Pages:
Author

Topic: Kingcoin: A delightfully simple spin-the-wheel game (that's provably fair) - page 3. (Read 6335 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I would include this kind of detail on the site somewhere, along with what the total 'size' of the wheel is, etc.  Then people can calculate (via simulation, if not analytically) the house edge.

I see you're shuffling 450 0's and 3 1's.  I saw one wheel where there were no 0's after the 3rd 1.  I guess that means the corresponding colour was at its minimum of 10%.

It looks to me like each 0 represents 1/1000th of the wheel, since 10+10+10+10+15 = 55% of the wheel is already accounted for by the fixed size black and the 4 10% minimums leaving 45% represented by the 450 0's you shuffle.  I'd like to see this explicitly stated in your 'how it works' section.
legendary
Each game, the minimum size of each slice is 10% of the total wheel.

I would include this kind of detail on the site somewhere, along with what the total 'size' of the wheel is, etc.  Then people can calculate (via simulation, if not analytically) the house edge.

Edit: I notice the 'division of the wheel' isn't shown in the 'provably fair' section until after my first spin.  It could be shown as soon as the division has been revealed graphically, since by then I've already committed to playing and spent my BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
It's designed for Chrome and Firefox only. I'll add a message on the site about this.

This is with Chrome browser on Android.  This occurs the same under both a mobile device as well as with a tablet (Nexus 7)
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I welcome any and all feedback! I plan to make the game even more fun by introducing a daily jackpot, so stay tuned.

There's still this issue, with Android:

from an Android mobile when I login, the logout button isn't clickable for some reason.

The only way to logout is to get to a 0 balance and then a link for logout is shown.

Ack, my apologies. It's designed for Chrome and Firefox only. I'll add a message on the site about this.

Thanks,
Sanjay
I welcome any and all feedback! I plan to make the game even more fun by introducing a daily jackpot, so stay tuned.

I like it.  I only played play money, but didn't do very well.

Do you have any idea what the house edge is?

Hi, dooglus-- It is actually very difficult to compute the house edge because the color slices are of random and variable sizes each game. If Kingcoin becomes popular, I'll figure out the precise odds and post.

Each game, the minimum size of each slice is 10% of the total wheel. The black slice is a constant 15%. The wheel is spun randomly (per the seeds, which are provided by the user but otherwise based on a timestamp), but the precise same location cannot be hit twice (because the wheel is represented as a randomized string of integers (each slice represented by one integer), and the first 6 integers of the string are the outcome of each game).  I believe that is all there is to the game!

I'm glad you like the game!

EDIT: Forgot to mention one more thing. I publish each and every paid game's outcome at http://kingco.in/history.php

Thanks,
Sanjay
It appears there is no memory of games that have started.  

Specifically, let's say a browser crashes in the middle of a spin.  The funds are lost.  I can log out and log back in and my funds are lost and it is looking for me to start a new game.  I don't see any way to resume from where the crash occurred.  

(This happened to me after starting to play with some newly deposited coin.)

Hi, Stephen-- Let me know how much you lost and your address and I'll refund you. You are right; as of now, you must finish a game once you start it, otherwise you lose the game. I will change this if Kingcoin becomes popular, but right now it seems to be a corner case that probably doesn't merit the time needed to fix.

I do log every game, wager, and outcome (as well as all items required for provability) in my database once the game has started. So even if your browser crashes mid-game, I have a record of it.

EDIT: I apologize for the inconvenience, Stephen!

Thanks,
Sanjay
legendary
It appears there is no memory of games that have started. 

Specifically, let's say a browser crashes in the middle of a spin.  The funds are lost.  I can log out and log back in and my funds are lost and it is looking for me to start a new game.  I don't see any way to resume from where the crash occurred. 

(This happened to me after starting to play with some newly deposited coin.)
legendary

There's still this issue, with Android:

from an Android mobile when I login, the logout button isn't clickable for some reason.

The only way to logout is to get to a 0 balance and then a link for logout is shown.
legendary

I like it.  I only played play money, but didn't do very well.

Do you have any idea what the house edge is?
I've built a delightfully simple bitcoin game called Kingcoin (at http://kingco.in) that I'd like to share with the community. Spin a multi-colored wheel and match various patterns (like, hitting the same color three times in a row) to win. You can try it out for free and play for real bitcoins when you're ready. Kingcoin uses a slight modification of Bitzino's technique to prove that it's fair.

http://kingco.in

Thanks,
Sanjay

Updates to Kingcoin

November 28, 2012
A minimum bet amount of 0.01 is now required (either BTC or points).

November 25, 2012
Some game parameters have changed to benefit the player.
  • The expected value of Kingcoin has increased to be competitive with other games. It is now approximately 0.984.
  • Game parameters are as follows: Black slice is 16% of the wheel (used to be 15%), King slice is 1.3% of the wheel (used to not exist), and other slices are a minimum of 15% of the wheel (used to be 10%).
  • The maximum number of spins per game is now 5.
  • Each game is logged in the database with more details (in case I have to process refunds)
Pages:
Jump to: