Pages:
Author

Topic: KnC Neptune Shipping Speculation (Existing Customers Order) - page 2. (Read 4518 times)

ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Copy/Paste:

In stock Neptunes jumped up again from 898 to 909. More refunds? Maybe.

I've got a few preorders with alpha-t.net, a Scrypt ASIC. I'm pretty impressed with their development updates (nearly weekly), along with a forum specifically for customers with all the questions answered, as well as their transparency with their process. It's too bad more manufacturers don't do similar methods.

I'm still keeping my CA batch orders. Better than BFL, CT, HF that's for sure. How they compare to Bitmain will really be a long term question, although I think KnC hardware will run much longer and be more profitable. We'll have to analyze that one down the line.

I have a thread on when the general memberbase thinks the Neptunes are shipping, and the majority feel it's April, which would line up the latest batch during Q2.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/knc-neptune-shipping-speculation-existing-customers-order-384125

@Offtopic individuals, you guys should really keep on topic. Let's focus on KNC (I don't care if we talk about KNC conspiracy theories, facts, or whatever), there are venues available for other discussions.

april?! that wishful thinkin imo. i dont think they taped-out yet and from tape-out to production you can assume roughly 60 days. so lets say they tape-out in the coming weeks and need 60 days till the chips arrive. that means the chips arrive in mid may. then also assume that chips doenst mean everything is ready to deliver, you got to bring that thing to work somehow.
that leaves us to a delivered neptune in june, imo.

I hear ya man. I don't think they're going to announce all that tape out fab out stuff though. If I'm remembering correctly, and we compare what happened in their first product launch, they were pretty tight lipped, except for leaks by Bitcoinorama. They said they'd ship in late September through October and they did, only late by like 2 weeks. IMO I think we should expect the same, although the Jupiter farm and accompanying announcement makes me a bit nervous. They fucking slammed us with difficulty with that damn farm too! Looks like its complete now though with recent Swedish press and difficulty slowing at the moment.

exactly, they had a timeframe with the Jupiters that lasted till 30th september and they delivered pretty much right at the end of that time frame in the first weeks of october. so if history is going to repeat itself then we wont see any neptunes before early july.

i personally expect them to ship in june but even if they do it in may and with 4000GH/s it wont be profitable anymore.
j03
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Copy/Paste:

I've got a few preorders with alpha-t.net, a Scrypt ASIC. I'm pretty impressed with their development updates (nearly weekly), along with a forum specifically for customers with all the questions answered, as well as their transparency with their process. It's too bad more manufacturers don't do similar methods.

I'm still keeping my CA batch orders. Better than BFL, CT, HF that's for sure. How they compare to Bitmain will really be a long term question, although I think KnC hardware will run much longer and be more profitable. We'll have to analyze that one down the line.

I have a thread on when the general memberbase thinks the Neptunes are shipping, and the majority feel it's April, which would line up the latest batch during Q2.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/knc-neptune-shipping-speculation-existing-customers-order-384125

@Offtopic individuals, you guys should really keep on topic. Let's focus on KNC (I don't care if we talk about KNC conspiracy theories, facts, or whatever), there are venues available for other discussions.

april?! that wishful thinkin imo. i dont think they taped-out yet and from tape-out to production you can assume roughly 60 days. so lets say they tape-out in the coming weeks and need 60 days till the chips arrive. that means the chips arrive in mid may. then also assume that chips doenst mean everything is ready to deliver, you got to bring that thing to work somehow.

I hear ya man. I don't think they're going to announce all that tape out fab out stuff though. If I'm remembering correctly, and we compare what happened in their first product launch, they were pretty tight lipped, except for leaks by Bitcoinorama. They said they'd ship in late September through October and they did, only late by like 2 weeks. IMO I think we should expect the same, although the Jupiter farm and accompanying announcement makes me a bit nervous. They fucking slammed us with difficulty with that damn farm too! Looks like its complete now though with recent Swedish press and difficulty slowing at the moment.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Copy/Paste:

j03
Activity: 62
They will not ship Neptune until much later (Q3-Q4) or never.

LOL!
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
They will not ship Neptune until much later (Q3-Q4) or never.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I don't believe they ever moved beyond hyping 20nm.  It is my sincere belief that the Neptune was just a ruse to get us to fund their massive mining operation and we'll only be offered 6 months of 3THs hashing via the Jupiter farm.  And we won't get to have that until a end of Q2, June 30th.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
looks more and more they never finish Neptune product. Instead customers still not refunded will get cloud hashing instead of hardware.
KnC wants to become bitcoin service provider, wallets and stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Given KnC hasn't finished their RTL (AFAIK)  I'm doubtful for April.
Activity: 94
Nice! Thanks for this. Happy to see April being the highest  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 181
Merit: 53
This poll is a general survey of when the community believes the majority of the existing customer's batch will ship.

KnC's Network Protection Statement put shipping in March of 2014, will they pull it off?

I believe the majority of machines will be in customer's hands early to mid April, with the subsequent batches 3-4 weeks out (First public batch Mid May, Second public batch mid June)
Pages:
Jump to: