Pages:
Author

Topic: Juventus Football Club Will Launch Its Own Token! - page 2. (Read 429 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://cryptocoin.news/news/juventus-football-club-goes-tokenized-20469/

It looks like more football clubs are joining in Smiley excited to see if they'll implement their tokens as a payment method for merchandise or perhaps even tickets!
Yeah, I heard about the news. Juventus is not the first football club to release its tokens. I think this is the right decision that will make it easier for fans to communicate with the club. Now fans will be able to participate in surveys, buy tickets for tokens. Wow!
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Does it really become a reality?

I'm glad that it was the Italian club that first released its token!

Juventus Football Club will be able to win the Champions League next year and loudly declare its coin
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
I'm not even surprised. Yesterday was news that the French club PSG will make tokens for fans. Now the Italian club. I think tomorrow will be England and then it will already be a fan attribute.
Activity: 392
DeepOnion, a new dream.
Good news but not something big actually. Also, it is planned and who knows whether it will be launched or not. Again, it has nothing to do with our usual cryptocurrency.
Are the sources official or trusted, by the way?
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
This is amazing, I also read that Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) is also planning to do so. This is good new, if all sports can adopt cryptocurrency then we are not far from mass adoption.
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
1. Transparency
2. Voting rights
3. Fast payments
4. Maybe fundraising for transfers
5. They want to attract people from this space, bec it is obv the future.
6. Engaging with unbanked fans from all over the world

And every single one of those points can be done without the use of blockchain or a token. Just because something can use blockchain, doesn't mean it should. Projects like this one and 99% of altcoins and tokens, that are using blockchain just because it's a "buzz-word" to get people excited, that have no legitimate need or use for blockchain technology, are simply a marketing gimmick targeted at the naive and the stupid.

Isn't the goal that blockchain should take over every industry?

No.

If you lack vision and don't understand basic things like technology is for everyone to use and on top of that call people naive and stupid just because they don't share your opinion, then i think the discussion should end here.

Blockchain's purpose is mainly to cut out the middleman, and this is what they want to achive here (i guess).
Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

It looks like more football clubs are joining in Smiley excited to see if they'll implement their tokens as a payment method for merchandise or perhaps even tickets!
sounds promising, because football lovers around the world and football are the most favorite sports. but I'm not sure these tokens will be successful in the global market. because tokens like this might only be of interest to supporters and the community.
Activity: 686
that a great news. football is the most popular sport in world and thats a huge community, so thats a huge positive news for crypto. that will help to spread around the world about crypto currency and also increase trust about digital currencies
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
I see nothing wrong with this as long as it attracts some more investment for the club, make their projects more transparent and participatory. But a Footballing club launching its own Cryptocurrency will likely make government people  mad. I mean, how will they even  get the club taxed? Will they tolerate outside( non-citizens), investors, will it be a privacy coin? Don't mess with them government with this one lol

I see some extra important use case for the Club coin though, like for online gaming, predictions thing, gambling, lottery, shopping, tourism, ticketing, donation...

Players and supporters could be so emotionally attached to such coin that it begins to piss off the governments.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
the news is good enough I guess. This will make it increasingly feels have Crypto functions and the benefits are obvious. the existence of this news will certainly increasingly make crypto in order increase, especially in terms of value. This makes it increasingly sure that Crypto will have a good future and will order a considerable development in the next few years later.
Activity: 313
Wow! This is a good one and this will be the first time I will hear that a football club is interest and willing to participate in crypto. I believe if they should launch their ICO, I see a great success emanating from it and I personally will look forward to investing in it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
1. Transparency
2. Voting rights
3. Fast payments

And every single one of those points can be done without the use of blockchain or a token. Just because something can use blockchain, doesn't mean it should. Projects like this one and 99% of altcoins and tokens, that are using blockchain just because it's a "buzz-word" to get people excited, that have no legitimate need or use for blockchain technology, are simply a marketing gimmick targeted at the naive and the stupid.

No.
Activity: 476
Crypto in every aspect of live and will soon take over all sorts of transactions as Juventus is planning to have their own token. This news is awesome and welcome. The team is a forward looking team for them to identify the potentials of cryptocurrency . The token will be used as payments for their tickets and all others of the teams  merchandise like jersey( top) and other items. It will really make sense for them to vie off to the crypto direction and if they will succeed in this experiment the other clubs will take a cue from them amd experiment their own token.
Activity: 753

This is great news for fans of football, namely for fans of the Juventus team. This is not the first football club that creates its coin. I hope crypto currency will be used in different sports.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
Why, though? What do they need to use blockchain technology for, let alone launch their own token? To "improve the engagement with its fans" and "expand their global audience", according to the article? So basically they admit they are just using it as a marketing campaign?

It's shit coins like this that make crypto look like a scam and turn away people who are genuinely interested. There is literally no reason that they need to launch a token. And then you get a bunch of people on here all parroting "amazing" and "good news". What a joke.

First of all it is not a coin, it's a token.
As per why would they use the technology..

1. Transparency
2. Voting rights
3. Fast payments
just saying.

It is laughable when people like you call jokes on people who are used to handle billions of $$$. They are people who make tons of money, they always have a reason behind what they are doing.

I agree with the points you mentioned. There are so many possibilities with the use of tokens. I would like to add the idea that perhaps the token could replace a ticket. You just show your token on your mobile phone at the arena instead of a ticket and you may enter. Your token becomes an e-ticket.
Activity: 378
Honestly, I can't understand why some football club has its own cryptocurrency? Will they sell and buy players for their tokens? Or they will have it in the form of shares of the company?
Activity: 812
Merit: 124
Why, though? What do they need to use blockchain technology for, let alone launch their own token? To "improve the engagement with its fans" and "expand their global audience", according to the article? So basically they admit they are just using it as a marketing campaign?

It's shit coins like this that make crypto look like a scam and turn away people who are genuinely interested. There is literally no reason that they need to launch a token. And then you get a bunch of people on here all parroting "amazing" and "good news". What a joke.

Why would they use the technology..

1. Transparency
2. Voting rights
3. Fast payments
just saying.

It is laughable when people like you call jokes on people who are used to handle billions of $$$. They are people who make tons of money, they always have a reason behind what they are doing.

How would this drive away people from crypto? There are hundred of millions of sport fans with billions of $$$ to spent. The rise of this type of utility tokens is exactly the exposure that crypto needs.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

I don't think this is good for the crypto market as this is purely a marketing gimmick, and has no real store value for it's investors, people shall buy this but won't get any kind of return and in short period of time they'll end this, and people shall leave in bad faith. I feel this kind of experiments will damage cryptos name, I do hope people are wise and stay away from such marketing gimmicks, or else they'll end up with a token but no price value, or a store value.
Activity: 658
I am not surprised by news like this because Juventus is not the only football club that works with one of the crypto currencies. in addition to Juventus, Arsenal has first collaborated with crypto currencies as one of the sponsors of the football club
Activity: 602
I don't see any real purpose usage of this coin..it's just a marketing campaign... why do they need blockchain for sell merchandise?
Pages:
Jump to: