Pages:
Author

Topic: Kucoin Community Chain KCC - page 2. (Read 224 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
March 20, 2023, 07:44:42 AM
Going back to the KCC network, are you saying it isn't possible to transfer Bitcoin?

It's possible only if the wallet or exchanges support it but Coinbase does not support that network so you won't be able to transfer BTC through the KCC network from the KuCoin exchange to Coinbase.

I suggest read Coinbase Supported assets and networks so that you know which network are supported or other assets.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 20, 2023, 07:27:10 AM
Going back to the KCC network, are you saying it isn't possible to transfer Bitcoin??  KuCoin exchange is suggesting it as an option when I go to transfer Bitcoin out but I don't have a compatible wallet yet to enter an address (so I don't know what it will start with)

On KuCoin it lists a number of KCC compatible wallets when you select this method of transfer ... Trust Wallet is one of them.

I checked Trustwallet and I can't see any WBTC on Kucoin's chain. But according to this[1] you should be able to send and receive KCC tokens so maybe the token and funds will show without having to manually add them. It's better to try and send a small amount to make sure that everything is working properly.

Now, I get that you want to use this to save some fees, but as mentioned above, you should understand that WBTC and BTC are not the same thing and there are certain risks that come with using BTC on other networks[2].

[1] https://community.trustwallet.com/t/kcc-kucoin-community-chain-integrated-to-trust-wallet/510424
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61281800
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
March 20, 2023, 07:00:34 AM
Thanks but it doesn't sound like it will be worth it to setup with OKE and transfer for the limited cost saving at the moment.  I also haven't got into spending BTC, it's simply to hold and trade over the medium/long term.

Going back to the KCC network, are you saying it isn't possible to transfer Bitcoin??  KuCoin exchange is suggesting it as an option when I go to transfer Bitcoin out but I don't have a compatible wallet yet to enter an address (so I don't know what it will start with)

On KuCoin it lists a number of KCC compatible wallets when you select this method of transfer ... Trust Wallet is one of them.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 20, 2023, 05:00:09 AM
To add to the above, this[1] should help you choose the coin to withdraw from Kucoin to OKX.

Also, If you're going to spend your BTC on gift cards, or to buy things online, then maybe you should withdraw them with the lightning network (for 0$ fees) since most BTC payment processors accept it.

[1] https://withdrawalfees.com/exchanges/kucoin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
March 20, 2023, 04:50:10 AM
Has anyone used KCC to transfer Bitcoin?? 
Not bitcoin, but an altcoin.

Any bitcoin address that do not start from 1, 3 or bc1 are not bitcoin, they are altcoins.

My advice:
If the amount you want to transfer is not much, you can convert it an altcoin that have low fee, send it to OKX. Move it from OKX to you bitcoin wallet.

OKX charges $2 for bitcoin transaction.

If the amount is much, you have to take note of the trading fees. Trading fee is in percentage. Which means that trading fee may take higher amount if you are dealing with huge amount of money.

Edit:
I have just checked this, the fee on OKX has also increased recently, about $9 now with bitcoin at $28000. Bitcoin fee on exchanges are usually expensive.
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
March 20, 2023, 04:39:28 AM
I'm about to move BTC off exchange at KuCoin to my Coinbase Wallet.  The charge however is a hefty $14 dollars on the BTC network.

There is another option listed, the Kucoin Community Chain which only charges $0.56

Has anyone used KCC to transfer Bitcoin?? 

I also don't believe Coinbase Wallet accepts it but it seems Trust Wallet does so could set up there.  Any trust wallet users who can confirm it accepts KCC transfers??
Pages:
Jump to: