Pages:
Author

Topic: karma - page 2. (Read 3953 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
August 10, 2014, 09:41:02 PM
I don't think it's real in RL but on reddit it's fucking real.

On reddit everything is "real".

I think karma is a nice way to maipulate yourself, but if it improves a person, why not?
Activity: 430
Agent of Chaos
August 10, 2014, 07:58:19 PM
I don't think it's real in RL but on reddit it's fucking real.
Activity: 307
et rich or die tryi
August 10, 2014, 05:33:28 PM
I kinda think it is a thing.
I mean, if you are nice to people they are nice back correct? i think karma (if it exists) would just be a extension of that effect.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
August 10, 2014, 04:46:39 PM
woah,woah,woah

let me settle this using physics

3rd Newtons law of motion

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

boom

karma!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 10, 2014, 04:33:43 PM
If you do good things you won't get something good back everytime but it's more likely some good things may come to you.
If you do bad things you won't everytime get something bad in return but it's more likely something bad may happen because of your behaviour.

Isn't that what religions/cults tell you so that you donate your wealth to them too?
And after doing something bad, they could "heal" you from it, obviously for some donations Wink

This whole concept is nice to manipulate people...

Actually, everybody has religion. Essentially, a person's religion is what he believes. And what he believes is reflected in what he does. Formal religions are simply massed groupings of folks who believe similarly in some major ways.

As far as the religion about God, the evidences for God are all around us. For example, a tree. Nobody can make a tree. The marvels of its life and coming together and procreation are too great to understand, to say nothing about making one. Yet modern science is learning about how trees live and procreate. Science is showing us that trees (and all life, really) are like fantastically complicated machines. Machines have makers.

The maker of life is the thing that we call God. We call Him God because that is the simple word that the dictionary gives the attributes of someone able to make all the machinery of the universe.

Now, if you tell me that this all came about by accident, randomly over millions of years, show me anything that can be shown that it was made greater by entropy. Yet entropy is the only real thing that is happening all around us regularly all the time. God, whatever He is, got this whole thing started using powers and abilities way beyond what it takes to keep it going.

If you don't like the dictionary definition of God, see if you can find another word that fits the marvels of machinery that we see in the universe around us. There really isn't any. God is probably the best.

Smiley
August 10, 2014, 01:55:18 PM
If you do good things you won't get something good back everytime but it's more likely some good things may come to you.
If you do bad things you won't everytime get something bad in return but it's more likely something bad may happen because of your behaviour.

Isn't that what religions/cults tell you so that you donate your wealth to them too?
And after doing something bad, they could "heal" you from it, obviously for some donations Wink

This whole concept is nice to manipulate people...
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
August 10, 2014, 01:51:24 PM
Activity: 165
August 10, 2014, 01:26:28 PM
I don't believe in karma, but if you go around hurting people it'll come back on you eventually, but that's not karma.

Karma is the nature of god within a dualistic universe.  It is the essence of nature, interdependant with the environment around it.

Every action has a reaction whether you understand karma or not.  If you believe on Newton's third law, you believe in karma.

What horrible things did you do to end up homeless then?Huh
You must have killed some1!

I think he scammed someone. Check his trust.
Activity: 280
Relax!
August 10, 2014, 01:22:09 PM
my neighbor was just talking to me about paying it forward. he believes if you help others good things happen for you and if you do bad it comes back to you.

what do you guys think?

Karma is awesome, man. It connects everyone and everything nice we do will reflect upon ourselves and come back multiplied. If we do something bad, we will get our deserved punishment, it's the universe's way of retaining balance. It's real, for sure!
August 10, 2014, 11:23:36 AM
Karma is the nature of god within a dualistic universe.  It is the essence of nature, interdependant with the environment around it.

Every action has a reaction whether you understand karma or not.  If you believe on Newton's third law, you believe in karma.

What horrible things did you do to end up homeless then?Huh
You must have killed some1!
Activity: 138
August 10, 2014, 05:39:08 AM
Instant karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you right in the head
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
August 10, 2014, 05:02:51 AM
I think It exists.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
August 09, 2014, 10:44:16 PM

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 09, 2014, 10:38:15 PM
I do belive in it.

+ there is a special kind of "instant karma" which is basically justice served right there and then Cheesy
thats the best kinda karma  Grin Grin
August 09, 2014, 10:15:57 PM
Actually, karma is not real. What we call karma is really a God Who is so absolutely great, that He can react with each of us individually all the time, and all of us at the same time, including knowing EVERYTHING in the whole universe, and holding it all in place.

Smiley

So you are saying one madeup concept is not true by claiming another one made up concept is?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
August 09, 2014, 10:12:54 PM
it's very easy to dismiss something your body can't sense but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

gravity is a great example of this.

My body can sense gravity!   Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 09, 2014, 04:36:33 PM
Actually, karma is not real. What we call karma is really a God Who is so absolutely great, that He can react with each of us individually all the time, and all of us at the same time, including knowing EVERYTHING in the whole universe, and holding it all in place.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
August 08, 2014, 11:21:34 PM
maybe it will happen later in life when you really need it? maybe it follows you after life?

it's very easy to dismiss something your body can't sense but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

gravity is a great example of this.
Activity: 280
August 08, 2014, 11:14:23 PM
Not really sure why I believe in it anymore. I don't lie/steal/cheat/hate... and I help people in the real world and ask for nothing in return. Under this karma fantasy, one would think good things would happen to me in return. Well, hasn't happened yet. Hell, I never even sued anyone before even though I've had reason. I can't help but wonder... am I missing out on my good karma?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
August 08, 2014, 11:05:40 PM
I want to believe in Karma so I do. It makes me fell better when people do bad things.
Pages:
Jump to: