Pages:
Author

Topic: Kkmoon 2600w Dual Server PSU ATX - page 3. (Read 1106 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
January 03, 2018, 06:21:49 PM
Are you using the 4pin or 8pin EPS to power the mobo? The pico cannot power the mobo by itself.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
January 03, 2018, 04:07:39 PM
So better to use server supply that has straight 24 pin coming off of it rather than the Pico. 

Is there an adaptor for server PSU to ATX 24 pin? None of the break out boards I have seen, have 24 pin coming off them. And you still need cable to power SSD and CPU.

Activity: 420
Merit: 182
January 03, 2018, 03:40:43 PM
So better to use server supply that has straight 24 pin coming off of it rather than the Pico.  Still don't understand what they are saying below.  If server is putting off 12.5 volts and that is going into pico supply and pico supply is powering the board, then wouldn't it be the pico supply that is the problem?

The PICO almost certainly lets the 12V from the server PSU pass through it on the way to the mobo. It just generates the 5V, 3.3V, -12V and 5V-standby rails required by the ATX specification.

Activity: 126
January 03, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
January 03, 2018, 09:30:58 AM
Yep, but its not a PICO issue, but with server PSU.

Problem:
i got 6 of the 180W version and 2 of the 160W version , and tried for 2 different mainboard with the 180W one

Asus B250 mining expert, the board cannot power up if there is 10 or more GPU connected ( of coz, GPU power by the X8 board itself )
so useless for this board

Biostar TB250-BTC Pro,
it is good, to use with 9 GPU ( again ,GPU power by X8 ) on this board , what a great product
however, it only stands for around an hour
the attached “12V PCIe cable power adapter” burned ( at the end which connect to the ATX module )
at first i think it may be because that cable has some problem,
so i change to use another one set , the “12V PCIe cable power adapter” burned again

now , i have 6 of 180W, 2 of 160W of this cable for nothing,
costed me USD362 before import tax and shipping for nothing
lucky at that moment i am around , otherwise, it cost much much more than that

so , conclusion is ,
use standard ATX power supply for the mainboard for your own safety ,
and leave the X8 for the GPU only

Response from PICO:

Hi Victor,

While troubleshooting for another customer who ordered the 180w adapter and our 2400w power supply kit we came to find that because the Delta 2400w power supply has an output voltage rating of 12.5v, vs 12v from standard power supplies that the Asus B250 motherboard bios settings will not allow the motherboard to boot properly if the voltage exceeds the max voltage threshold. So you are correct, for specifically the Asus B250 you would would want to use our power supply kit only for the GPUs.

As for the ATX adapter cable burning up after about an hour of use, we will need to look into this further to determine what the issue was. Please feel free to email me at Albert.s - at -centrix-intl.com or call me at 9094803000 ext 115 for more details. We can still set you up with a return for a full refund on the ATX adapters.

Thank you.
January 03, 2018, 09:19:40 AM
Yes except if you read at one of the sites that sells this, you'll see from the comments that it doesn't work correctly on many of the mining boards especially the asus mining expert.  something about the voltage is slightly too high.
January 03, 2018, 08:56:33 AM
Well, that`s brilliant then! No point using expensive branded PSU`s costing 400, server PSU +PICO is ideal combo.

By the way, there is similar product:
https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-160w-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 03, 2018, 08:49:03 AM

No Pico PSU's only need a 6pin power socket on the breakout board of your server PSU to power it up. Look @ the picture on parallels miner you'll see.

For me the matter of this Kkmoon 2600w Dual Server PSU ATX enclosure is that it bring everything in one enclosure, is available for quite cheap, and i don't have to worry about shipping, $ > € conversion, customs import tax. Also most server psu's are pretty much out of stock everywhere... So i really hope it's going to be a good one !

But isn`t PICO AC-DC unit? It takes AC, converts it into DC which then goes into mb, ssd, cpu. Server PSU provides DC - how can it power PICO? I`m not understanding something here.

Pico psu is a small DC-DC psu unit.

The power input voltage is 12VDC.

See this video for a thorough build example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHlqWUHLAI
January 03, 2018, 08:44:27 AM

No Pico PSU's only need a 6pin power socket on the breakout board of your server PSU to power it up. Look @ the picture on parallels miner you'll see.

For me the matter of this Kkmoon 2600w Dual Server PSU ATX enclosure is that it bring everything in one enclosure, is available for quite cheap, and i don't have to worry about shipping, $ > € conversion, customs import tax. Also most server psu's are pretty much out of stock everywhere... So i really hope it's going to be a good one !

But isn`t PICO AC-DC unit? It takes AC, converts it into DC which then goes into mb, ssd, cpu. Server PSU provides DC - how can it power PICO? I`m not understanding something here.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
January 03, 2018, 07:34:14 AM
And how would you advise to power mobo, cpu, ssd? PICO is one of the options, but it needs its own PSU as well...

PICO is one option (cute thing - doesn't look terribly robust or well-designed, but cute nonetheless) or just use a regular ATX PSU for the mobo and other devices, and only use the server PSU to power the PCIe power inlets on the cards. The only trick is to turn on the server PSU first, then the ATX PSU (it may be ok to turn them on and off together - it won't hurt anything to try, worst that should happen is Windows might lock up if mobo power rises faster than PCIe).

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
January 03, 2018, 05:38:42 AM

You can get 750W - 1200W HP server PSUs - which are built like the proverbial brick shithouse - for $25 - $50 all day long. Or better yet, get a PSU, breakout board and cables from Parallel Miner or the like and save money as well as aggravation.

And how would you advise to power mobo, cpu, ssd? PICO is one of the options, but it needs its own PSU as well...

January 03, 2018, 05:30:33 AM

You can get 750W - 1200W HP server PSUs - which are built like the proverbial brick shithouse - for $25 - $50 all day long. Or better yet, get a PSU, breakout board and cables from Parallel Miner or the like and save money as well as aggravation.

CryptoLearner
January 03, 2018, 04:50:42 AM
any news about this psu?

I will get it between 13th and 23th january, and post my feedbacks then. Keep tuned  Cool
Activity: 1
January 03, 2018, 04:45:32 AM
any news about this psu?
December 26, 2017, 10:29:41 AM
Sorry to be stupid, but just to be clear, with something like this, you plug it in, attach to mother board and graphics cards and it just runs?  No additional tweaking, soldering wires, tricking it to turn on etc?

Sounds like the main advantage over buying ordinary server supplies and tinkering with them all by yourself...hence the price difference

Don't know how much savings, by the time you buy a breakout board, cables, pico supply and servers, its probably cheaper this way.
CryptoLearner
December 26, 2017, 10:28:00 AM
Ordered one to test it out, will be here in about 2 weeks, we'll see  Cool, i'll give my feedbacks here for those that are interested.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 318
December 26, 2017, 06:09:46 AM
Sorry to be stupid, but just to be clear, with something like this, you plug it in, attach to mother board and graphics cards and it just runs?  No additional tweaking, soldering wires, tricking it to turn on etc?

Sounds like the main advantage over buying ordinary server supplies and tinkering with them all by yourself...hence the price difference
December 25, 2017, 08:27:26 PM
As far as I know yes. But I have no experience with this type of unit. Only ATX and server psu with breakout boards and picos
December 25, 2017, 07:36:12 PM
December 25, 2017, 07:12:15 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2400W-Mining-Power-Supply-For-Antminer-ETH-ZEC-S7-S9-Bitcoin-Miners-110V-240V/352212337249?hash=item52017dc261:g:ZK4AAOSwySlaDrwQ

So whats different between those and this?  Should I stick to ones that clearly look like dual server supplies?

No idea to be honest. The cheap chinese stuff is all a gamble. At least with the dual server psu type you know that youcan swap out the psus for good quality ones and the only failure area is the connectors and the cabling provide by the manufacturer of the unit
Pages:
Jump to: