Pages:
Author

Topic: Just one currency - page 2. (Read 448 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 19, 2018, 07:31:12 AM
Cryptocurrency definitely has all criteria and potential to make "one currency" happen. Unfortunately banks and govs don't seem too willing to see that happen and are planning their respective cryptocurrencies.

In order for a single currency to really happen, banks' and govs' upcoming cryptos must fail.
Activity: 42
November 19, 2018, 06:24:35 AM
One currency would rock the whole world off balance I think. At least right now. However if more institutions would accept virtual money we might have better luck. Otherwise if we give one "usual" currency to all the countries, it value will probably drop and it would create a loooooot of problems.
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
November 15, 2018, 08:30:14 AM
I only travel outside the country maybe 3 to 4 times a year but whenever I do I wish there is just one currency that I could use whether it is "real" money or virtual money. I just think it would be more efficient if there is one common currency since the world is getting smaller anyway and traveling the world has been in vogue for quite some time now. I can use my credit card, yes, but it often makes me wonder how much money would I be charged at the end of the billing period if say the currency exchange changes a lot from the time I swiped my credit card. And well, I just don't want the bank charges. Is there a possibility for a crypto to be able to provide this service? 

The beautiful part of the cryptocurrency is that every business can create their own microeconomy with their token/coin. You are not dependent on single currency and its set of rules. In the long run this still creates a centralized power no matter what. If you have multiple currencies and can exchange them easily via any exchange than that would be perfect. You don't like how company X is dictating the pace and rules? Use Company Y and their currency if it suits you better.

It might seem that 1 currency would solve problems, but that would just create a dictatorship like you have it now with central banks controlling almost everything by just printing more money.

The way I see it, if there are thousands of currencies out there, you can choose whichever is best for you. If you don't like it, just exchange it for another currency fast and easy on any exchange online.

That is how the future should look like.

Each company has its own microeconomy and not the governments.
Activity: 60
November 15, 2018, 08:19:53 AM
I like where your going here I guess this is where cryptos come in.
Activity: 3
November 14, 2018, 09:30:17 PM
I only travel outside the country maybe 3 to 4 times a year but whenever I do I wish there is just one currency that I could use whether it is "real" money or virtual money. I just think it would be more efficient if there is one common currency since the world is getting smaller anyway and traveling the world has been in vogue for quite some time now. I can use my credit card, yes, but it often makes me wonder how much money would I be charged at the end of the billing period if say the currency exchange changes a lot from the time I swiped my credit card. And well, I just don't want the bank charges. Is there a possibility for a crypto to be able to provide this service? 
I think traveling outside the country 3 to 4x a year is already more than the average. I'm lucky if I get to do that once a year. Anyway, yes it would be great if there one currency that could be used anywhere. A private company may be able to do that if they have a lot of capital and influence in their hands. They could partner with the largest corporations so that their currency could be adopted worldwide. A crypto company would be a logical choice.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
November 14, 2018, 08:59:51 PM
Maybe this should go to the Economy thread. But yes, I get where you're coming from. I think it is safe to say that we all want to pay things for the price that is listed from the time that we bought it. Maybe a crypto could do this in the future.
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
November 14, 2018, 08:35:41 PM
Pages:
Jump to: