Pages:
Author

Topic: KingsDen and Magicalking....alts? - page 2. (Read 569 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
October 06, 2021, 07:57:45 AM

I think he just dumped a random list of links. There are some duplicates, someone's LinkedIn profile (? - not sure, requires login), and the one that I highlighted doesn't even contain any text, just links to apps or some shit like that, i.e. spam.

Sir Pharmacist, since this is about merits, you should just go with your gut and not waste your time on suspicious characters. You don't need a definitive proof one way or another, and it's ok to send merits to sockpuppets if they make good posts but if you don't feel comfortable - I'm sure there are many legit users who will enjoy your merits.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Hello Leo! You can still win.
October 06, 2021, 07:42:39 AM
My attention was called to this thread few hours ago, I would have been mute about this thread just that OP stated that he would like to know what I have to say.

1. I have been unofficially linked with @Magicalking before, but it didn't bother me much. But now it has appeared as a thread especially from someone I value much, so the essence of this reply.

2. I am pained that I am not unique and exceptional, if someone can easily be linked with me, it shows I have not created a niche to myself. Though it's because I'm in a community where I have little knowledge.

3. For the Pm:
I want to state it that I am not a user that bugs people in Pm. From my newbie days till date, the only user I frequent his inbox for questions and directions is @The Pharmacist. Apart from him the few I must have messaged once are @LoyceV when I saw my name in the list of low ranking members with high merits. I asked him what to do as my name appeared on the list. He replied that I do nothing but to continue making good posts. Another was @Lovesmayfamilis when he posted about Bounty hunting, I asked him about it and he sent me a link to what Bounty hunting is about.
Then to @Jay JuanGee when I noticed he made 20,000+ posts creating only 2 topics. Then to @Quickseller in appreciation for the first 4merits even when I was hitted much as a newbie.

4. @The Pharmacist, sir, I want to make public my Pm to you for a post review and why I did so.
Many young Nigerians are adopting bitcoin amid the crypto ban put in place by the Nigerian Central Bank. In fact, since the start of 2021, peer-to-peer bitcoin trading has grown to $204 million, the largest amount in Africa.
Data collated from Usefultulips, a Bitcoin analytic provider, shows Nigeria beats the rest of Africa combined on the use of bitcoin for p2p transactions.

That is directly plagiarized from this article:

Despite his huge list of "references" (more like sources of copied material), he failed to mention the yahoo article the above-text is from, which means this is a pretty straightforward case of plagiarism

I am always pained when people's accounts are banned for avoidable mistakes as plagiarism. But if @Magicalking plagerised, I call on the moderators to do the needful please. It will go along way not to dent my reputation in this forum.

6. For the newbies, I wish everyone of you can read this. I have recieved some pms from lower ranking members, saying they love my topics and my growth in the forum.
Please and Please, stop admiring me, I have nothing and no good knowledge about cryptocurrencies. There are reputable members with thousands of merits, admire them instead and follow their methods of posting.I am saying this because I have seen two Jr. members who created topics in Bitcoin Discussion board by paraphrasing my idea/post. I am just watching for it to repeat again.
@Magicalking I noticed you created your account barely 1 month after I joined this forum. If you have been following my method of posting, desist from it please. Any lower-ranked member following the pattern of a fellow lower-ranked member will at the end endanger himself and whom he admires.

7. Finally, I have stopped creating topics because when I do it attracts attacks and envy from some people and yet others benefits from it. I wish to be replying to threads, learning and completing my weekly tasks for now.
I least expected that my name will appear here, but it's part of the system.
@The Pharmacist, you have really done well for me right from my newbie days. I appreciate you. But, I don't know anyone as @Magicalking, I am myself, if not me, I don't wish to be anyone else.
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 06, 2021, 05:27:49 AM
I'm curious as to what you mean by "post history review." They wanted you to look through their posts for... merits?
The Pharmacist has offered this several times: users can PM him to ask a review of their posts (for Merit).

Despite his huge list of "references" (more like sources of copied material)
I've mentioned it before: dumping a list of references shouldn't be allowed by the forum: posts should specifically highlight (ideally by quoting) which part comes from which source.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
October 06, 2021, 02:15:50 AM
Probably. I'm curious as to what you mean by "post history review." They wanted you to look through their posts for... merits? Whatever its for, yes, that's particularly peculiar.

What got me was how often they both talk about what a newbie they are. They're still doing it.

I am also very new in the forum

However, my pattern of giving merit has not defeated the forum rules and besides I am a new Eva newbie striving to grow.

The very first post by KingsDen was instructions on what newbies and older members should be doing. It was a plea constructed for merit right out of the gate.

Every post by either account is a gross attempt to suck up merit and devoid of original thought, but at the end of the day he's not hurting anybody so who cares. Kind of like RainbowCityDAO Guy.

If they were both enrolled in the same campaign that might raise some eyebrows but without concrete evidence, its not enough to confirm them as alts.

HOWEVER

Here's an example of what I mean by "devoid of original thought":

Research on Bitcoin adoption in Nigeria

This post is just a long, oddly strung-together collection of other people's words. From the post:

Many young Nigerians are adopting bitcoin amid the crypto ban put in place by the Nigerian Central Bank. In fact, since the start of 2021, peer-to-peer bitcoin trading has grown to $204 million, the largest amount in Africa.
Data collated from Usefultulips, a Bitcoin analytic provider, shows Nigeria beats the rest of Africa combined on the use of bitcoin for p2p transactions.

That is directly plagiarized from this article:

Despite his huge list of "references" (more like sources of copied material), he failed to mention the yahoo article the above-text is from, which means this is a pretty straightforward case of plagiarism.

Everything he ever did was for the sake of achieving merits.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
October 05, 2021, 08:52:27 PM
I want to revisit this post by nutildah, which was preceded by this post by philipma1957:

The thread is locked and I'm too tired and lazy to quote the posts properly.  But the jist of it is that both nutildah and philipma1957 accused KingsDen and Magicalking of being alt accounts, and after that it seems like it was just forgotten about.  The reason why I've started this thread is because I got requests by both KingsDen and Magicalking via PM for post history reviews, and they came about 2.5 hours apart.  I'm reluctant to post the PMs here, so I'll just add that both started off their request with "sir" and both used the world "humbly".

I'm happy to do post history reviews, but there's no way in hell I'm doing it for a pair of alt accounts.  Does anyone have solid evidence that these two accounts are connected?  I'd like to hear opinions, thoughts, anything, including what Magicalking and KingsDen have to say about this.
Pages:
Jump to: