Pages:
Author

Topic: KakaoTalk to integrate a cryptocurrency wallet on app - page 4. (Read 713 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
I am not so sure that it will be good or popular, but if they do more and better promotions there will be good progress, given that I know that Kakaotalk is not too popular now with not too many users, but I still appreciate what they make it in the future, hopefully it can reach its maximum point with genuine development, I will always listen.
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
In the past few months, I did notice that most korean cryptocurrency giveaways requires kakaotalk so maybe they finally decided to work on cryptocurrency since they are already an established messaging app and might need to integrate their own cryptocurrency within it's network. I am from the Philippines and I have never used Kakaotalk as we use messenger from facebook so I don't have the whole picture how kakaotalk works.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Kakaotalk is the most used messaging platform during my old days of online gaming. But now, the most used are Discord, Telegram and FB Messenger. Well then, looks like they are still the most used on other genres as what we can see on their user stats.

Back to crypto thing, honestly it was a great move. It just shows that many companies at different industry is recognizing crypto more. If ever implemented, surely other competitors will think of implementing it too. It will also contribute to the crypto awareness.

Let's not be negative here and just wait for the output.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I think Kakaotalk focuses only in some countries that's why they can't be matched with some other large messaging apps.
Well, these geographically oriented platforms are quite important for adoption considering that competitors like whatsapp aren't allowed to operate everywhere. This is how you reach every spot of the world.

I think that with time, even the Chinese government will have to admit that they can't stop Bitcoin and open up more instead of trying to shut down and ban everything. People think China is out of crypto, but they aren't.

It wouldn't even surprise me if China is still leading in terms of being the country with the most crypto related users. It's not for nothing that weird Asian exchanges became so popular. Chinese traders use them.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
It is nice to see that a big company in South Korea its major step and integrating cryptocurrency in their messaging app. I think they are trying to compete with the Facebook messenger.

South Korea together with Japan has been leading the way for crypto specially in the Asian region so I'm not surprised by the news. I'd say Kakao is mostly popular in Asia only so this is a big step for them to integrate crypto (if the news is true) and probably wanted to complete on the global scale since crypto is slowly gaining some grounds this year. Just recently, Samsung integrate a built in wallet for crypto, so definitely, there a lot of thing going on in crypto sphere and Kakao seized this opportunity to maybe became competitive with other message apps out there.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 390
Kakaotalk maybe is the South Korean's biggest messaging application but I dont think it is one of the most popular app worldwide. As what I heard, they are going to have their own Blockchain network called Klatyn. I'm not really sure if it will be a success project but I think it will be more hype if the app that is going to integrate crypto wallet is Whatsapp which is the number one used messaging app all around the world.

I understand where you are coming from but South Korean people is one of the most active nation in Asia in using cryptocurrencies, with that being said I think it's a good move for Kakaotalk to continue their idea.

Whatsapp is indeed a well known messaging app in the world with billion of users but it started small also just before just like Kakaotalk, who knows maybe Kakaotalk would be the next big thing if they implement the integration of cryptocurrency wallet on their platform.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I think Kakaotalk focuses only in some countries that's why they can't be matched with some other large messaging apps. However with this kind of news or rumors as said, we can't still say that they will integrate a wallet soon.

If there's other reliable news that can be put on the table verifying this it would be great. But if this is ever true, it's still large adoption coming because the number of users they have is still large enough to gain demand.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
It is nice to see that a big company in South Korea its major step and integrating cryptocurrency in their messaging app. I think they are trying to compete with the Facebook messenger.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Kakaotalk maybe is the South Korean's biggest messaging application but I dont think it is one of the most popular app worldwide. As what I heard, they are going to have their own Blockchain network called Klatyn. I'm not really sure if it will be a success project but I think it will be more hype if the app that is going to integrate crypto wallet is Whatsapp which is the number one used messaging app all around the world.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
KakaoTalk still discussing to integrate a cryptocurrency wallet functions to KakaoTalk, but nothing is confirmed yet.

I read at
“It’s true that we are [internally] discussing whether we will add cryptocurrency wallet functions to KakaoTalk, but nothing is confirmed yet.”

So, it still needs time before the user of KakaoTalk can use cryptocurrency in those apps. It will be a long time before they can get one vote to integrate with cryptocurrency. But this is good news for cryptocurrency user because it will help crypto to spread up in the KakaoTalk user. So, let's wait for the next information from them.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
Not sure I would call them "one of the most popular". It has less than 50 million active monthly users, compared to WhatsApp's 1.5 billion, Facebook Messenger's 1.3 billion and iMessage's 1 billion. It's certainly big in South Korea and Southeast Asia, but it has a very limited global presence.

Still, it's nice to see they seem to be thinking of integrating a bitcoin or multi-coin wallet, as opposed to launching their own centralized scam coin like Facebook and many other large companies are planning.
In terms of users kakaoTalk stands behind the popular whatsapp, Facebook and other social networking applications. At the same time it is the one that's been making an advancement integrating a crypto wallet to the application. This could help them out in reaching out of South Korea which is its major market right now.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
Not sure I would call them "one of the most popular". It has less than 50 million active monthly users, compared to WhatsApp's 1.5 billion, Facebook Messenger's 1.3 billion and iMessage's 1 billion. It's certainly big in South Korea and Southeast Asia, but it has a very limited global presence.

Still, it's nice to see they seem to be thinking of integrating a bitcoin or multi-coin wallet, as opposed to launching their own centralized scam coin like Facebook and many other large companies are planning.
Activity: 186
Merit: 12
One of the most popular messaging/chat application today, KakaoTalk, is reported to be in deliberation for possible integration of a crypto wallet.

Full article here: https://www.unblock.news/news/kakaotalk-integrate-cryptocurrency-wallet-app
Pages:
Jump to: