Pages:
Author

Topic: [KINDA GB] Minion ASIC to technobit Aseembly - page 2. (Read 3149 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 250
Anybody knows the address of Technobit (where to send the chips to)?

Edit:

Got it:

Technomachinex Mt Ltd
Sofia 1784 Bulgaria
Tzarigradsko chouse 7-th km
Activity: 374
Technobit should reduce the price for us, cause this could easaly go to 100+ boards or so..
i found i a nice gesture but im not willing to soend any more money on this.

+ the 4 weeks delivery is to long it needs to bet much quicker than that.!

Can't Techbit make some deal for us BA victims we have already lost thousands of $$ (not that its technobits fault !! ).
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
hi bobsag, I ordered directly from BA. I could get 100 chips. I just dont know how to put all these pieces together.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I believe this cooler would work. It says it maxes at 100 watts, but should work with an additional fan? $10 ea. = $40 per board, $480 for 12.
This ATX PSU is on sale for $25 after rebate. But barring this, you can find a 500 watt PSU for $50 easily, equaling $600 for 12 boards.
Also, Black Arrow prices the chips at $69 each. So does Technobit, valuing 4 chips at €205 = $279. Fire sale prices may be appropriate, but only you can make yourself lose money.
Activity: 255
Bobsag, when choosing the hosting options with you, I suppose we don't need to buy the PSU and controllers?
Activity: 93
The cost of enough coolers to cover 12 boards (48 total) is a lot.  25 * 48 = 1,200 bucks.  You could go with $10 coolers (look just like the stock intel coolers) and maybe be okay if you had other fans blowing over your setup.  That would knock it down to $480.  Then you would ideally power two boards (each requiring 3 pcie power plugs) with around a 1000W PSU with 6 PCIe plugs.  That would mean 6 PSUs at around 150 each.  That's another 900.

I love the idea it seems like a good way to get out of this mess with something to show.  But that's a lot of extra capital to throw at this endeavor that I wasn't planning on spending.  Maybe if we could use chips to offset some included heatsinks or PSUs?  If each chip is valued at $50, two chips would cover four heatsinks.  Maybe for every 100 chips get 10 boards with heatsinks (4 mounted + 4 for assembly + 2 for the four heatsinks)?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
maybe bobsag will provide us more Clarification about that I had not counted the coolers beyond because 4chips its about 396USD
the board 205USD + 4coolers (25USD each) + ... = 396USD

I am thinking through my math too. I don't really want to put out any more cash...

I have 5 X-1... so that's 30 chips.
But call it 4 for 24 chips.

8 chips turn into a board.
That is 3 boards.

So call it 1.2 TH/S

I think i would need like 300 bucks in coolers (if 1 per chip @25 bucks per is required) and 1300 or 1400 watts in PSU.

Does that math sound right?
Activity: 72
maybe bobsag will provide us more Clarification about that I had not counted the coolers beyond because 4chips its about 396USD
the board 205USD + 4coolers (25USD each) + ... = 396USD
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
assembly per board can be paid for with 4 chips, so 4 chips per board.

Got it ! it's realy a good deal after all im stoned needed 30min of reflexion  Cheesy (its the same think)
hope the people join us to accelerate the process and let Marto make a good job

So you need 4 coolers per board?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
I'm not quite clear on this... the board mounts 4 chips and then we can pay for the board/assembly with 4 chips, so for every 8 chips we will get a board with 4 mounted chips ready to start hashing (minus PSU, host controller and HSs of course)?

If this is correct, then we would get 12 x 400GH boards with 4 chips left over for each X3.  This would give us 4800 GH/s.  Just need the extras parts to get up and going.

Does this sound right Bobsag?

Sounds about right, the boards should be able to do ~440-480 gh with more tuning, the chips are native 120gh each now.
Activity: 93
I'm not quite clear on this... the board mounts 4 chips and then we can pay for the board/assembly with 4 chips, so for every 8 chips we will get a board with 4 mounted chips ready to start hashing (minus PSU, host controller and HSs of course)?

If this is correct, then we would get 12 x 400GH boards with 4 chips left over for each X3.  This would give us 4800 GH/s.  Just need the extras parts to get up and going.

Does this sound right Bobsag?
assembly per board can be paid for with 4 chips, so 4 chips per board.

Got it ! it's realy a good deal after all im stoned needed 30min of reflexion  Cheesy (its the same think)
hope the people join us to accelerate the process and let Marto make a good job
I will get you both added.

The best way to handle this is going to be every interested PM me with either their BA/MS order number and email and number of chips they have. From there I will put together how many total chips we have and how many boards, and I will make sure the relevant orders gets switched to chips. From there [probably leave this open till Thursday] I will check with marto on pricing numbers and timeline, and we will go from there.
+1

so i just PMed u about the number of chips to take my place in the queue if it once existed
Owner, Minersource.net
I will get you both added.

The best way to handle this is going to be every interested PM me with either their BA/MS order number and email and number of chips they have. From there I will put together how many total chips we have and how many boards, and I will make sure the relevant orders gets switched to chips. From there [probably leave this open till Thursday] I will check with marto on pricing numbers and timeline, and we will go from there.
it looks interesting but too bad for those who have already all invested in the miners themselves

You can pay for assembly in extra chips.... the heatsinks are pretty cheap along with being able to use any standard ATX supply.

it was what I was going to ask you precisely by pm! good as everyone will need the information

I can't find the formula for how to calculate the exchange extra chips for assembly knowing that in my case is about #minions if you could do me please an estimate that will cost the entire assembly against the minions!

I also want to know when this process will start in regards to your own account and how long all this will take and for those who still believe in
BA promise should expect this first wave anyway
Activity: 71
According to my math if I exchanged my orders I would end up with 200 chips which is 50 boards.

This would be 20000 GH/s and 20000 watts.

The problem I have is hosting at that point.  Is there any option for hosting these with Miner Source?

We are working on that option, odds are it shouldnt be a problem. Pricing is up in the air at the moment.

I have had good luck working with you and I am up for it again.

Count me in.

Let me know what steps I need to take next and we will shoot the moon.

-BrimStone
Owner, Minersource.net
According to my math if I exchanged my orders I would end up with 200 chips which is 50 boards.

The problem I have is hosting at that point.  Is there any option for hosting these with Miner Source?

We are working on that option, odds are it shouldnt be a problem. Pricing is up in the air at the moment.
Activity: 71

Owner, Minersource.net
it looks interesting but too bad for those who have already all invested in the miners themselves

You can pay for assembly in extra chips.... the heatsinks are pretty cheap along with being able to use any standard ATX supply.
Pages:
Jump to: