Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Bounty. Why do it? - page 10. (Read 1198 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 109
August 07, 2019, 10:09:18 AM
Yes, this is not a sale. But you become the owner of tokens. I think that the KYC is asked to go through to remove possible questions to the project from regulators.
It is possible that this also makes it possible for the project team to verify that real people, not bots, are participating in the bounty.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Life's but a walking shadow!
August 07, 2019, 10:04:04 AM
I think this is a sign of a dishonorable project that wants to deceive bounty hunters.
It is not in any way so, but that's not to say that projects that request the submission of KYC are legitimate and cannot be a scam(obviously they can).
What we are made to understand is that such projects use such information to checkmate the possibility of bounty hunters trying to get in with more than one account, to increase their income, so unless such individual can in any way forge two identity documents(which is almost impossible),then they've curbed that menace.

But on another hand, submitting such private documents are highly risky and it can obviously get into the hands of fraudsters, that's why it's better not to give out such documents.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
August 07, 2019, 10:03:49 AM
I think KYC is really needed in a bounty program, of course their goal is to know that the account that follows their bounty program is not a robot and indeed someone who can think well. Another goal is to make a transaction at the end of the bounty later, and besides to be able to know all the profiles of the account holders so that there is no case of money laundering or theft in the process of developing the ongoing bounty program.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 07, 2019, 09:50:19 AM
I think that basically KYC for bounty hunters exists because they do not want to pay to bots. a lot of people scam in bounty campaigns using a large number of accounts for one person
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
August 07, 2019, 09:50:05 AM
Why do some projects do KYC for bounty?  Is this a legal thing or is it a way to make sure they are not being scammed by bounty huntrs?  Are there jurisdictions which would require bounty to have KYC?  This is not a token sale after all.

Its a good way to eliminate duplicate entries, scammers, etc.. Project team claims this when they go for KYC especially for bounty hunters.
Aside from that, I think projects do use KYC for their future promotions by using their information, to target a demographic and gain more engagements. KYC is such a good way to help a project but for bounty purposes, I don't really think it's needed, when some of them won't even get you a huge value of tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1407
August 07, 2019, 09:46:16 AM
Why do some projects require KYC for bounty?  Is this a legal thing or is it a way to make sure they are not being scammed by bounty huntrs?  Are there jurisdictions which would require bounty to have KYC?  This is not a token sale after all.

I think that some of the projects that are asking for KYC want to block multiple accounts of people who want to break the rules of the bounty campaigns, But what if the project which asking for KYC is a scam project that wants to collect participants' documents and sell them or for any other reason, Really if these personal document fall into the hands of criminals, this is not good, But how can Project Managers prevent cheating in the bounty?
Activity: 1
Merit: 1
August 07, 2019, 09:35:47 AM
I think it is implemented to prevent users from registering with different accounts. It also to make sure that peope participating will provide true information in order to determine which people are scammers and who are legitimate ones.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
August 07, 2019, 09:41:53 AM
To sell your personal data in case of bad token sales
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
August 07, 2019, 09:15:16 AM
Why do some projects do KYC for bounty?  Is this a legal thing or is it a way to make sure they are not being scammed by bounty huntrs?  Are there jurisdictions which would require bounty to have KYC?  This is not a token sale after all.

Its a good way to eliminate duplicate entries, scammers, etc.. Project team claims this when they go for KYC especially for bounty hunters.
copper member
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
August 07, 2019, 09:14:08 AM
Why do some projects require KYC for bounty?  Is this a legal thing or is it a way to make sure they are not being scammed by bounty huntrs?  Are there jurisdictions which would require bounty to have KYC?  This is not a token sale after all.
Pages:
Jump to: