focused on good standards/principles... Projects should be useful without compromising on that.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
September 03, 2021, 12:09:59 PM
Either it was a smart decision or not but that was their choice and I think they have thought it many times before doing this. Thus, if you are not comfortable investing in crypto that was because you are doubtful of the capability of this but these people who spend more money in crypto have thought differently from you and they believe that this is the smart idea.
Well, have you thought also the investing offline or outside crypto gives you the best compared to crypto? That is the question and that people have their choice where they become guilty of trusting themselves.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
September 03, 2021, 11:54:13 AM
Everyone has their respective financial management. Most people say about their portfolios in some types of Crypto, that doesn't mean they don't have a portfolio other than Crypto, because here is the Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency forum so they only talk about their Crypto assets / portfolios, maybe if you can meet directly or communicate on the another forum that more general, They will also share their portfolio for more general. What is the percentage of the portfolio in Crypto and what percentage of the portfolio is in another case, then the percentage is divided into several parts.

After all, the results of Crypto are always enjoyed in the real world. Don't forget, on the Exchange there is always a deposit button and withdrawal, use both well.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 737
September 03, 2021, 11:42:14 AM

My cryptocurrency savings are completely separate from the money I'm using on a daily basis. I recently acknowledged what you're saying, except the diversification of portfolio. Funds should also be allocated in different sources/wallets. I had all my funds from DeFi (Expect Bitcoin of course) in one wallet/account on Metamask, my account was compromised and risked losing everything.

Taught me a lesson, I'm now trying to allocate my assets within 2-3 wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 03, 2021, 11:37:14 AM
You should have an emergency fund with you in any case.
And about saving, I think it's better to put them into crypto than on saving account. Yes, there are larger risks involved and if you don't want to risk all of it in crypto due to price fluctuation, future of individual crypto or risk of hack or phishing attack, we do have more established business with multi key wallets and custodial insurance that provides larger interest than on bank. You can diversify your saving into them and other trading pairs or staking coins.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
September 03, 2021, 11:33:34 AM
Actually, this step is smart enough to do as long as what he holds are good coins, but the risk is still there and not small, so this certainly needs adjustments in a more mature direction.

Not everyone is like that, and maybe what you see is a beginner who is new to the cryptocurrency space and doesn't have many responsibilities in his life so he dares to put all his assets into the cryptocurrency space, even though separating some assets into several parts is very important like 60% into cryptocurrency and 20% in the bank and another 20% in offline.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 412
September 03, 2021, 11:32:32 AM
Yes diversification is allocating your investment fund to different crypto or other financial markets. You can take some of that money from life savings but never all.

You can choose one crypto if you don't have much to invest then increase accordingly as your investment fund grows bigger.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 824
September 03, 2021, 11:24:29 AM
It's open for interpretation, I mean for me, diversification means means you have investments of different assets, meaning you can have crypto, stocks, or even gold and real state.

But as we only talk crypto here, so obviously, it's means dividing your capital to bitcoin and then mostly altcoins. And I would assume that majority could have 60% or more on BTC and the rest spread across solid and established altcoins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
September 03, 2021, 11:18:37 AM

Pages:
Jump to: