Pages:
Author

Topic: KRAKEN HACKED (2 FA & good password), 20k euros lost - page 2. (Read 410 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I used kraken a lot in 2017,, but never logged in again.
Never had any problems with them.

And all cryptocurrency exchanges have terrible customer support.. you are probably talking to a bot.

Your history is odd. Why didn't this guy withdrawal the funds instead of doing those crazy  trades?

Did you check where the illegal login came from? You can check tbhat in your account, or ask them for login history. Could it be a family member or something like that?
It's sad, but nobody should ever leave funds on exchanges, unless if you are actually trading a lot.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Do you use any third part service which uses your API from Kraken?
you probably need to look for the culprit from there. Using API from exchange on unreliable trading bot can result in trading on some overpriced shitcoin, all you said that happened looks like such a scenario to me.

Thanks, since months I don't use any trading bot at all. And all these stupid trades were done in 1 day, which reduced my fund to be 15% of before.

And until now I cannot login yet to Kraken to check.

And Kraken has not answered me what has happened
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
Do you use any third part service which uses your API from Kraken?
you probably need to look for the culprit from there. Using API from exchange on unreliable trading bot can result in trading on some overpriced shitcoin, all you said that happened looks like such a scenario to me.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hi all,

With GAuth 2FA, good password and the email only used for crypto, I've lost more than 20 thousands euro on Kraken some days ago when someone did some illegal trades on my account: on a certain day a series of buys and sells NOT DONE BY ME has caused me to lose more than 20k Euro.

Upon noticing this, I've changed the password of Kraken and email, disabled all API keys, and I contacted Kraken.

I am not happy with the way Kraken handles this issue:

-  Kraken requested me to do all kinds of security strenthening: malware scanning, password changing, uploading of my photo's holding some one-time-password, deleting all API keys once more, ...

- I have asked Kraken more than 3 times how I was hacked, and if they have done anything to avoid the attacker from withdrawing the profit this attacker has gained upon illegally trading on my account. Kraken has never answered. Instead they kept asking me to strengthen my account's security.

It has been 5 days now, and I am still banging my head against the wall, still unable to login to Kraken, and is still answering Kraken without any hope to understand why I was hacked.

Who has the same experience with Kraken ?
Pages:
Jump to: