Pages:
Author

Topic: Keep your loss at an acceptable level - page 4. (Read 1343 times)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
July 11, 2020, 05:13:16 AM
Meaning, in every loss it was an equivalent of new level of learning, isn't it right?

Treating trading like this where you are always willing to adjust and you have positive
thinking even mistakes and losses happened to you.
Just don't give up and keep trying to find the right skills  to position yourself in a much
comfortable place while doing business.
Keep enhancing and adjusting will really gives you bigger chance to succeed from this
venue of business.
Activity: 685
Merit: 250
July 11, 2020, 04:40:04 AM
As an individual traders in cryptocurrency we must be willing to take risk at all cost every time we do trade in the
actual exchange platform site anyway. We also must accept too that loss will be most often we may face in reality thing happens
compared of winning in trading. Meaning, in every loss it was an equivalent of new level of learning, isn't it right?
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
July 11, 2020, 04:22:54 AM
Whenever you buy an altcoins, it is better if we will have stop loss strategy in order for us to have acceptable losses, all of the professional traders are using this kind of strategy because it is really important. Do you want to have a portfolio that is -20% and more?  Of course not,  if we want to minimize our losses then stop loss strategies is what we need. It is easy to understand and to study as long as we are committed to learn it.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
July 11, 2020, 01:49:59 AM
What a trader should not do is to be aggressive about loses and be desperate to recover it. Trading involves losing and gaining. A good trader just to have more gains than losses. This way you won't need to lose more by trying to recover your loses.
I agree there's no need to desperately recover what you have lost, take it easy and have a concrete strategy on your next plan.

Losing is inevitable, even pro traders are not exempted to it but we can minimize our chances to have losses if we have a plan and not rushing.

Just keep in mind that its normal to lose sometimes what matter is you're not discourage to try again and do better.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 11, 2020, 12:12:48 AM
of course you can avoid it if you do research on coins to be bought, we take the example of a very high doge recently, the price increase is linked to tiktok, from there people can predict or conclude that this coin will rise or not, indeed there are only 2 choices up or down, but the percentage will be much different.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 10, 2020, 11:48:05 PM
professional traders never think about what kind of market is right now. they simply follow technical analysis and they are constantly looking for entry points to different tools. the trader always earns.
In trading don't associate yourself with emotions because this can definitely hot your trading feelings. Sometimes, I heard about this from a professional that, keep your emotions alway while carry-on your trade to avoid running into necessary lose. Stick to your plans for you to avoid regret.
It's too hard for you to remove emotions from trading, but if you can do it, I believe you will succeed in this market and receive a lot of profits when investing. I have been trading for almost 3 years but I am always driven by emotions, which has made me often make bad decisions that lead to losses.
Activity: 952
Merit: 27
July 10, 2020, 11:41:58 PM
I have not seen a trader that do not lose sometimes, i may be new to the forum but been learning before now. it has nothing to do with sentiments but traders have to learn to accept trades the way it is, without attributing loss to any factors; as it leads to more rekts.

Always accept the market as it is without blaming any factors.
Always dyor too

The first thing that an investor and a trader should learn is to only invest what they can afford to lose, there is no shortcut to that, no traders wins everytime losses are imminent, it's something that cannot be avoided, if we invest only what we can afford to lose, we can move on, learned a lot and make the right decision next time.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
July 10, 2020, 07:45:20 PM
You have a point, a professional will only try to minimize his/her loss and make sure profit is more than loss, I believe in cryptocurrency loss is inevitable, especially for traders, but something is sure, success is sure for an experience trader.
If these traders have a lot of experience and they will never take a big rate as the point to sell. We must remember if the crypto trend can change anytime based on the sentiment that has already happened in the market. It can also be dumped instantly. The trader must use the feature that will decrease their risk
Activity: 258
Merit: 32
July 10, 2020, 07:03:55 PM
professional traders never think about what kind of market is right now. they simply follow technical analysis and they are constantly looking for entry points to different tools. the trader always earns.
In trading don't associate yourself with emotions because this can definitely hot your trading feelings. Sometimes, I heard about this from a professional that, keep your emotions alway while carry-on your trade to avoid running into necessary lose. Stick to your plans for you to avoid regret.
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
July 10, 2020, 05:41:18 PM
What a trader should not do is to be aggressive about loses and be desperate to recover it. Trading involves losing and gaining. A good trader just to have more gains than losses. This way you won't need to lose more by trying to recover your loses.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
July 10, 2020, 04:12:15 PM
Who says other factors cannot contribute to a bad trade, if you have traded for a long time, you will realize that trading is not entirely in your hands, so identifying those factors and calling a spade what it is isn't a bad idea. 

Shifting blame is a characteristic common to many people. I don't think it is really a bad thing, to some it's a way of not feeling too down and depressed.

What works for you may not work for others, so if shifting blame to other factors works, let them continue. Not transferring blame after a trade is a characteristic exclusive to robots.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
July 10, 2020, 03:59:25 PM
It is not always easy for some people to stop chasing losses, that is the problem. This exists in crypto gambling world as well, some people make excessive losses and they end up continue that losses with more gambling yet they can't stop because they believe "eventually my luck will turn". Same goes for traders, they find some coins and they think it will 100x somehow, didn't before they invested but for some reason it will right after they invest, it keeps going down and they sometimes even buy in more because they think if it was going up when they got, it will certainly go up now that it is even lower.

There is really no way we could stop those people, they will do whatever they think is right for them and they will find a way to lose even more money than they already lost.

So true, very valid points. This is the more reason why if I'm not investing in a coin for very long term, but for short term or mid term trading purpose, I must use stop limit at the next support level. Some people do not think about the negative aspect of buying a coin especially newbie traders, they just believe any coin with hype for instance will pump hard. However, if I'm investing long term on a coin, I invest what I can afford to lose.
Activity: 616
July 10, 2020, 03:05:12 PM
Anybody can loose in trading. As you said it's better one takes it as it happens and move on. Secondly during trading it's best one takes the decision as when to dump and move on than expecting someone to analyse and tell you. It has hurts many people. Whatever that comes during trading should be taken as it is and no one should be blamed for their wrong. Do your research and make your decision as your choice might be better.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 10, 2020, 02:23:34 PM
It is not always easy for some people to stop chasing losses, that is the problem. This exists in crypto gambling world as well, some people make excessive losses and they end up continue that losses with more gambling yet they can't stop because they believe "eventually my luck will turn". Same goes for traders, they find some coins and they think it will 100x somehow, didn't before they invested but for some reason it will right after they invest, it keeps going down and they sometimes even buy in more because they think if it was going up when they got, it will certainly go up now that it is even lower.

There is really no way we could stop those people, they will do whatever they think is right for them and they will find a way to lose even more money than they already lost.
Activity: 573
July 10, 2020, 12:54:21 PM
Either grab all appropriate options or your loss can't be acceptable levels. If you can find out your acceptable level path, which means you are professional traders. Cryptocurrency is always volatile, without stablecoin you can't control your losses. Without top of all coins, you can't be good daily traders.
Activity: 664
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 10, 2020, 07:54:11 AM
I also choose to trade safely when I enter this market and only trade when the market turns green because the opportunity to make a profit during that time will be much better. However, after buying, I will set the price to sell to ensure a profit and avoid greed because if you become greedy, you will easily lose money in this market.
if you already have good planning you should not change it. because sometimes many traders regret selling their assets cheaper when the market is pumped. yes, it is greed as you mean. even I still often feel like that.
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
July 10, 2020, 07:47:07 AM
I try to always play safe when trading, I don't do 24 hours trading but I always jump right in when the market is in red, for this to become easy it's why I always keep stable coins, they come in handy when big dumps happens and buying back will surely fetch you good money once market start recovering
I also choose to trade safely when I enter this market and only trade when the market turns green because the opportunity to make a profit during that time will be much better. However, after buying, I will set the price to sell to ensure a profit and avoid greed because if you become greedy, you will easily lose money in this market.
Activity: 421
Merit: 47
July 10, 2020, 05:33:25 AM
I try to always play safe when trading, I don't do 24 hours trading but I always jump right in when the market is in red, for this to become easy it's why I always keep stable coins, they come in handy when big dumps happens and buying back will surely fetch you good money once market start recovering
Done this several times, it's the safest trading strategy I know, just buy when bears start attacking the market and sell when bulls take over, chances of losing is very very low using this strategy

Chances of losing can only be low if you have designated altcoins or token targets that you go for when the bears start attacking, because if you just buy any token because they dumped more; then you could be in for trouble. Instead figuring the what type of tokens you could be interested in is first, identifying why you should invest in such is second, then waiting for it to be bearish is key. Most importantly, knowing when to withdraw in profit is also vital.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
July 09, 2020, 06:24:33 PM
You have a point, a professional will only try to minimize his/her loss and make sure profit is more than loss, I believe in cryptocurrency loss is inevitable, especially for traders, but something is sure, success is sure for an experience trader.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
July 09, 2020, 03:36:02 PM
Done this several times, it's the safest trading strategy I know, just buy when bears start attacking the market and sell when bulls take over, chances of losing is very very low using this strategy
Pages:
Jump to: