Pages:
Author

Topic: Keep all crypto in trading platforms or wallets? - page 2. (Read 1763 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
I prefer to keep all of my cryptos on a trading platform because if the market isn’t in a good condition, I can sell them immediately without waiting. If you want to save coin in the wallet, save it in coinomi.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Time have proven that exchanges are not the best place to store cryptos. There have been series of hacks even in reputable exchanges such as Binance. So anyone considering leaving all his fortune in trading platforms is doing so at his own peril.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
We have lots of cryptocurrency trading platform these days and it seem everything is going on fine as there are less issue of cryptocurrency exchange going offline and carting away trader's fund. The safe practice with any exchange is to never leave your fund on any!
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
Crypto has high volatilitas and the price can be going up 10 times just in amonth and going down again to bottom price, so i personal prefer to keep all crypto on the exchanges , and to minimize risk i devide all crypto in to 5 different exchanges. This way to make more money and avoid big risk from high fluctuacion.
Activity: 909
Merit: 508
To keep cryptos in trading platforms implies several risks like for example:
- The platform gets hacked and funds oftenly are not insured.
- The platform can cheat you.
- The platform becomes bankrupt by mismanagement or unlucky circumstances.
- The TOS of some trading platforms don't allow to keep funds there without trading.
Also keeping funds on wallets is not without risk especially for newbies.
Mostly loosing private keys/seeds can cause loss of funds.
The best is to use more than one wallet and only keep money at trading platforms, which are active used for trading. Also use more than one trading platform.
Activity: 196
You can decide on the one that would favour you the most. If you are a constant trader, you need to keep your coins on an exchange and if you are a long term trader, you need to keep your coins in a wallet.
Activity: 476
it's better that you store the cryptocurrency assets that you have stored in a special wallet and have very high security because if you store assets on a trading platform it will have a very high risk of losing assets you have.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
it depends to you bro, if you want do some trade, for example once time a week, so you can puy which coin you want to trade in exchange.
but if you just want to hold long term better save it on your wallet.
Activity: 179
Well, it’s only my opinion, but I think that it’s better to keep all crypto on a hardware wallet. Who can argue that it’s risky to keep all your coins on exchange, everybody knows that it might be hacked. But sure, there are several secure exchanges, where you can keep some of your coins.
So, if it’s way more convenient for you to keep some crypto on exchange, then you need to take several aspects into consideration.
So, there are several things, that you need to check before making a decision whether to keep your funds on the exchange or not: read reviews, check if it provides you with a possibility to select two-factor authentication (2FA), and if it has SSL and DSS certificates, etc. I’ve chosen cex.io, but you shouldn’t trust my or anyone else’s opinion – do your own research.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
I'm not good at trading so I kept all the coins in wallet, because I like long-term investment. I do not feel secure putting them in trading floors because they are easy to hack
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
I think you should not keep all the coins in this exchanger to avoid losing all your coins if the exchanger is a scam.
Use hard wallet
Activity: 700
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
I think it's best when your altcoin or bitcoin stores it on your wallet because if you use an exchanger and there you hide your coin there is a possibility to lose it because it does not trade in other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
If you have a bigger portfolio like more than 1-2 BTC then I would suggest you to buy Trezor or Ledger. Its the safest at this moment and recommended for long term.
Activity: 50
All depends on how often you are trading or needing to trade because you don't want to get stuck in situations where your capital is all offline in hardware wallets and then wait to send funds to your exchange account(s) and miss opportunities.

Best thing to do is keep a certain amount of capital needed in the exchange to avoid delays if you need to execute something quickly. Everything else should remain offline always unless your only dealing with small amount of course.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
if you keep all your cryptocurrency better you can save it in the wallet because if you save it on the trading platform or where the exchange will be very terrible and can make you lose the assets you have.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
Wallet is meant to store our crypto currencies for long term but the trading platform is just to only deposit and withdraw at the time of trading so now we have answer where we have to store all our crpyots!
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I keep all of my coins in my wallet, and I suggest that you also save into your wallet, because it is very risky to save it in the stock exchange for a long time, the market is only for quick trading
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
You can hold it your wallet for more safe but if you want to hold it in the exchanges site. Holding a coin go exhanges site have advatanges because once the coin up you cannot wait to confirm the transaction before you sell it and in wallet if the coin increase you will wait the confirmation before use it.

I suggest better to have coin in your wallet to exchanges site wallet incase you need it and avoiding losing it while in exchanges site.

Other people have different strategy how they hold their coin on they safety.
Activity: 16
Wallets, of course! And I mean cold / hardware wallets, they're the best.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
Two options are here, when you want to trade fast according to signals that are would be to have money on exchange wallet, but more secure is to have on offline wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: