Pages:
Author

Topic: KNCMiner Neptune 3TH miner $9,995 - page 3. (Read 15631 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
November 26, 2013, 05:24:22 PM
This price sucks! It should be price calculated to deliver same btc/usd as a Jupiter did when they were released. This has no chance, unless btc is going to 3k each in a few months...

crappy... KNC were the leaders in price/performance, now there just cashing in like the rest.  Why is the motto now that only HW manufactures are allowed to make any money in bitcoin mining?

+1

I'm also out.. too expensive. It 'll never going to ROI !

KnC is a capitalist company focused only on profit. It doesn't support open source projects.. They never showed us respect for being "valuable customers" any single time. They have been taking advantage on us with their high marketing skills since the first day.
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
November 26, 2013, 05:15:48 PM
Minning tech is getting better. Which is upping the difficulty. But not as much as the leap from fpga's to ASICS. That wont happen again. At least for a long time. The next would be minning using quantum computing. Which looks highly unlikely in the near future.
So dont expect to see major difficulty increases. Not many people will bother with minning. Most will just buy and sell. So there may be a future for mining. But, the way its looking right now. Just invest the 10K in buying bitcoin and you'll make more.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
November 26, 2013, 12:21:23 PM
10k $ for a June shipping for 3TH/s device?

damn people are really going craaazy.
If the preorder is sold out soon, I am done with this world. I mean really?

HF preorder number 4 is almost full (March delay) and they haven't shipped anything.
So , why not this one?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2013, 12:17:48 PM
PM me offers if you want to order Neptune I am a prior customer and can order them

Same here, can't likely raise that kind of capital to get one myself but seems a waste of my abilities as a previous customer. It's a shame they're not make some in between models like previously as I bought a mercury previously and would of been happy to get just a new one with 2 cores, even better if they had stuck to there promise of making their hardware upgradable.

This is their supposed last consumer product as people will barley be able to run these in their homes. Looks like bitcoin is going to become centralized.

Yeah, they did say it would be for commercial only yesterday, or o'rama said so anyways.  I'm not interested.  I'm out.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
November 26, 2013, 12:03:29 PM
PM me offers if you want to order Neptune I am a prior customer and can order them

Same here, can't likely raise that kind of capital to get one myself but seems a waste of my abilities as a previous customer. It's a shame they're not make some in between models like previously as I bought a mercury previously and would of been happy to get just a new one with 2 cores, even better if they had stuck to there promise of making their hardware upgradable.

This is their supposed last consumer product as people will barley be able to run these in their homes. Looks like bitcoin is going to become centralized.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
November 26, 2013, 11:47:34 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
November 26, 2013, 11:37:37 AM
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
November 26, 2013, 11:33:40 AM
too expensive  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 26, 2013, 11:30:20 AM
I mean why would we buy this when we can buy a cointerra march shipment for less?  AND THEYRE GOING TO INCREASE THE PRICE?Huh!?!??!?
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
November 26, 2013, 11:23:51 AM
Not convinced on that one  Huh
November 26, 2013, 11:21:14 AM
This price sucks! It should be price calculated to deliver same btc/usd as a Jupiter did when they were released. This has no chance, unless btc is going to 3k each in a few months...

crappy... KNC were the leaders in price/performance, now there just cashing in like the rest.  Why is the motto now that only HW manufactures are allowed to make any money in bitcoin mining?

If you think btc would go to 3k , wouldn't it be safe to buy btc rather than pre-order a miner?
Same dilemma as ever.

It would be nice to have a more concrete date.
in defi we trust
November 26, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

If you think btc would go to 3k , wouldn't it be safe to buy btc rather than pre-order a miner?
Same dilemma as ever.

Activity: 137
November 26, 2013, 11:13:19 AM

in defi we trust
November 26, 2013, 11:11:07 AM
Probably at current difficulty raise it won't ROI , but still it's nice to see some new pieces of hardware.
And from company that actually shipped a few miners , not ponies like others.
Activity: 389
November 26, 2013, 11:05:13 AM
More than 5000-6000$ is excessive. Difficult raise to more than 1000 millions when I receive my jupiters difficult was 187 millions. +5x diff   -5x hashrate   Less than original price of Jupiter.

When 2000 Ghs cost 4999$ delivery date 2/2014 & only 1050w
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html

5 Jupiter consumption more than 3000w. 30% less is 2100w

2  X3 are 2100w & 4000ghs

I'm jupiters owner.
Activity: 126
November 26, 2013, 11:00:10 AM
Shipment begins in Q1/Q2 of 2014.

I'm not even going to waste my time calculating the difficulty level at the end of June 2014, however I'm sure there will be no profit in this setup.

"I bird in the hand is worth two in the bush", in bitcoin terms maybe ten in the bush.
November 26, 2013, 10:54:45 AM
Yea it does sound a little high for Q1/Q2...
Activity: 163
November 26, 2013, 10:44:03 AM
Just got this email.
I'm not convinced that mining hardware will ever lower down to an appropriate price point.

All

We have an exciting update for you all today, in 2014 we will be shipping our 20nm product called Neptune.
We are aware more now than ever, that the demand for our product is large with bitcoin prices rising to all-time highs. The lack of available companies in the market place who can actually design, produce and more importantly ship increases the demands for our products as we are the only company who has shipped a 28nm product. We will once again take the bitcoin mining hardware to the next level.

Our first offering at 20nm is called Neptune following the naming convention from our 28nm range. It will have the following basic specifications.

Minimum 3000GH/s of hashing speed that 3TH (Over 5 times the speed of our first Jupiter release)
   (we reserve the right to increase this as we get closer to shipment)
A 30% reduction in watts per GH,
Shipment begins in Q1/Q2 of 2014,
Bitcoins first ever 20nm miner bought to you form the company who shipped the first 28nm bitcoin miner,
Limited batch for registered customers only,
Existing customers only can buy at this price other batches will be released later to non-existing customers at a higher price.
These items will be on sale for two weeks at this price or until it has sold out.
Payment for this product is bitcoins and bank transfer only.

The product is now available for purchase in our shop, If you are a registered customer you can order and pay for it today. Here at https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

There is a limited supply at this introductory price as a reward to our existing customers who have been with us before.

Thanks KnC Team
Pages:
Jump to: