Pages:
Author

Topic: Knowing when to sell off your crypto investment - page 24. (Read 17858 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 66
If the coin starts to go down, you have to have some kind of a stop loss limit. Once the limit is triggered, you get out. Yes it is a loss, but it is a moderate loss. The other way around too, once the coin starts to go up, you take some profit at some point. And let the rest of the investment go up even more.

Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.

Your experiences with dragon chain and other altcoins are in fact very common to investors in the crypto space. We have all experienced owning one or another coin that seemed like a good choice initially but turned out to be a failed investment after all. I have invested in a couple of failed shitcoins myself. The sooner you forget about them the better. Good luck.
Activity: 188
Merit: 1
If the price increases, it will be an opportunity to sell, otherwise it is not necessary because the decision is yours.
Activity: 86
Merit: 4
It's pretty easy if you want to know when to exit the crypto market. When you hear all mainstream media talk about bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies), and all sentiments are positive, you should consider periodically selling your portfolio.

Right now is a good opportunity to buy and accumulate Smiley
your verified title as a bag holder definitely precedes you, sir. buying and long term holding are quite difficult for small-time investors like me.
Welcome to forum and I wish you for your first thread. Please explore more here what crypto investors are thinking and market movement here with the help of bitcointalk users. I will suggest you to hold the bitcoin for long term. Now we may find little bump in the market from the past one week.

That should be keep bump and reach the market value in 10k USD. If the value cross that value then you can make money with the investment you do now.
Thanks for your advice. Will like your candid opinion on the question I asked on the thread though. When do you think is the best time to sell off especially when the price is depreciating? I mean like how many percent loss can you take before you lose your cool and sell off?.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
It's pretty easy if you want to know when to exit the crypto market. When you hear all mainstream media talk about bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies), and all sentiments are positive, you should consider periodically selling your portfolio.

Right now is a good opportunity to buy and accumulate Smiley
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
Welcome to forum and I wish you for your first thread. Please explore more here what crypto investors are thinking and market movement here with the help of bitcointalk users. I will suggest you to hold the bitcoin for long term. Now we may find little bump in the market from the past one week.

That should be keep bump and reach the market value in 10k USD. If the value cross that value then you can make money with the investment you do now.
This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.
Pages:
Jump to: