Pages:
Author

Topic: KNC, 100% of their hashing is currently going into their own pocket. - page 3. (Read 10795 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
i recall sam and andreas saying during first "open day", that any testing of actual customers miners will be done straight towards the customers btc adress.

they did let ONE of the miners run. for some peanuts. and the moderator opens a thread yelling "100 % OF THEIR HASHING (power) ...OWN POCKET."

i am only here since march. so still not very experienced. and here i see a hero member, lots of gold wrapped under his name, even a moderator giving one of the best examples of FUD. especially when considering that the immoral tactic op is accusing knc has actually been used by competitors at large.
bfl pockets are deep. hard to imagine that "their" money reaches that far.

disclosure:
i have been slapped in my face by bfl. (no refund)
i have been burnt by avalon III group buy. (refunded)
i have been burnt by avalon chip sale. (sold)
i have several knc orders.

edit: typo, disclosure brackets

No offense, but gmaxwell isn't just a moderator. He is one of the main developers of bitcoin.

And that comes with the right of being impartial?
legendary
You switched to "selective replies" only? You missed my questions.
I did? Really?

I don't see any evidence on testnet of KNC mining there. Bitcoinorama made a falsifiable claim which appear to me to be false. I'm just asking him to clarify here to avoid any confusion.

Ok let me rephrase my question. Why didn't you blame Avalon's customers for funding a mining hardware company that mined in competition with their customers? You weren't harsh at all when there were multiple proofs that they mined a lot with the units before shipping.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
I did? Really?  Of course, everyone here has free will, and if anything I think people's unwillingness to selectively read and reply contributes a lot to trolling around here. I certainly don't feel the need to respond point by point to every question, and none of you should either. If you feel I've missed something essential, please hit me up and PM and I'll reply more if I agree!

In any case, I don't see any evidence on testnet of KNC mining there. Bitcoinorama made a falsifiable claim which appear to me to be false. I'm just asking him to clarify here to avoid any confusion.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
i recall sam and andreas saying during first "open day", that any testing of actual customers miners will be done straight towards the customers btc adress.

they did let ONE of the miners run. for some peanuts. and the moderator opens a thread yelling "100 % OF THEIR HASHING (power) ...OWN POCKET."

i am only here since march. so still not very experienced. and here i see a hero member, lots of gold wrapped under his name, even a moderator giving one of the best examples of FUD. especially when considering that the immoral tactic op is accusing knc has actually been used by competitors at large.
bfl pockets are deep. hard to imagine that "their" money reaches that far.

disclosure:
i have been slapped in my face by bfl. (no refund)
i have been burnt by avalon III group buy. (refunded)
i have been burnt by avalon chip sale. (sold)
i have several knc orders.

edit: typo, disclosure brackets
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.

I think he accepts your apology, You can probably get up off your knees and stop bowing before him also

Sarcasm is strong in this one... Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?

I think he accepts your apology, You can probably get up off your knees and stop bowing before him also

i dont get it either.
legendary

Wait! What?
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
if a troll is in the forest, under a bridge, and no one pays him a toll - has the troll done its job by preventing others passage?
lets change around some semantics:
If a global moderator feels compelled to nitpick a company for using an address on their 1st prototyped completed unit and yet turns around and accepted bfl money for years...does that make him a global Troll???  JOHN K?HuhHuh?
It's a bit trolly to pick on KNC with only .5 TH online— which is why I made the "I guess I feel left out of the trolling" comment. But I really don't understand why people tolerate manufacturers competing with them. Battered wife syndrome perhaps.
Its nothing as I see avalon testing some terahashes in eligius in months and keep customers to wait and waste of ROI.
It's funny, before avalon had products in existence they made a nice strongly worded comment about how competent testing doesn't involve mining on the network (a position I agree with). As far as I know they didn't mine at scale on the mainnet to test batch 1 units... but the later stuff?  Yea. That also falls into my bin of "why the heck are people tolerating this??".

Seriously???

I've been telling ppl they're full of it for 600+ pages.

What will it take for everyone to get in on the program?

They haven't made a heck of a lot - http://blockexplorer.com/address/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo Anyway, they've been working all weekend so maybe they need some beer money - or Champagne money - and they deserve it!  Finally a company that is a class act and still we aren't happy...
 Kudos to KnC!!!

Take care

$37.81? That's less than what I paid for the hotel I'm now in here in Paducah, KY.

Ha ha!  The Mini-mo or the Hickory House?

Take care
Secondly, all prior testing was performed on the testnet as appropriate,
Which blocks did your employer mine on testnet?

I'm beginning to worry that the evil spirit recently expelled by Phinnaeus Gage has taken control of you now.  If so, an exorcist is evidently in Kansas City.
Activity: 246
legendary

Hell?
Hell?
how is this guy even a moderator?!?

Man, you sure sound bitter Shocked

Not defending the KnC shill either, but you're coming off as having a large beef with KnC. It can't be just that one device, so why? Undecided
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
I don't really get what the issue is here since they said from day 1 that they were going to mine as well. They're mining, or did, to test out a box. That's the big news? BFD.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
Activity: 462
Maybe OP sees the future and is sad... KNC killed the scammer advertiser cash cow and they aren't spending half their budget on ads here
Pages:
Jump to: