Pages:
Author

Topic: Kraken to honor Mt. Gox bitcoin claims - page 2. (Read 1474 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
April 24, 2015, 10:38:15 AM
I wonder what the secret reason for this is? You don't usually see someone giving back millions from their own money, millions that someone else stole.
Let's see how this turns out, maybe Kraken is really just run by a 'good guy'.
However someone needs to put Karpeles in prison. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would be happy even without their money (many have probably accepted that it is gone).

I still don't get how Karpeles got away with it without any consequences. And about Kraken being the good guy I don't think so. It's a business after all which means they are surely getting some sort of profit by doing that. I actually remember reading some dodgy shit about Kraken but I can't remember what It was. I think I saw it on Reddit.
This probably is a PR marketing action by Kraken.  More users will trust them because they are the good guys who try to give the users their bitcoin from mt.gox, but hey probably have an other plan in their minds.
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
April 24, 2015, 10:23:36 AM
Logged in to mtgox to start filing my claim. Changed password, forgot password. Damn.

What do I do now? File my claim offline?
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2015, 08:33:20 AM
I may have missed something, but why are Kraken doing this exactly?

Promotion would be number 1 reason it seems.  Most of the time trading companies are just looking to get people through the door for 5 minutes and process a trade or 2.  If 10% of people come back to trade again that is huge for kraken.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 24, 2015, 08:31:11 AM
I wonder what the secret reason for this is? You don't usually see someone giving back millions from their own money, millions that someone else stole.
However someone needs to put Karpeles in prison. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would be happy even without their money (many have probably accepted that it is gone).

I still don't get how Karpeles got away with it without any consequences. And about Kraken being the good guy I don't think so. It's a business after all which means they are surely getting some sort of profit by doing that. I actually remember reading some dodgy shit about Kraken but I can't remember what It was. I think I saw it on Reddit.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 24, 2015, 07:45:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
April 24, 2015, 07:43:59 AM
I may have missed something, but why are Kraken doing this exactly?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
April 23, 2015, 10:16:50 PM
Kraken, a San Francisco-based bitcoin exchange, has agreed to be a trustee and help the victims of the collapse. It's been more than a year that reported a loss of 850k BTC due to theft, fraud, negligence and mismanagement. The creditors of will be required to create Kraken accounts for distribution of bitcoin by the trustee.

"We see our involvement in this process as an opportunity to restore faith in the community by showing what we need more of in the Bitcoin space - trusted leadership," said Kraken CEO Jesse Powell. "We're dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience. What is that? It's fast execution and reliable service - all done over a secure platform. Whether you're a long-standing client or trying us for the first time, we're committed to putting your best interests first. That's our philosophy. It's simple. Put people first."

At present, the exchange is accepting claims up to $1 Million in free trade volume per creditor as a bonus for claiming funds through it, irrespective of location. 

"Thanks to Kraken, filing of claims can be done through their system," said the MtGox trustee. "We expect this to enable smooth filing of bankruptcy claims and distributions."

(Source: http://fxwire.pro/Kraken-to-honor-Mt-Gox-bitcoin-claims-28640)
Pages:
Jump to: