Pages:
Author

Topic: Kaspersky Discoveres New Cryptocurrency Stealing Trojan Called CrryptoShuffler - page 2. (Read 404 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Thats one kind of malware aiming to crypto currency owners. This is probably the easiest form of malware to implement.
I think there are more dangerous malwares in the wild. Starting from wallet.dat stealer (which also is pretty easy to implement)
up to a tool which reads out the memory for private keys or any usable dumps which tries to push TX instant when a private key is found anywhere.
The only way to be safe from that is to use a 1) Paper wallet or a 2) Hardware wallet. A hardware wallet provides enough security, so that
private keys can't be exported and with double checking address (when approving the transaction).
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
Well a very well Known fact about Viruses and malwares are ^ They are created by the companies owning an antivirus software.. Its their marketing strategy.. first create a plague and then let the others pay for being safe from it .. Its what I learned in my ethical hacking workshop and its literally the only thing that I remember 😂.

Not always the case. Majority of crypto-related virus/malwares come from "black-hat" hackers. Some come in the form of ransomware, while some as clipboard manipulator. Although the first one is quite harmless since a simple hard-reset will bring back everything to normal while the latter one is scary as it will alter a copied bitcoin address and change it into their receiving addresses. An unaware user will definitely fall for it.

These kind of viruses will definitely not be a marketing strategy for ethical hackers working under Antivirus companies. Although I agree, sometimes they do release some false malware reports which aren't even real in the first place.   
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
Well a very well Known fact about Viruses and malwares are ^ They are created by the companies owning an antivirus software.. Its their marketing strategy.. first create a plague and then let the others pay for being safe from it .. Its what I learned in my ethical hacking workshop and its literally the only thing that I remember 😂.

Well since cryptocurrency market is going big and increasing at a very fast rate thus its attracting all kinds of attention from everywhere this..thing was meant to be sooner or later..
I think we really only do need to care about our wallets.. an offline wallet is highly preferable over an online one also people who will invest in B2X needs to be extremely careful since.. the B2X will be more suspectable to such malwares and viruse's attacks..
All we need to do is to keep our wallets secure..private key in hand and..also ! First do a full research on the wallet that we are thinking of entrusting our bitcoins in .. rest is something that can't be harmed because there isn't any body controlling it.. who else the virus can target.?
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
Researchers at the Kaspersky Lab have recently discovered a new malware named CryptoShuffler Trojan that is being used by cybercriminals to steal cryptocurrencies from a user’s wallet. What this malware does is that it replaces the user’s wallet address by its own in their devices.

Kaspersky – The Russia-based cybersecurity company has claimed that the cybercriminals are targeting popular cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, ZCash, Dash, Monero with a target of stealing 23 BTC worth nearly $100,000. Smiley
Careless people who don't know how to secure their device will always be the victim of these malwares. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and all are based on blockchain technology so there is no chance for them to have access and steal coins inside it, that is why hackers and malwares are attacking the platforms and wallets we are using. If your not confident that your device is not infected by any virus or malwares then always double check your address before making any transactions, I always do this even though I'm confident that my computer is malware free.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
This is not a good thing for virtual currencies.Malware is not the focus, but people and the media have focused on the virtual cryptocurrency as a tool for people to think of virtual currencies as criminals.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Researchers at the Kaspersky Lab have recently discovered a new malware named CryptoShuffler Trojan that is being used by cybercriminals to steal cryptocurrencies from a user’s wallet. What this malware does is that it replaces the user’s wallet address by its own in their devices.

Kaspersky – The Russia-based cybersecurity company has claimed that the cybercriminals are targeting popular cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, ZCash, Dash, Monero with a target of stealing 23 BTC worth nearly $100,000. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: